Dartmouth Festival

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:15 pm

:cry: one gutted Carp and I missed out on young CM's corn dolly too :cry: doubly gutted :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Moongoddess » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:17 pm

So pleased to hear you had a good time Kit - shame more of us couldn't have made it :( But at least we know we will meet eventually :D
Moongoddess

Postby Sorcha » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:31 pm

Sounds like you had a great time Kit!!! And just like MG said, we will all meet up eventually!! Looking forward to that!!! And we will meet next year here in the Netherlands!! :P :P
Sorcha

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:37 pm

9 people on here tonight, 4 regulars & 5 guests :idea:
just to let you know

Carprimulgidae

Sunday

Postby cornmother » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:04 pm

Sunday was a brilliant day. Leaving Cornwall on a crystal clear morning, with the temperature hovering around the zero mark, the drive through the Glynn Valley was like travelling through a winter wonderland. The frost had painted the landscape white, accentuating the shapes of the trees and bushes in the wayside fields. We stopped at Totnes for lunch at one of our favourite pubs, then continued on to Dartmouth. The Flavel was easily located, with a large car park adjacent to it, and the foyer was an ideal place to meet.

It was a joy to meet up with Beantighe and John, together with Sophie and her mum. Taz, we’re so sorry you and Adrian couldn’t make it – but I did think of you up on Exmoor, with a long drive down in freezing conditions.
A tumultuous round of applause (well, we did clap, didn’t we, folks?) greeted Kit and MrB as they descended royally to the ground floor, and we all repaired to the Café Citron. Normally closed on a Sunday, James Lemon had specially opened the Café this day – thank you, James!
And there we all were, part of the very special family that is Stonewylde – from one of Stonewylde’s Senior Citizens (moi) to one of our youngest members, chatting as if we had all known each other for ages. Doesn’t this show how good a writer Kit is, that we all enjoy her books so much? We very much appreciated being able to sit tight in the Café when all the other customers had gone, and our precious hour whizzed by.

Beantighe, you are one of Stonewylde’s special people, and I look forward to seeing you at the Gathering; thank you, John, for bringing her. And Sophie, hey, it was really great to meet you, too! I hope you’ll encourage more of your friends to join the Stonewylde forum. It’ll be interesting to see the new Stonewylde website once it’s launched. Perhaps we can have a Teen Chat Room – your young fingers and agile brains are so much quicker than ours. (Oh groan says the overworked [but lovely] MrB – she’s at it again, suggesting more things for me to do!! Just when I thought I’d got it all sorted!)

Kit’s talk was well enjoyed by the audience who showed a lot of interest, particularly once she embarked on explaining how the different festivals slotted in to the year – Helixtree’s beautiful card being admired as it was passed around.
All in all, it was a great day. I know a lot of you were there with us in spirit. As we drove back in the crisp, cold evening, the skies were beautifully clear, with the gibbous moon seeming to float high above us on our left, almost as if she was overseeing our homeward journey.

So here’s to next year, when we meet up with a lot more of you. It’s going to be good!

CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:20 pm

We were there in spirit :roll: would have loved it but just the wrong time for us.

You have a way with words, "from one of Stonewylde’s Senior Citizens (moi)"

Ha :roll: pull the other one :wink:

Carprimulgidae

Postby sea sprite » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:22 pm

It sounds great, CM :D I would have loved to have joined you all and did seriously consider it. It would have been just too far with Robin in tow too though. I was thinking of you all yesterday though :)
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sorcha » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:05 pm

CM thanks for your update!! It sounds like you all had a fantastic time!!! We were there in spirit!!! didn't you notice those little sparks of light next to you at the table! :wink: :wink: :wink:!!!!
Sorcha

Postby Beantighe » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:19 pm

Yes, it was really lovely to meet Kit and Cornmother and Mr B and Sophie and Sophie's Mum, even though the clatter of the scraping chairs and the loud background music nearly drowned out what people were saying at first! Still, the girls in the cafe were very good in the end, and they thawed out when we invited them to be in our group photograph, and even got their T-shirts signed by Kit! I've never known an hour fly by so fast.

