Dartmouth Festival

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Dartmouth Festival

Postby cornmother » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:59 am

Kit

4th - 7th December 2008
but do you have a date and a time yet for when you're appearing at the DartFest? They haven't got their programme posted as yet.

:)

CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby kit » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:58 pm

Hi dearest CM - does that mean you're coming along to meet me at last? Whoopie!! :lol: I'm booked for the Sunday, later in the afternoon. Will check exact time and let you know (and put it on the website). We're actually staying with some of the organisers who are friends, so will be quite busy, and are also hoping to attend some of the workshops perhaps. We'll have to arrange to meet up at some point nearer the time, if you are able to come. The organisers said that I could sell some of my books, but I'm not sure yet whether there'll be any booksellers there who already stock Stonewylde (such as Mercury Rising). If so I'd rather attach myself to them and do signings. A lot less hassle and better for them too rather than have me around being a competitor. But failing that I'll probably have a little table or something. It will be SO good to meet you at last if you can come, and anyone else down that way too! We're really looking forward to it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Taz » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:40 pm

We're staying at a place in Exmoor that weekend..........maybe I can persuade the folk I'll be with to come down......... :lol: !!!
x
Taz

DartFest

Postby cornmother » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Sounds good to me, Kit!

A Westcountry get-together? TreBerry's Army?

Hope you'll be coming, too, Beantighe?

:)

CM
cornmother

Postby kit » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:15 pm

Lovely! Taz that would be great! Try to get your husband Stonewylded too and then he can come to the Gathering as a reader! I would love to meet Beantighe if it's not too far for her. Beantighe if you read this we'd love to meet you! I wish you were coming to the Gathering. :cry: Maybe if you met up with me, Cornmother and Taz in December you'd feel more confident about it? We'd all look after you! :D CM I have a feeling you're referring to something I should know when you say TreBerry's Army, but I'm afraid it's gone over my head. Tell us all! You're such a clever and learned thing! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby cornmother » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:51 pm

Come now, Kit!

With your Cornish roots, Trelawny's Army - Twenty thousand Cornish men will know the reason why...and all that - mind you, Trelawny's Army nowadays refers more to the lads going up Lunnun way for the rugby.

Wouldn't it be just great if you had twenty thousand supporters of Stonewylde. TreBerry's Army!

We're all working on it for you!

With a smile,
CM
cornmother

DartFest

Postby cornmother » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:37 pm

Well I'm darned! They must have heard me!! (Must stop this thinking out loud!!)

Your spot is now up on the website:

http://www.dartmouthfestival.com/ on the General Talks and Workshops page.

It's a date!!

XX
CM
cornmother

Postby Taz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:33 am

:lol:
It's looking good for coming along, His Lordship said he'd be happy to come with me, especially if a pub was involved at some point so we'll hopefully be there too (the books are always beside the bed....I'll keep at it Kit!).
Great, I am soooo looking forward to seeing those who can make it (better make sure my t shirt is packed!!!).
xxx
Taz

Postby Taz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:33 am

:lol:
It's looking good for coming along, His Lordship said he'd be happy to come with me, especially if a pub was involved at some point so we'll hopefully be there too (the books are always beside the bed....I'll keep at it Kit!).
Great, I am soooo looking forward to seeing those who can make it (better make sure my t shirt is packed!!!).
xxx
Taz

Postby Taz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:34 am

Oppps, looks like I had a bit of a 'stutter' there!
Slip of the finger.... :lol:
Taz

Postby kit » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:39 am

Great! Yes, T shirts are de rigeur for this event! If he'd only read the books, Taz, and get Stonewylded then you can all stay at the Hall for the Gathering!! If he comes along to the talk maybe I can try to charm him!! :lol: Can't wait to meet you all. It'll be so weird because of course I feel like I know you all already. :D

Thanks for putting the link to the festival up, CM. You are so on the ball, aren't you? I sent it last week but hadn't realised it was up already. :D
kit

Postby Taz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:51 am

I think I'll order him a t-shirt in any case, work from the outside in so to speak!!!! A charm offensive might be a good idea though, if I haven't managed to get him 'Stonewylded' by then!
Yippee, not long to wait for this. I've not been before, do we book up in advance for workshops or do folk just turn up? Don't want to miss out on Kit's!!
xxx
Taz

Postby Beantighe » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:24 am

I've only just seen this!

Hmm..........Sunday 7th December, you say? Dartmouth's not very far from me here in Brixham, and I'm sure I could twist hubby's arm to take me over there for the day! I'd really love to meet you all too, although I can't guarantee to wear a T-shirt in December! :shock: Maybe as a vest under all the layers of clothing............ :twisted: Didn't I say we needed a winter Stonewylde fleece? :wink:

Whereabouts in the town will you be, Kit? I don't know my way around Dartmouth at all, and it's yonks since I was there last.

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Beantighe » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:36 am

Ah! Found it! Is the Flavel centre easy to find?

I don't suppose we'll go too early in the day - I'm not really interested in the other workshops, and neither would John be. But if there's craft stalls and SHOPPING!!! :shock: we'll be in like Flynn! Knowing John, he'd rather have a Guinness or two while I'm wandering round. He doesn't mind taking me, but on past experience he'd rather leave me to do my own thing. That's what makes everything so awkward for me, worrying about John being on his own and having to kick his heels for hours on end, which makes me feel guilty then. It's hard to enjoy myself when I'm worrying about John.
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby kit » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Beantighe it would be so nice to meet you! I'm still hoping to persuade you to join us at the Gathering. Don't worry about John - if he prefers to let you do your own thing, then he's obviously happy about it and wants you to enjoy yourself. It'll be lovely to meet three of my special Stonewylders in one go! I'll phone the organiser of the Festival tomorrow and find out what's what about it all, and will post here. Thank you all! :D
kit

Next

Return to News and Events