96%
No
No votes
Not Sure
4%

Total votes : 23

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:09 pm

a big yes from me :D

ebany...a bevy of cuties and wenches?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: wonder what i come under 'SD ponders....'

the Gathering is going to be very interesting...bromide in your hot chocolate anyone? :lol:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Ebany » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:13 pm

I'm perfectly happy to let you decide for yourself...... :P :P
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:21 pm

hmmmm what would i be???

swampy is no help whatsoever 'cute wench'?! :roll:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Moongoddess » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:05 pm

I think a calendar would be a great idea. It would be great if you could find sites that are linked with seasons, festivals, sabbats etc.....such as Stonehenge for summer/winter solstice sunrise.
Lovely atmospheric shots of Glastonbury Tor in the autumn mists, great for Mabon and the apple harvest and cider making.
......trying to think of other sites which remind me of the seasons.....how about Alderely Edge newly spring into blossom...... ahh would look lovely on my kitchen wall :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Firecracker » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:55 pm

It all sounds fabulous! I have never been down to Dorset but have some lovely pics of Lake District (including castle Rigg stone circle) and lots of North England.

I'm sure the Stonewylders could pull together some awesome photos for the seasons, throw a bit of Pagan / Stonewylde magic in there and it would be a beautiful calender.

And if it is more general "pagan" than just related to Stonewylde you would be open to a much bigger market on things like Ebay. I bought a pagan calender after typing that into the search on Ebay. And with Stonewylde info on there too, may create even more book sales!!
Firecracker

Postby Sorcha » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:35 pm

I think it is a great idea! I have this beautiful picture of my daughter standing before the Wickerman at Midsummer. I probably already sent it to you Kit!?? You see my daughter on the back and she is dressed in a purple robe. A bit of a medieval witchy girl.

Love,

Sorcha :wink:

Sorcha

Postby Sorcha » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:46 pm

By the way, this picture was made here in the Netherlands, but could have been made in Great Britain as well! You see the Wickerman, and the woods behind it!
Sorcha

Postby Greymalkin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:43 pm

kit wrote:Having said that, I do think all shots should be taken in the UK,

I agree totally! Especially as it will most probably be sold abroad as well. So many people come here and just see London and think that's all Britain has to offer (not that I'm saying anything bad about London, of course).

Stonewylde is a British creation and something like a Stonewylde calender should not only show off some of the truly breathtaking places we have in our country but also some of the rich pagan heritage we have, the likes of which you couldn't find anywhere else.

We should have more pride in showing off our green and pleasant land.
Greymalkin

Postby Greymalkin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:19 pm

kit wrote:He is indeed! You should see some of the ideas he's come up with (is he angling for a job as Marketing Director for Moongazy Publishing I wonder??).

Yeah, sorry about that. I often tend to get a bit carried away with things and, dare I say it? A little pushy at times.

I'm full blown Aries male - I really can't help it y'know.

I call it 'Ariesism'. It's almost a disease.
Greymalkin

Postby Taz » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:09 am

As an anally retentive Virgo, I think 'Ariesism' sounds fun Greymalkin :lol:
Taz

Postby Greymalkin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:12 am

It does to tend to annoy people around me.

However, as an Aries that doesn't usually bother me. :lol:
Greymalkin

Postby swampy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:46 pm

I love the idea of a calendar :D I also like the sound of us sending in pictures in a montly competition.

I definately also agree with the pictures being sourced from all over the UK. Me and SD lived in Dorset for four years, right in the heart of glorious Dorset Countryside which is visually stunning, but there are some equally amazing places all around these fair lands.
Old Guys Rule!
swampy

calendar

Postby cornmother » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:09 pm

Can't remember which thread (or forum!) it was on, but Kit did give us a list of the Stonewylde full moons. I think that could be a very good base for each month of the calendar. Bearing in mind the fact that we have a lot of good photographers within the Stonewylde community, it would be great if you sent in your photo that best represented that particular moon period. What images would you create for a Harvest Moon? a Hunter's Moon? Bring in the fantasy along with the realism. They don't have to be night-time images - you can meld day images with the moons (back to Samuel Palmer, etc.) Stonewylde is, after all, very much about the moon. Apart from the main image, there could be small icons giving each phase of the moon for that month (so we'd know when the Dark Moon was imminent, and take actions accordingly) (like evasive ones!)

What do you think?

CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby kit » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:33 pm

I love all these replies - please keep them coming as Mr B and I are seriously considering all this. Cornmother - brilliant suggestion! Definitely the moon should be encorporated into the calendar in some way, as it is an integral part of Stonewylde as you say. There's also the option too perhaps of not only having one main picture for each month, but either a collage of images or a few grouped, or something. There's a list of the Stonewylde full moons on the website under Green Magic - use Mr B's lovely new menu buttons to find them quickly! :idea:

Thanks everyone and keep the ideas flowing! You know we listen to you - remember the T-shirts and the Gathering are all because of Forum Pressure!! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:54 pm

Sorry Kit & MrB for causing all this extra work and putting you under presure :?

But we know you love it really :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

PreviousNext

Return to News and Events