96%
No
No votes
Not Sure
4%

Total votes : 23

STONEWYLDE CALENDER 2010

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:19 pm

Sorry Kit & MrB, we all know your busy but it came to me so had to post, you have a year to think about it :roll: I was thinking about you honestly :lol:

We all seen LOTR calenders but wouldnt a Stonewylde calender look great :?:
I will leave the arty experts on here to think it out, the book covers are stunning but if your really stuck in the grafics dept we have spring covered
with Kit, Sujee and now Mistycat (me & Ebany will have to wait)

Over to you :wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Firecracker » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Oooooh, what a fab idea!! That would be a definite YES from me :D
Firecracker

Postby cornmother » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:12 pm

A great idea, Carp.......so long as.........you (or rather, some of the others) are not thinking in terms of Stonewylde Calendar Girls (and boys).....or I'll have to get that big teapot out again, and start brewing up. Perhaps The Jack could serve bromide tea along with the other infusions? I'll have to have a word with the Landlord.

Seriously, though - scenes from Stonewylde would make a brilliant set.

Wonder what happened to young Katie, the art student who posted yonks ago - she was intending to design a dress for Sylvie, wasn't she? Perhaps our younger adult forum members could make suggestions for what scenes they would like to see pictured on a calendar....

With a smile,
CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:03 pm

Dont panic CM, there is not enough here to have one for each month as if I would think of that anyway :?
You can pack your teapot away :lol:

:wink:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Ebany » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:06 pm

If she packs her teapot away what am I to do?? It's getting really awkward having to constantly take cold showers...... :? :? :D :D
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Moongoddess » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:10 pm

........ :? not that bad being on here is it :?: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Ebany » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:20 pm

That's exactly the point - it's really good!!! I find myself surrounded by a bevy of cuties and wenches - and then I'm told to keep myself under control without extra help from specially brewed tea - sometimes it's just too much for a poor simple man to bear (not that I'm suggesting that the wenches are not welcome, quite the contrary!!!! :shock: ). :D :D :D
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Moongoddess » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:26 pm

If you're like that on the forum.......Goddess knows what you'll be like at the Stonewylde Gathering, if all the females dress as wenches :shock: :lol: :lol: I can see MrB's gonna have to keep a hose pipe pointing at you :!: :wink: :twisted: :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:04 am

any more takers on a calender :roll:

Carprimulgidae

Postby kit » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:46 am

Funny you should have made this post, Carp, because Mr B and I have been considering a Stonewylde Calendar! In fact we talked about it last year, but what with all the other stuff that's been going on it got pushed aside.

The downside of producing a calendar is that it must be available from Sept of the previous year, and after the new year is unlikely to sell, so it's a very small window when it would sell. I say this because of the financial outlay involved in producing it. We're not looking especially to make a profit, but can't afford to actually lose money. Printing the books, T shirts and greetings cards has taken a great deal of financial outlay and the return is very gradual.

But a Stonewylde 2010 calendar is definitely a strong possibility and I'd love to hear from others what they think. For instance - would it be vital to have all the photos taken in Dorset, or could they be of any beautiful spot showing the month at its best? Stuff like that - anybody's views would be really interesting!

Thanks for this Carp - you're a wonderful Stonewylder and I can't wait to meet you!!
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Greymalkin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:54 am

I think the photos should be seasonal ( I have a calender of Castles and the December picture was obviously taken in the Summer).
I also think the pictures should be of pagan sites, stone circles, groves, etc.

It could also include some useful information on each page like what herbs are abundant in that particular month and what magickal uses they have.

Of course you'd need to include the lunar aspects in each page and also the pagan festivals.

Or, you could have computer images of places in Stonewylde. The Hall, the Great Barn, The Jack, Hare Stone.
I'm sure somebody would be able to create all these places with the magic of a computer.
Greymalkin

Postby cornmother » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:07 pm

Greymalkin wrote:I think the photos should be seasonal
I also think the pictures should be of pagan sites, stone circles, groves, etc.

It could also include some useful information on each page like what herbs are abundant in that particular month and what magickal uses they have.

Of course you'd need to include the lunar aspects in each page and also the pagan festivals.

Or, you could have computer images of places in Stonewylde. The Hall, the Great Barn, The Jack, Hare Stone.
I'm sure somebody would be able to create all these places with the magic of a computer.

Now that all sounds really good, Greymalkin. Spot on!
Decisions, decisions. You've given us two quite separate lines of thought.
Perhaps there needs to be a poll on what people would like?

CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby Greymalkin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:20 pm

I'm just a bubbling pot of ideas, me!
Greymalkin

Postby kit » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:41 pm

He is indeed! You should see some of the ideas he's come up with (is he angling for a job as Marketing Director for Moongazy Publishing I wonder??). I don't think the second idea would be one we'd go with for several reasons, but mostly because we don't have the expertise, and I'm loathe at this stage to replace people's mental images of Stonewylde with others. I'll leave that to the film director! But certainly seasonal pictures is what we'd like to do - I agree, Grimalkin - nothing worse than a summer shot for a winter month or vice versa. Sloppy that. It was more whether or not the focus should be purely on pagan sites, and also whether all shots should be taken in Dorset. Personally although I'd like very much to include standing stones etc, I don't think it would be so good just to have these as sometimes the sites can be a little bare and lacking in seasonal colour. I may be totally wrong here of course and will doubtless be shot down in flames. I also feel it would be a shame to focus solely on Dorset because there might be other really beautiful photos that show Mother Earth in all her glory and it would be a pity not to have that option. Having said that, I do think all shots should be taken in the UK, which kind of contradicts what I've just said!!

I really like your ideas Grimalkin about herbs and other info to do with each month, and as you say, it would have to have lunar details too. This is very exciting - keep posting everyone! The other idea we did have a while ago was making it a collaborative calendar and inviting Stonewylders to send in their most stunning shots of a particular month, from which we'd chose a winner. We couldn't afford prizes but people would be credited, and get a free calendar or two! What do you all think of this? But don't send me any entries yet because this really isn't decided yet! In fact I'm sure Mr B will tell me off when he gets back for saying this much already. He thinks I'm far too chatty about stuff - this from the man who was telling me off all summer for not posting at all! No pleasing some people.
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Taz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:12 pm

:D
A calender would be a great addition to the Stonewylde collectables!
I agree with Graymalkin's ideas - keep them bubbling away young man!
:D
Taz

Next

Return to News and Events