No votes
frost on the grass full moon
48%
or just dont care as long as the PC dont crash
10%

Total votes : 21

Stonewylde Weather

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:41 am

Sitting here in just my shorts wondering why as it is so hot the PC fan is working overtime & the garden is so dead it is Eerie :shock:
nothing is moving it is so HOT :roll:

if this post ends in a string of full stops i have pasted out with Exhaustion and fell onto the keyboard :lol: ...................................

This must be our summer at last, not that I was looking forward to it coming, I am in search of a cold damp hole to crawl in until October when it should start to get cool again and back to NORMAL welsh weather [rain rain & more rain]
The weather at Stonewylde seems to be so perfect, what is your ideal weather :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Queen OF Swords » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi Carp,

I picked the light rain option but I have to say that my own personal choice is spring weather when it's warm-ish and sunny but not blistering like it is today. And funnily enough, we saw a fox when we were up the park earlier - poor wee soul was taking her life in her hands, as there was a Dogs Trust Fun Day on.

I have to admit I took a siesta and am just chilling in the house til later on this evening, when I minght venture back outside. Spare a thought for my poor child, who left this morning for a week's camping in the Lake District with the Scouts.
Queen OF Swords

Postby Beantighe » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:26 pm

I've gone for the cool evening with broken cloud and the moon peeking through. I love being up the woods with my friend on a night like this - it's so atmospheric and magical, with all the night sounds - I just love it!

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby sea sprite » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:59 am

I picked frost on the grass, full moon. It would probably be a bit cold for me if there was frost about, but I could wrap up warm :) I love clear, crisp nights when the moon is full and the frost glitters in the moonlight.
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:27 pm

here is one especially for you Sea Sprite

took it last winter, it was feeeeezing but the sun was out & soon warmed up but only enough to melt the frost.
:wink:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Although I love the sunshine and loved Sunday's weather (I was sauntering around Lacock) I chose the Frost and the Full Moon as I love the crispness of a frosty night and the moon peering down making it sparkle does it for me - I am an old romantic at heart!! :lol:

I try to find good things in any season or weather so it was a hard choice!! We are lucky as a nation to have weather rather than climate though, imagine how boring it would be to have the same day after day after day... :)

It was interesting to see the results so far though...
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:09 pm

autumn & spring must be my favs but the frost, snow and cold is nice.
:roll: no pleasing poor old me :cry:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Moongoddess » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:07 pm

I don't honestly think I could pick a favourite.....Summer, long hot summers sat out doors, especially in the evenings - good company, spot of alcohol :lol: decent music, candles twinkling in the twilight!
Or misty autumn mornings, when the sun is just starting to burn through the mist, giving a eerie feeling!
Or a beautiful frosty crisp morning, with the sunlight sparkling off the ice - especially on cobwebs and the beautifully halloed winter full moon - snowing outside and curled up in front of a wonderful log fire!
Or the wonderful spring fresh rain, birds sings, new shoots growing, lambs in the fields and the promise of a lovely long hot summer....which is right back where I started.... :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby sea sprite » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:54 pm

Love the photo Carp :) Autumn and Spring are my favourites too. It's been too hot for me these past few days. Then again, I'm not keen on the depths of winter either! I think there's about 1 week in the year when the weather is ideal for me :lol:
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Seawitch » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:08 pm

sat out doors, especially in the evenings - good company, spot of alcohol decent music, candles twinkling in the twilight!
......... that was me last night.

Went to a friend's birthday BBQ party and it was lovely to have the rare opportunity of sitting outside from lunchtime until nearly midnight. (It was an especially good BBQ because they catered mainly for veggies like me!)

The atmosphere was definitely magical once the sun went down - with everyone relaxed, the candles flickering and the stars twinkling.

Thought about organising an evening like this in my garden - but it would probably pour rain, or worse!

Seawitch
x
As I reeled the fish in and watched him struggle for breath, I realised his life was just as important to him as mine was to me. (Paul McCartney)
Seawitch

Postby Sujee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:00 pm

Well I can fit three on my balcony so come on round!! Will burn some incense, light some tea lights, cook my famous veggie lasagne (cant have BBQ on balcony as the smoke blows back indoors :lol: ), and open some wine.... we can sit and listen to the evening sounds and watch the gently wavering flight-paths of the regulars wandering home from the pub up the road tee hee!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:01 pm

any room for a small one too

Carprimulgidae

Postby Moongoddess » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:03 pm

looks like it gonna have to be a virtually balcony party :D
Moongoddess

Postby Sujee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:05 pm

Cool! like the weather :D

A virtual balcony party sounds great as then I can ge more guests in without worrying that the balcony will fall off!!

Then we can go to virtual Wales with Carp... then who knows...? Moongoddess, got room at yours? Oops - going off thread.....
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Moongoddess » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:07 pm

There's always room at mine - we can watch the Moom rise over the Castle on a lovely long hot summers evening......there, that nicely brought the thread back round again :wink:
Moongoddess

Next

Return to News and Events