Beltane Bash - good fun

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Beltane Bash - good fun

Postby kit » Wed May 30, 2007 2:18 am

We had a great time at the Beltane Bash over the Bank Holiday Weekend. Although the weather was terrible and everyone got very wet in the Pagan Parade, it was good fun and lovely to see so many people taking to the streets. I love the way people dressed - a real mixture of styles and colours. I was in a little green ra-ra skirt with green tights and boots, and a green sparkly top with a long green cloak and ivy and daisy head-dress. My youngest son groaned when he saw me, and my middle one said I looked like a pagan Tinkerbell! Where did I go wrong, bringing them up to think this way? They used to love dressing up when they were little boys (no, I won't mention the pink tights I promise).

Anyway, there was a lot of interest in the Stonewylde Books at the Bash, and Mr B and I sold almost 60 copies!! That's a lot of new readers. It was great to see Erykah there, who'd come in specially with her lovely boyfriend. And of course to meet up again with Lesley the Raven, whom I met for the first time at the Jack in the Green Festival. Although we've been e mailing for months and she feels like an old friend already! I'm hoping to go to the Samhain version of the Bash, called the Hallowe'en Festival. Sounds like a good opportunity to go gothed-up! It's on Sat 20th and Sun 21st October at QMC, London. If I do go, I'd like to take the new book Solstice at Stonewylde for its launch (a little earlier than planned) and maybe give a talk too. Will keep you posted!
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Return to News and Events