A suggestion

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Postby Sujee » Wed May 28, 2008 9:50 pm

Don't think I have ever had a Welsh Cake.... :(
What is in them? I could make some lovely childhood-inducing Jam Tarts or Fairy Cakes or Flapjacks or my world famous chocolate sponge with chocolate icing (proper chocolate too - not cadburys!)
Think we would need hoists to lever us off teh picnic rugs after this lot of wonderful food everyone wants to bring - especially if washed down with cider and mead :lol: :lol:
Anyone know anyone with a crane? If not just roll me into my tent.. :roll:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed May 28, 2008 11:30 pm

Suejee

they are nothing like the shop welsh cakes, i can send you the doings but you need a steel to go on the cooker. mine is handed down and 1/2 inch thick so holds the heat well (thats how i burnt them all) i like um well done :lol:

easy to make just takes time, dont worry i will do you some.

:wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Beantighe » Thu May 29, 2008 10:25 am

Coo, just come back after a few days absence, and now all this talk of cakes and other goodies is making me drool!! :P How about one of my speciality coffee and walnut sponges, or some all-butter shortbread moon cookies? :D Ooh, and I have to say, one of my all-time favourite drinks is sparkling elderflower cordial! Mmmmmm!!! :D

Ooh, this Stonewylde camp is looking more and more do-able - it's the one Camp I'd really like to go to. Please let's take it out of fantasy land and make it a definite event! SOOOOON!! :D

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Kas » Thu May 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Those shortbread moon cookies sound yum, it's all getting my tastebuds going. :)
Kas

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri May 30, 2008 3:01 am

Beantighe
that all sounds too much, do you want a lodger :lol: i love coffee & walnut cake (or sponge) but still trying to work out how we put weight on.....
you eat one small piece & put on a pound now where is the sence in that :?: :roll: dont eat.. you put weight one.... eat and more goes on. :roll:
cant win so just enjoy I think :lol:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Seawitch » Sat May 31, 2008 9:27 am

Don't forget Dorset Apple Cake - yum. Don't have any decent recipes though - I've tried loads but never found one which seems 'right' if you know what I mean.

And nobody's mentioned that most Dorset of delicacies - the Dorset Knob - but maybe just as well, eh. Although Dorset born and bred, I could never get meself to like these dry tasteless things ..... unless maybe it's a gender thing (!)

If we're scoffing all these lovely goodies we'll need something to wash them down with, so I could bring some of me homemade wine. Couldn't sell it though cos of licencing restrictions - but nothing to stop me sharing it with fellow Stonewylders.

After a couple of glasses of my brew we won't need any 'herbal' cakes to make us merry ....

But there will be a lot more to this festival than eating, drinking and being merry - so now what about the music and other entertainment?
Seawitch

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat May 31, 2008 9:43 am

Seawitch
you live in pirate country, dont worry about "Couldn't sell it though cos of licencing restrictions"
:lol: :lol:

I am sure we could put a band together :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

some recipies just dont work out, far better to play it by year but the art is remembering what & how much you put in :oops:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Sat May 31, 2008 10:15 am

Ebany can sing for us, Cornmother can tell us firelit stories, Carp can take us on a bird/nature walk, i-witch could do a photography workshop, Kit could do a writing workshop, Beantigh and the other amazing cooks can do cook-ins and I could do a bellydance workshop so we can dance around the fire. Leanne could do craft workshops and SD could talk about Pippin and her adventures.

Any musicians in the house??
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat May 31, 2008 10:35 am

SD & I could play for you :lol:
me with didj & SD with her solar panel............. well they look like a scrubbing board so should get a sound from it.

for you young uns that dont know what a scrubbing board is you dont know your born, just glad i fixed my washing machine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look out Michael Eavis you time has come to an end, we are taking over :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

oh, almost forgot Ebany, sorry matey we need you :lol: MrB would be a whicked compair "nice to see you-to see you nice" :lol:

OMG my head is running away now, better stop before i get a nose bleed or something.

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Sat May 31, 2008 10:41 am

Derek Guyler used to play a mean washboard.... am older than I appear hehehe!
Could get some practice in and bring some spoons to play :lol: :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Seawitch » Sat May 31, 2008 10:42 am

Arr, pirate country right enough me hearties - an shame on me fer forgettin' me ancestry! Fer I be havin' the sea flowin' through me veins from a long line of swashbucklin' mariners an their wenches who be gone avore me.

Seawitch by name, Seawitch by nature.
Seawitch

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat May 31, 2008 10:51 am

seawitch I love it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

xx

Carprimulgidae

Postby solsticedreamer » Sat May 31, 2008 6:43 pm

hey hey! i am up for the washboard~think it would sound great with carp's didj :D

oh all this is sounding great!!! oh i so love festivals and camps with great vibes :D

oh now i want to pack up pippin and go off :roll: :lol:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Beantighe » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:16 pm

I could bring my recorder (don't laugh!) I think they sound lovely when played properly - I never could get the hang of the penny whistle................ and I've also got a djembe drum and a bodrhan (not brilliant at it, though, I just love the sound!) I'd be well up for a sing-song, though!

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:26 pm

ohhh all of us sitting round a fire....singing, storytelling... :D
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

PreviousNext

Return to News and Events