Book signings - July and August

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Book signings - July and August

Postby kit » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi everyone - I thought I'd better update you all on the booksignings I've got organised for the next couple of months in case you haven't visited the Stonewylde website recently.

On Saturday July 14th I'll be in Bridport in Dorset at The Book Shop in South Street. I'll be there from 10am to about 12 noon, hopefully signing lots of books and meeting new readers. I do hope lots of people turn up. It's a great book shop for promoting local authors (and I was a local author even if I'm not now!) but apparently the people of Bridport are shy and don't always come flocking to these events. So if you're in Dorset do come and see me. I'll have the crow with me too! And of course Mr B - will have to persuade him to wear the green cloak and boots again if possible!! I'm really looking forward to going back to Dorset again.

On Saturday August 4th we're in Eastbourne at the Lammas Festival. It looks great - parades of giants, Morris Dancers and others, lots of music (including the famous Dorset band The Dolmen - really excited about meeting them!) and lots of craft stalls etc. I'll be with Jerry Bird of Green Man Books in the hall, so if you can make it to this lovely event, come and say hello! If you read Merry Meet (which Jerry produces) you'll see a fantastic review of both Stonewylde books.

On Saturday August 25th I'm in Devon at Tapeley Park at the Health and Harmony festival, and will be at the stall of Mercury Rising Books with Debbie and Steve (Debbie's a member of this forum!!). Can't wait to meet them too. The venue looks absolutely fantastic - beautiful house and grounds, and loads of interesting stalls and workshops. Should be great!

The next day, Sunday August 26th, I'm in lovely Avebury for the day! It's such a special and magical place for me - the stones on the front cover of Magus are Avebury stones, and the photo of me on the cover (disguised as the goddess in the landscape) was taken just down the road at West Kennet long barrow. I'll be with John Wilding, a keen Stonewylde fan, in his fantastic Henge Shop. I've had lots of fan mail from readers who discovered the Stonewylde Series in this very shop - a place of synchronicity some might say. So if you fancy a gorgeous Sunday bank holiday outing, come to Avebury and pop in to The Henge Shop and say hello.

I've put links to all these places on the Stonewylde website - just look under the News and Events section. You can follow the links for full details about each event. Do reply to this posting if you can make it to any of these events - I've met some forum members but most of you I don't know personally, and it would be great to meet up. :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Return to News and Events