The Stonewylde Gathering 2009

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Postby Beantighe » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:42 am

I'd say two, CM! mill = millstones=two=stones=Stonewylders - you follow my train of thought? :)

Actually, that's a very good idea about some of us meeting up in Dartmouth. I was looking forward to hearing Kit's talk, but then extremely annoyed at the punitive cost of getting in! It's not only unfair, I think it's greedy! I do hope Kit might just have a few minutes to spare to come out and say Hello to us!

And yes, everybody's been so very kind to me. I haven't been used to such kindness. A little encouragement is heartwarming and goes a long way. Thank you all.

Love Beantighe

xxx
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby kit » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:52 am

I'd like to add my exclamations of joy too at your decision, Beantighe! :D :D :D We really will all look after you, and you've seen just how much you're wanted! As for the Dartmouth event - I haven't yet spoken to the organiser but will do, and will try to get my loyal followers in if possible. I definitely don't want anyone paying eleven quid to hear me waffling on! Whatever happens though I'll meet you all. Not waving from a window - I'll be in the pub with you all! My talk's not till late in the afternoon (which also worries me as I have a horrible feeling there won't be anyone around by then anyway) so I'll have all day. I would also like to say that this charge for my talk - I'm not getting paid! I don't expect to be paid as it's all part of promoting the books, but I don't want anyone thinking I'm making money out of them because I'm not! The same goes for the Gathering - the price of the weekend is what Monkton Wyld are charging and we haven't added anything onto that. I think it's actually a very good price as all food is included. And Beantighe - the food there is very nice. From what I remember there's usually a choice of stuff and certainly lots of bits and pieces - big dishes you help yourself to with things like vegetable lasagne, salads, potatoes etc. And we'll all be bringing cakes and things. And if all else fails, we can nip down to Lyme Regis and get some fish and chips! Must go - Segundus is here setting up his lighting and cameras and I think Likky is pestering him. xxx
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Beantighe » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:35 am

It's OK, Kit! Somehow I knew it wasn't you who was making the charge, but the Centre, but then I don't suppose it happens often that a speaker brings their own fan club with them! :lol: It'll be such a pleasure to meet you too! (Can always bring cake if you like - any excuse to bake! :lol: )

Lasagne sounds very nice - I could eat that! But courgettes are my nemesis!!! [smilie=eusa_sick.gif]

I wonder if the chippy down in the square in Lyme Regis is still there? The place has probably changed a great deal in the last 11 years.

I wouldn't recommend going in The Pilot Boat - they charge the earth, and the landlady (if she's still there) is a harridan with a mouth like a trooper! (I should know - I worked in the kitchen there once - never again!)

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:32 pm

payday today so i have just booked the camping for me and swampy :D
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Sorcha » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:51 pm

solsticedreamer wrote:payday today so i have just booked the camping for me and swampy :D

Great SD, I'm looking forward to meeting you and Swampy! Will be camping as well!!! :P :P
Sorcha

Postby Sujee » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:25 pm

Ooh, I used to eat in The Pilot when I was staying in Lyme Beantighe! The last time was at least ten years ago, when Claire was small and we used to go to the Chippy in the square too!

I love Lyme, we used to get to go fossil walking with the chap from Dinosaurland in Church St for free as we used to take friends along with us as well. Claire was about 7 or 8 then... Ah, how time flies by..... :lol:

I would love to live there but, my, how house prices have rocketed in the town!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:10 pm

sorcha likewise :) glad there will be some others camping as well, nothing like the atmosphere of sitting out under the stars and chatting :D
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Beantighe » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Well I've just messaged Kit, and hopefully me and my best friend Claire (the one with the soap shop (try saying that without your teeth in!)) will be joining you happy campers! I've been on at her to join the forum for ages now, but she's so constantly busy, and you can't pin a good girl down! :D She's a huuge Stonewylde fan, and she's promised to register and introduce herself tomorrow morning, when it's usually all quiet at work. So please would you all form an orderly queue behind me, ladies and gents, and give her a right royal Stonewylde welcome!! :D (I know you will!) She's called Clarysage, by the way. (she'll kill me for this! :twisted: )

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Beantighe » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:57 pm

Oh, and Sujee - I wouldn't recommend going to live in Lyme - it's the most unstable area in the country and I've heard it's impossible to get house insurance until you're 10 miles inland! All around Lyme Regis is infamous for landslips, even now. One big storm and half the coastline's gone overnight.

Lovely to holiday in, but not so nice to live in, or to get out of if you don't have a car! And food shopping - forget it! (so sorry to burst your bubble, hon!)

xx

Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby kit » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:30 pm

Yep, Beantighe's coming, along with her Stonewylde friend. :D And I'd like to say now officially that everyone who had an original invitation to the Gathering has now had plenty of time to respond, so I'm assuming that those who haven't don't want the places. So they are now open to other Stonewylde fans. I'd really like people who are coming to belong to the forum simply because then we'll feel that we know each other already before actually meeting. Hope that makes sense.

There's one camping place left and seventeen indoor places at the moment. Please ask anyone interested to e-mail me direct, and I'll send them the information newsletters. Hope this will keep everyone happy!
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:35 pm

every time i look at this tread it get's better, but with the law of averages being what they are, someone is going to bump into me wearing my T-shirt long before our gathering. Be it on the Tor-Avebury-chalice well garden or some wild place up in the clouds who knows :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:37 pm

Kit, we do know each other, just need to put a face to a few :wink: the others feel like family :lol: (i am talking of the regulars)
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby kit » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:43 pm

Exactly, Carp! That's why I want everyone coming to the Gathering to be members of the forum and become regulars. I too really feel like you're my friends, so I'd like everyone who's coming to be part of the whole thing and not just turn up as a stranger to us.
kit

Postby kit » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:55 pm

I may not be around much in the next couple of days but I just wanted to add that if anyone has received an original "regular forum member"'s invitation and is still thinking about coming, please do book soon because there aren't that many places left, and once I've accepted bookings from "ordinary" readers it'll be too late! Just don't want anyone to miss out. :oops:
kit

Postby Sorcha » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:14 am

solsticedreamer wrote:sorcha likewise :) glad there will be some others camping as well, nothing like the atmosphere of sitting out under the stars and chatting :D

my sentiments exactly!!! Beantighe + friend are joining us as well now :P :P :P And we have the Full Moon to chat under!!! I'm sure we have a great time!!! :P :P :P
Sorcha

PreviousNext

Return to News and Events