Kit & MrB

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Kit & MrB

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed May 28, 2008 10:39 pm

Have I missed something here :(

Have you sneaked to Hay on Wye fest without telling me your crossing the border :?:

or are you hard at work writting the next 4 books :lol:
I think I can speak for all the regulars and say WE HOPE SO :idea:

Hope all is well & your having a good time whatever your up to

xx
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Thu May 29, 2008 12:50 pm

Hear Hear!!
If you are writing now or soon, make sure you relax now, or are you buried under a tottering pile of packing cases....? :?

We all miss you, so hurry back soon. xxx
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby solsticedreamer » Thu May 29, 2008 4:31 pm

another here here from dorset :D

dont blame them if they have vanished off to hay on wye :wink:
if its packing cases had we better send in the mounties? :D
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Still here

Postby mrb » Fri May 30, 2008 10:05 pm

Yes. Still here, still listening and still watching. Kit is very busy at the moment on a whole host of projects ... not all Stonewylde. She'll be back on the forum soon! I promise :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Postby kit » Fri May 30, 2008 11:40 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I'm so sorry everyone! Cringing with guilt here. I know it seems like I've abandoned you all. I'm coming back soon I promise. The house move was very very time-consuming, not least because poor Mr B has been up to his eyes in work and I had to do most of the packing, cleaning, unpacking, more cleaning etc etc. Then as many of you know we didn't have broadband for almost two weeks which was a nightmare. I still have over 100 unanswered emails to respond to which I just haven't had time to deal with and feel very bad about this. (Anyone reading this who's wondering why I've been so rude ... I'm really sorry!) Getting the Beltane newsletter out was a nightmare too and it was so late.

And this house ... It's wonderful, and the enormous garden too. One of the main reasons we moved here is because we have eight children between us and loads of relatives, and we just needed more space so we could accomodate everyone. Well that certainly proved successful - almost too successful! We've had a constant stream of kids staying in various combinations (they all get on really well) and other friends and relations too - I seem to be constantly food shopping, cooking, washing up and changing bed linen.

I've also been away recently for five days, part of which was spent at Monkton Wyld in Dorset. That was absolutely wonderful. I'm going to do a blog about it very soon. And of course the Radio Devon thing too, which was such fun. I'm off to Dorset tomorrow morning to the Wessex Gathering, to do a talk, sign some books (hopefully) and generally meet people. Hope to see some of you there maybe! Then it's back home to a huge housefull of two of my kids moving in for the summer holidays (and university holidays are four months!!!), three of Mr B's kids visiting for the day, and two in-laws coming for the night. It's really lovely to have so much family around us and I love being the mother in all this, but it's at the expense of all my wonderful Stonewylders I'm afraid.

Anyway, enough excuses. Next week I'm going to spend a whole day just trying to catch up with the emails and stuff. I've abandoned all hope now of ever reading all the posts here that I've missed (you prolific lot!) so will just have to jump in again and hope I haven't missed anything crucial.

As for Book 4 - I have a bench now under our beautiful willow tree where I'm planning to sit and dream, which is the first stage of writing for me. Also a massive garden to tend to, including digging a huge vegetable bed, which is also the way to get my mind freed up for creative stuff. I've bought a really big wicker chair which will be put in the office facing out towards the garden and I'm planning to do my writing there. Just need some cushions as the wicker's a bit uncomfortable! One of the good things about having two of my bunch living here is that they can help with the cooking and housework - they're a well-trained lot, my kids.

So ... the summer solstice is my absolute deadline to start writing. I'm actually going to be writing the first draft of Book 5 first, and then go back and rewrite Book 4. It's already written in draft form but needs a lot of work. And I might need to adjust things a bit depending on what happens in the final book.

Thank you all for everything you're doing to help promote the books. I know how lucky I am having all of you out there rooting for Stonewylde. I've been talking recently with one of you about a Stonewylde festival, or at least a massive get-together and it's a very exciting thought. Something to look forward to for summer 2009 perhaps!

On that note I'd better get to bed as it's a long drive down to Dorset tomorrow. I'll be back in action properly next week - virtually everything is now finally unpacked, only a few more pictures to hang up and "sacred objects" (as my kids call all my bits and pieces) to be found homes for. I can now return to being Kit the Writer rather than just Kit the Homemaker. Can't wait!!

Bright sparkly blessings to everyone, and sorry again for being absent.
Kit xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Sujee » Sat May 31, 2008 9:29 am

Oh Kit, so good to hear from you! I thought that you would have been tied up in moving and family stuff and that is as it should be what with the move and vacations looming!
The garden sounds a wonderful place to write, hope it stays dry for you tho!
I can imagine that you have been like a whirlwind lately, and you have my utmost admiration for keeping it altogether, a lesser person (like me) would have crashed by now.
Have a great weekend at the Gathering and with all your wonderful family, without them none of this would have been possible - so take your time and we know we will hear and see more of you once you are back to 'normal'.
I like the idea of working backwards from book 5 - although it will only make your fans more impatient than ever with the thought that both drafts are ready for rewriting!!! :D
Loads of love and blessings xxx
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Return to News and Events