Roll on Spring, when we can get our meet-up at Chalice Well organised! I hope I can get John to take me there, too.
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:51 pm

It sounds like you had the most wonderful and imtimate day at Dartmouth. I too am gutted that I could not be there to meet you all, will the pic be put on the site? I would be interested to see you all beaming away. Gutted too that CM made corn dollies and I did not get to see them, they remind me so of my childhood - I hope they got a prominent position in the photos!

Looking forward to your blog about Dartmouth Kit, unless it is already there, I shall go and check forthwith!!

Kisses to you all

XX
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby kit » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:38 am

Sorry, Sujee - I haven't blogged about it yet. We only got back last night and I've just posted a blog about my teaching experiences last week. :shock: But I'll blog about Dartmouth in a couple of days.

But I've put a photo of us Stonewylders on the News and Events page on the website if you all want to take a look! Now you'll have to guess who's who! I'm saving the photo of CM's beautiful corn dollies for the Winter Solstice newsletter. Sophie and Beantighe - are yours hanging up yet or are you saving them for the tree? And Beantighe my lovely key ring is now in use!

It really was such fun meeting up and I just wish more of you had been able to come - although it is too far for most of course (and sorry to have missed you SS - but again, I know how tricky it is with a little one). I was chuckling to myself today about all the warnings you hear - and quite rightly so of course - about not meeting up with strangers whom you've met on the Internet! And there we were all getting on as if we'd known each other for years!! :lol:

Tomorrow I'm off to Glastonbury to do my radio interview! And all thanks to dear Carp! It's being recorded and won't be broadcast for a couple of weeks. I'll let you all know when it's on Radio Glastonbury's website. I'm really looking forward to it! :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Beantighe » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:39 am

Hiya Kit!

I've hung my corndolly from one of my wall candlesticks temporarily, until I find a better place to display it. Aren't they simply wonderful? Thank you so much to Cornmother, it was such a lovely thought, and so clever!

Kit, I'm so happy you like your key-ring. I was just browsing around and I saw it, and immediately thought of you - it had your name on it! :wink:

I wasn't a bit surprised that it felt so easy meeting you all on Sunday. We've all chatted and laughed and got to know each other so well on here, it really was like meeting old friends. I think we've all heard of the dangers of meeting people from the Internet, but I think what makes it different for us is that we can be so open with each other here, because we write as we speak, and you can sense the honesty without any pretense, because people are being themselves, and where there is honesty there is truth.

I went on the train to Reading last July to meet up with a group of friends I'd made from my other 'home' site, and it was just the same. Once we put faces to names, it was more like a reunion of friends, rather than strangers meeting for the first time. In fact, there was so much hilarity that people could easily have thought we were a gaggle of girls on a hen night, or something!

I'm very sensitive to atmospheres, and have a great tendency to pick up on underlying vibes, and I have been on other various Pagan sites where the atmosphere was - shall we say - far less than welcoming. This is an ability which has been fine-tuned, especially over the last 10 years. Sometimes I've felt as if I've been put through the mincer and spat out again.

However, I can honestly say that it's a long time since I've 'met' such a lovely bunch of people as all of you here. I know I have many friends here, and I'm so looking forward to seeing you all at the Gathering next September. I just feel I belong somewhere, for about the first time in my life.

And Kit - good luck with the Glastonbury Radio interview - not that you'll need it - you're becoming such an accomplished and confident speaker and you have the ability to inspire people.

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Sophie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi everyone!!!!!!

Yep, my corndolly has pride of place on our christmas tree (which is out very early this year!!!) and i love it thankyou so much cornmother. It was really great to meet everyone who went and i wish i could have stayed for the talk, that would have been brilliant! :D :D :D

Sophie
Sophie

only little, and made of straw......

Postby cornmother » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Sophie, Beantighe, and of course, Kit

I am really so happy that your little corn dollies are giving you so much pleasure - for a Jule ornament - or for your altar at Lammas, or just to have and keep as a special token of Earth's bounty. Old country crafts such as these are all part of our heritage, and I for one feel it is important not to let these die out.

and Sophie, have you seen Kit has posted the cafe photo on the News and Events page? (go to the main Home page, link on the top right hand.......but I guess you've seen that already :) )

With a smile,
CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Previous

Return to News and Events