Dorchester this weekend Sept 6th

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Dorchester this weekend Sept 6th

Postby kit » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:08 pm

Just wanted to let any Dorset readers know I'll be back with you all this weekend.

On Friday 5th I'll be on Radio Wessex FM on the Steve Bulley show between 12 and 12.30. I don't think it will be anything like that wonderful interview with Judi Spiers on BBC Radio Devon - she'd taken the trouble to read all three books and really interviewed me thoroughly. This Wessex FM slot will be much more casual I think. I don't believe Steve's read the book I sent him and he said we'd talk around the music etc - but then it is a commercial radio station and perhaps not able to devote time like Judi did. But do listen out if you get the chance. There may possibly be a piece in the Dorset Evening Echo (I sent a press release) but perhaps only in the What's On section.

But more importantly - I'll be in Waterstone's in Dorchester on Saturday 6th from 11am. Please do come along if you can. It would be great if a few Stonewylde fans could turn up wearing their T-shirts and help by drumming up some interest amongst shoppers. Or hand out some cards to people as they pass by. Or if you're a bit shy, just come and chat to me! These booksignings can be strange affairs. I've found in some Waterstones that shoppers are very shy and reluctant to approach an author sitting behind a table piled with books. It's a tricky one because I don't want to come across as pushy or anything. So if anyone can come it would be great. We'll take some photos and I'd be really delighted to see anyone who can come. Don't know how long I'll be there - usually a maximum of two hours and sometimes less.

Thanks!!
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Sujee » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:27 pm

Wish I could get there but will be thinking about you. Maybe we should ask for rain so shoppers come in to shelter and then see your books! :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Moongoddess » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:44 pm

So wish I could be there to support and meet you Kit :D But it rather a long way from South yorkshire :( If you come closer i'll definately help you out :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:44 pm

Only wish we were a bit closer but will be thinking about you and "Willing" people to have a chat and buy all your books in the shop :wink:

let us know how it goes, good luck
xx
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Seawitch » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:48 am

So will I be the only one there, then?

Seawitch
x
As I reeled the fish in and watched him struggle for breath, I realised his life was just as important to him as mine was to me. (Paul McCartney)
Seawitch

Postby Moongoddess » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:58 pm

Lucky you Seawitch.....enjoy :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby kit » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:41 pm

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes! It all went very well (read the blog for the whole picture) and it was wonderful to meet old and new fans. I feel very honoured when people take the time to come especially to meet me. Seawitch was fantastic! Thanks Seawitch! She brought her teenage daughter and her (the daughter's!) boyfriend along wearing Stonewylde T-shirts and they were great, handing out cards to passers by. I must tell you all that Seawitch's home-made soap is amazing - she must let us know when it's on sale. I can now personally vouch for it (and I wonder if the pentangle embossed in the soap rubs a little magic onto the washer?) and can't wait to try out some of the new flavours - especially patchouli, Seawitch. Yes, I was there in the seventies when everyone at school reeked of the stuff - still love it! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Return to News and Events