Kit on Radio Devon - May 19th 2008

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Postby Moonchild » Mon May 19, 2008 11:02 am

That was great (not to mention a wonderful excuse to abandon revision for a bit :P ) It was lovely to hear it being read - I shall look forward to hearing the other sections :)
*she who dances with the crows*
Moonchild

Postby Beantighe » Mon May 19, 2008 11:04 am

FANTASTIC, KIT!!!

A brilliant interview and my! Judi's sure been Stonewylded, hasn't she? She's going round wishing Bright Blessings to everyone, now! I think it could catch on.................... :D :D :D

And well done to Carp and Cornmother for getting a mention on air!

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Beantighe » Mon May 19, 2008 11:11 am

Ooh, and another thing - Kit did such a good job of promoting this forum, Judi said she might even join! Watch out for her, guys, and let's give her a supah doopah Stonewylde welcome for putting us on the map! I think Stonewylde 4 has just got that bit closer! 8)

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Radio Devon

Postby cornmother » Mon May 19, 2008 11:52 am

That really went down a treat - Kit, you did so well! Such a lot of air time, too. Beantighe, you deserve a round of applause (or a round of mead) for suggesting Radio Devon - it certainly took off. And yes, we'll all give a huge welcome to the Devon Maid, if she joins the forum.

And did anyone notice? - it couldn't have been a better time for an interview - with the full moon tonight!

Joy, Health, Love and Peace
CM
cornmother

Postby Firecracker » Mon May 19, 2008 12:29 pm

I'm at work so had no chance of hearing this. But well done Kit! Sounds like a great job.

Hope book sales get a huge boost from it!! :D
Firecracker

Postby sea sprite » Mon May 19, 2008 12:40 pm

It was great to hear Kit and brilliant that she got so much air time :D Hearing her read the extract has definitely made me want to go and read the series again :D

Well done, Kit :D :D :D
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

RADIO DEVON-- Where Next?????

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon May 19, 2008 1:04 pm

CM said "And did anyone notice? - it couldn't have been a better time for an interview - with the full moon tonight! "

I did notice, really strange how things work out or is it really strange :?:
some things are just meant to be, the air time was really good and it all came over so well.

I think KIT will need more brown packing paper to keep up demand for the books, lets all hope so.

:P
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Pixiedust » Mon May 19, 2008 2:05 pm

Firecracker wrote:I'm at work so had no chance of hearing this. But well done Kit! Sounds like a great job.

Hope book sales get a huge boost from it!! :D

Firecracker, if you click on mrb's message at the top and go to radio devon, you can listen to it again, if you missed it.

Full Moon - what a co-inky-dink :wink:
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby Beantighe » Wed May 21, 2008 9:02 am

Judi's really got the bit between her teeth today! She must have been so impressed with Kit and Stonewylde, she mentioned them again today. First of all a resume of Kit and Stonewylde and what it was all about, then she said how she was reading the books in bed, and her hubby asked her to read to him. He said he didn't mind what it was, so she read him a bit of Stonewylde. He listened to all the 'strange' names and then said: 'Is it about rabbits?' He thought it was Watership Down, lol!

Also, Judi has been so taken with the way everyone in the books says Bright Blessings to each other as a greeting, she says she's been driving her hubby mad by wishing him it at every opportunity! :D She has a feature called a Talky Bit every day, where she invites listeners to phone in, text or email with their tales and experiences on the day's subject. Because of Bright Blessings, today she wants to hear all the little ideosyncratic greetings, wishes and pet-names that people use.

I just thought it was so exciting that she has found Stonewylde so intriguing and fascinating that she's still talking about it on air! I'm positive this is going to do sales a power of good!

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Wed May 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Judi's great - she used to do a TV show round our way years ago. Shall listen to the interview this eve as have not had chance yet!

I love the fact that Judi is BBing everyone, and reading aloud to her husband - it made me laugh when I read what you said Bean about him thinking it was Watership Down!! :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Kit on Radio Devon

Postby cornmother » Fri May 23, 2008 7:58 pm

Greeeat to see the piccy of Kit in the studio (on the News & Events page). Looking at the clock, it must have been taken just after the live show had ended.

Well done, Kit!
:D
CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby Beantighe » Sat May 24, 2008 9:46 am

Where did you find this pic, CM? I've searched all over, but I can't find it.

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby sea sprite » Sat May 24, 2008 10:18 am

Hi Beantighe,

If you go to the Stonewylde home page and click on 'News and Events' (next to 'Green magic'), it's near the top of the page :)
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat May 24, 2008 4:42 pm

Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Kas » Sat May 24, 2008 5:28 pm

Thanks Carp, I listened in to the interview on that Monday morning, so it's good to see a picture from it. :)
Kas

PreviousNext

Return to News and Events