Have a look

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Have a look

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat May 10, 2008 1:14 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewylde

I maybe a bit slow here, sorry if it has been posted before but this weather is frying my brain.

I thought it was very good and wondered how many world wide would have read it (sorry again, if there was a counter I missed it)

:wink:
Carprimulgidae

Postby Leanne » Sat May 10, 2008 1:53 pm

I hadnt seen that before, and i dont remember it being posted here either carp. well done for finding it! I wonder if Kit and MrB have seen it yet?
Leanne

Postby Pixiedust » Sat May 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Wow, I've never seen this, how exciting. x :D
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby solsticedreamer » Sat May 10, 2008 4:30 pm

yes ive seen it...well actually swampy found it when he was searching for the forum on his lap top :D

i wonder how many people will read it and wish they were there~ahhhh how lucky are we :wink:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Sujee » Sat May 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Ooh, now lovely! I had not seen that before. What a detailed entry it is, wonder how many people who read that will go searching for it in Dorset, the writing was so factual!!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat May 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Sujee it seems so real, I can see it all and people have asked me is it real and where is it :wink:

my answer is, of course it is real who could make all that up :lol:
Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Sat May 10, 2008 10:12 pm

I shall send that link to friends and see what they make of it. Wonder who wrote it? Like you, I could see it all so clearly in my mind's eye...

Am going to wear my t shirt next week and see how many people recognise it!!!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby sea sprite » Sun May 11, 2008 7:31 pm

Wow! That's so detailed :shock: Oh, why can't it be real? :( I know it's very real for all of us, but I'd love to visit it in the flesh and not just in my mind!
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

the wikipede writer

Postby cornmother » Wed May 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Leanne wrote: I wonder if Kit and MrB have seen it yet?
and Sujee said: Wonder who wrote it?

I bet Kit and MrB are both sitting at home with a great big grin on their faces :)

Yup, it's a really good piece of background to the Stonewylde series. I hope no-one tries altering it. That's the one thing about Wikipedia I don't like - you can spend hours researching, writing, then posting a piece that you think will be of great interest/useful information to the world out there, then along comes someone who thinks they know better, or they don't agree with the text of what has been published, and they go and change it - which, horrors, they can do. So the original contributor has to be on their guard all the time. Like the Internet itself, Wikipedia is shifting sands.

Joy, Health, Love and Peace
CM
cornmother

Postby Seawitch » Thu May 22, 2008 6:54 am

It could be so easy to miss the fourth word on the first line ......... and the rest is so true that any reader who stumbled upon this article would be convinced of the existence of Stonewylde.

I can just imagine hoards of Stonewylded people scouring maps of Dorset or trying to find their way there through an AA routeplanner ...........
Seawitch

Te! He!

Postby mrb » Thu May 22, 2008 9:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just can't believe that you wonderful people have only just found this entry on Wikipedia ... its been there for some considerable time and something Kit put up sometime ago. If you ever searched for Stonewylde in Google, it has often appeared on the first page of the returned results.

Interestingly, the fourth word was only inserted after Wikipedia threatened to remove the whole entry because it DID appear that Stonewylde was real! :shock:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri May 23, 2008 1:04 am

MrB
you just dont understand, we havent got time to look around much, we are always on here :lol:
I seen it a while ago but thought everyone knew, seems they didnt, every little helps & I sent the link all over the world.

:wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Stonewylde on Satnav??

Postby cornmother » Fri May 23, 2008 10:04 am

Aw gee, Mr. B....I can't believe you let the Stonewylde cat out of the bag (I just can't believe that you wonderful people have only just found this entry on Wikipedia) This thread could have run and run....who posted it? who wrote about it? was it someone who lived there years ago? an ex-Hallfolk? and so on........

Guess someone would have got to the source eventually, as it's there for all to see. Just hope, as I said, no one mucks about with the text - it's perfect as it is.

Joy, Health, Love and Peace
CM
cornmother

Doh

Postby mrb » Sun May 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Doh :oops:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Return to News and Events