News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Postby Sujee » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:39 pm

We have made 6000 postings on here now! What a prolific little band we are!! :lol:

I have only been on one other forum besides this one, but this is the place for me now! Was on the Most Haunted one once but the old timers on there had no patience for any newcomers who asked a question that had been asked before. Not so nice... :wink:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Queen OF Swords » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 pm

Oh darn it - I clicked on this post expecting to see 20 x Gerry Butlers :(

How did you work that out Sujee? I hope you didn't add up all of our posts - that would be so sad :wink:

I know what you mean - I used to visit a couple of forums but none are as much fun as this one - not that I would wish to deter newbies but I like it that there is a wee core group of posters who are supportive and like a chat and a laugh :D
Queen OF Swords

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:32 pm

It is by far the best one I been on too, we all have patience for newbees and nothing is too much trouble. Maybe it is because having the intrest in Stonewylde puts us all in a similar Category, even villagers & hallfolk get on here :lol:

If only the rest of the world was the same :roll:

you can post as often as you like on here, some just a few times while others are regular, but hoowever often you still get a warm responce.

A big thanks must go to Kit for bringing us together and a big thank you to MrB for making the forum possable.

:P Thanks for everything :P
xx
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Beantighe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:24 pm

Well after the trouble I've just had elsewhere, just for daring to post an alternative point of view on something that was never meant to be controversial in the first place, Stonewylde is a haven of peace for me just now. I thought I'd come limping in for some TLC and some soothing company! Much needed, I might add.

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:31 pm

you will get TLC here (loads of cuddles)
this is the best forum, no bitchy comments and always peaceful :wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Ebany » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:39 pm

This is a lovely forum to be part of - very tolerant and good fun as well!! I too have been on others and have sometimes been taken to task for one sentence which someone else did not agree with! More Bitch than witchraft..... :) :)
As Carp said, huge thanks to Kit and Mr B, it's great to part of something so positive!!
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Beantighe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:27 pm

And what I like about this forum, is that all the little witchy bits and pagan-type chat gets mixed into all the other things, not compartmentalised or pigeonholed. It's just so natural, a huge part of our lives, as it should be. I think it's lovely the way it just comes up naturally amongst the rest of the conversation. I don't like forums where you have to watch and weigh up every word in case someone pounces on you and tears you to shreds. Some people are more trolls than anything, just out to create trouble because somehow it gives them a kick. I've had enough of it elsewhere just lately. This is the place that feels like home now.

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Queen OF Swords » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:26 am

Aw - *group hug*

You know, you folks are really ace -it's you who make the forum. With all my trials and tribulations, it feels so nice to have somewhere to come to where you can get a bit of warmth.

I hope no trolls try to get on here - if they do, I'll sock 'em :wink:
Queen OF Swords

Postby Beantighe » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:27 am

Stuff 'em inside the Wicker Man at Midsummer! That'll larn 'em! :wink: :twisted:

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:19 pm

Oh Beantighe, how awful that others will not tolerate a differing point of view - we are who we are and wouldn't the world be awful if we all agreed about everything and nothing changed?

Even if they did not agree - there is no need to tear the poster to shreds - that is just plain nasty and to feed thier sad little egos so they look clever... :evil:

Hugs to you one and all {hugs} - we are all rather lovely aren't we?! :D

And no, I did not count all the posts :lol: :lol: - there is a counter at the bottom of the Forum Index!! :wink:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Moongoddess » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:52 pm

This forum 'ROCKS' :lol: :lol: It is by far the friendliest place in cyber space :!: :lol: It's just like nipping to the best local pub ever.....must be carling :roll: and spending a convivial evening with the nicest friends you've got :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Beantighe » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:05 am

Here's an absolutely stupid thing that just occurred to me apropos of nothing in particular (well I suppose it could be to do with mods in general keeping an eye on things -my brain wanders down some very peculiar highways and byways sometimes!)

Why is a groundsman like a sheriff?

Because he keeps lawn order!

And on that piece of idiocy........................................................................
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:44 pm

Beantighe :lol: - :roll: :roll: :roll:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Firecracker » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:45 pm

Beantighe wrote:Well after the trouble I've just had elsewhere, just for daring to post an alternative point of view on something that was never meant to be controversial in the first place, Stonewylde is a haven of peace for me just now. I thought I'd come limping in for some TLC and some soothing company! Much needed, I might add.

Love Beantighe

((((((hugs)))))))
Firecracker

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:58 pm

i really am playing catch up today~i promised swampy i would start dinner over an hour ago and i have been here :wink:

i only post here now, i was a member of a couple of others but with my studies starting up and moving etc and now i am on facebook as my sister goes there...and some other folk :wink: i was not finding time to keep posting at lots of different places.

i just love it here...everyone is lovely :D we all accept that we are not all the same and do things differently right down to individual belief. if there was a new law passed that said we could only access one site this would be where you would find me :D

now i really must go and do those 'taters :lol:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Next

Return to News and Events