light rain light breeze noone about except the odd fox
No votes
frost on the grass full moon
48%
or just dont care as long as the PC dont crash
10%

Total votes : 21

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:10 pm

plenty of castles around me, you would love it here, will post a pic tomorrow on this thread. its on the other pc and she is playing up :oops: :roll:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Moongoddess » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:13 pm

Yeah really nice castles in Wales, been to Beaumaris, Caernavon and Conway. Liked Beaumaris best, lovely views :D Will try a post a piccy of Conisbrough Castle :)
Moongoddess

Postby Beantighe » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:28 pm

ooh, I love castles, too! My perfect holiday would be touring all over UK visiting as many as I could! And I'd love to visit Wales again one day, too. I had a camping holiday near Tenby in South Wales in about 1975, which I so enjoyed. It was a hot summer, and we had two fabulous weeks at Trefach Manor, near Clynderwen. It was up high, and the weather was so hot that the showers broke down and everyone was cooling off in the swimming pool, until it got so dirty it had to be drained, and the shop ran out of icecream and cold drinks. :lol: We visited Caerphilly and Haverfordwest castles, but there's loads more I want to see one day.

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:16 pm

Beantighe,
here is caerphilly at night, havent got any of Castel Coch but if you google it you can see. only a couple of miles apart but you need directions or would never find it, 75 was a long way off but I remember it well :lol:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Beantighe » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:16 am

They're lovely,Carp! Thanks so much for that! Why is it that time seems to fly so much faster as we get older? Is it because there's less of it, and age and aching joints makes us realise we're mortal after all? :? Ooh, we are a philosophical Beantighe this morning - :oops: Never mind, I'd rather have the creaking bones than the alternative! :wink:

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:28 pm

Hi Beantighe

I look back at things i did and realise it maybe 30 years ago :roll: yes it sure does fly but wouldnt change a thing, everything has worked out fine and nothing has fallen off yet just a little worn out maybe with aches & pains in places I didnt know I had, and picking something up off the floor takes 3 times as long but your right........... much better than the alternative :lol:
keep smilling :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Firecracker » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:47 pm

I went for the frost and full moon.

I think there is something so beautiful about frost, and I LOVE snow!
Firecracker

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:27 pm

there is a silence when it snows like no other, I love it too it's just we dont get enough here for me. Maybe this winter :?: :wink:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Beantighe » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:48 pm

I hope it doesn't get too cold..........I'm worried about keeping warm this winter, and I really suffer with the cold. Our landlord has promised to do something about updating our heating before winter this year, but we've heard it before...........believe it when we see it! Atm we've got just two archaic storage heaters - a small one in the living room (woefully inadequate) and a larger one at the bottom of the stairs, and an old convector heater in our bedroom. They're all out of the Ark, totally uncontrollable, power-hungry and inefficient. The storage heaters chuck it out at night when we're in bed, and come 4 pm, just when you need the warmth, they go cold, and I have to light the coal fire. I get so sluggish and miserable when I'm cold - just can't function.........ooh, dreading winter!

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:36 pm

Grrr, landlords can be awkward sometimes. He probably thinks you will forget about it. He has an obligation, surely, in the lease to make sure your place is adquately warm?!

I hope he comes up trumps this year for you Beantighe, it is horrid to be cold and sluggish. Will wish hard for good luck with the heating for you. xx
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Esmee » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:20 pm

I chose frost... it's so magical :)
Esmee

Postby Beantighe » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:15 pm

Thanks so much, Sujee! :D It made me mad the year before last, when the landlord decided to have the outside of the house tarted up, instead of doing something about the heating, especially as we've been asking and asking since we moved in 5 years ago! Hubby even offered to paint the outside for free, if said landlord would sort the heating out. But no, he went and got the cowboys in - they didn't do a thorough job AND plonked their ladders on top of my chrysanthemums! :evil:

What made me still madder, is that this guy owns several houses here that he lets out, and has sold a couple to pay for a new house of his own to be built (I think he lives in Hertfordshire). So he's having a posh new house built for himself, while we shiver every winter! Grrrrr! :evil: And now that the cost of leccy has shot up so much, I'm going to be too afraid to switch the darn heaters on anyway - we've had to get a couple of those halogen heaters - at least you can turn them on and off when you want!

Ooh, better stop now, before I get the bit between my teeth!!

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi Beantighe
you go for it and have a good moan it does you good as long as you dont get wound up more by thinking about it.
My father in law had storage heaters for years and we kept saying to change to gas, he used to leave them on because he felt the cold too so on a nice summers night when i would be in T-shirt the heaters would be on charging up.... then the next morning you would walk in & couldnt breath it was so hot, too late then as you know and if you opened a window he would feel the draft. At last he changed to gas and now it comes on & off and much more controlable & you can breath. Still too hot ofr me but he is in his 80's so maybe I will be like it in my old age who knows.

your landlord sounds like so many others, but i bet he has very few friends and probably zero true friends, :lol:

saturday on here seems to be the dead day :roll: i just popped on before i get in the shower and there are no new posts all day, with this rain (hasnt stopped here in sunny wales) i would have expected a few new posts but they must all be out shopping :lol:

Take care and by winter Kit may have moved on from T-shirts to include a fleece :idea: to keep all us Stonewylders warm :wink:

Carprimulgidae

Postby cornmother » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Carprimulgidae wrote:
no new posts all day, with this rain (hasnt stopped here in sunny wales) i would have expected a few new posts but they must all be out shopping :lol:

Keep up, lad - Kit's put a new post on her blog today :)

CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:31 pm

Hi CM
yes i know some have wandered off to the stones, I just wish I could have gone and hope they get a break and the weather is better there than it has been here all day and is at this very moment. It can only get better :lol:
And a full moon too :D no chance of seeing her from where i am, rain & misty mountains.

will look in tomorrow night and see if anyone is about, it could be a typical sunday night (dark early and wet out) with them not looking forward to Monday morning :?

oh well, catch ya soon
:wink:

Carprimulgidae

PreviousNext

Return to News and Events