Dartmouth Festival

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Postby Beantighe » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:24 pm

Aww, bless you, Kit! You and everyone else have all been so warm and encouraging, and I'd never have got up the nerve to do it otherwise. It means such a lot, it's like being reunited with old friends, instead of meeting new ones for the first time, and I'm so looking forward to it. (And Dartmouth too!)

love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby cornmother » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:39 pm

Beantighe, it'll be good! We're all looking forward to seeing something of you.
And yes, it's been bitter down this end of the country the last few days - and old Cornish cottages like ours have no heating upstairs. But the electric blanket is bliss! I have been known to nip upstairs and thaw out for an hour, when it's been really cold!
Hope the wind dies down soon (it's amazing how restless and unsettled it can make some people feel, especially with the cold north wind we've been having) and you have a better week.

With a smile,
CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby Beantighe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:20 am

You're not wrong there, Cornmother! I feel as though I've been through hell for the last week. The only way I can describe it is it's as if I was in Dorothy's house in the Wizard of Oz, when it was picked up by the tornado and thrown through the sky. The wind has almost been like a solid entity, with icy invisible fingers of immense strength, that have reached into every crack and corner of our house, as well as down the chimney. I've felt besieged indoors and the depression I've felt was like a great weight on my shoulders weighing me down. I can't remember when I last felt so low because of the weather and the cold. It's a blessed relief now that the temperature has risen a bit and got back into double figures, plus that howling northeasterly has eased and is set to change to a milder westerly this week.

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Taz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:34 am

kit wrote:Cornmother, Taz and Beantighe - I heard from the organiser of the Dartmouth Festival today. She says you'd have to pay the entrance fee to the Festival (she said it was £5 but I thought it was £6?) but she's okay with you getting into my talk/workshop for free if she has your names in advance. So if you would like to come to it, can you let me know and I'll give her your names. You don't need to decide yet of course. It would still be nice to meet up for a coffee or whatever. Mr B and I may be doing a couple of the workshops ourselves but we haven't decided which ones yet so we can be flexible. Hope this helps - but I understand if you don't want to pay that much to come in, and we'll just get together at some point outside. Can't wait to meet you all! :D

Yep, I'll be there and Adrian will be coming too :wink: .
Looking forward to meeting up :D .
xxx
Taz

Postby Beantighe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:01 pm

Yes, I'll be there all right! It's so lovely to have something really good to look forward to! Can't wait! :D :D :D

love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Beantighe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:02 pm

(deleted repeat)
Last edited by Beantighe on Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beantighe

Postby sea sprite » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:16 pm

I'd love to come and meet you all, but I'd need hubby to drive me there and that would mean bringing Robin and he would get grumpy on the drive... :roll:
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Beantighe » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:24 pm

Just bumping this up, as it's only 2 weeks to go.

Who's coming, what time are we meeting up, and where?
Beantighe

Postby Beantighe » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:55 am

Isn't anybody going to confirm? I'm not intending to go inside, but I was looking forward to meeting up and maybe going for a coffee. If no-one's going to be there, there's not much point in me going either. John would be taking me, so I need to know where those who are coming will be, otherwise I could be drifting around in a place I don't know very well for ages. And it's toooooo cooooold!!
Beantighe

Postby kit » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:11 pm

Sorry Beantighe - will sort this out asap. I'm still coming to do my talk - still want to meet up with you beforehand on the Sunday, and will get back to you and let you know. Looking forward to meeting you (and hopefully Cornmother and Taz too?) very much! xxx
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Beantighe » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:32 pm

Cheers, Kit! Thanks a lot! I was starting to worry.
Beantighe

Postby sea sprite » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:27 pm

I'd like to go, but it's a bit too far as my husband would have to drive me there and that means Robin would have to come and it would be a bit of a long day for him really. I hope that you enjoy it, those of you that are going :D
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby kit » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:33 pm

Right - all sorted now (thanks to Cornmother). Us Stonewylders are meeting up in the foyer of the Flavel Centre in Dartmouth at 2pm on Sunday 7th. We'll go off somewhere for a coffee or tea (or maybe stay in the Centre if the coffee shop's open) and Mr B and I will be free for about an hour or so, before I have to get ready for my talk.

This is at 4.15 in the Flavel Centre at the Dartmouth Festival. If you're a Stonewylde reader you can get to the talk itself for free but will still have to pay the entrance fee into the festival as a whole. However this fee entitles you to entry to the festival for the whole weekend (it starts on Friday) and there are stalls, performances etc as well as workshops.

If you do want to come to my talk you must book it with the organisers in advance. Contact Kerry or Colin on www.dartmouthfestival.com and remember to say you're a friend of mine so will not have to pay the charge for listening to my talk. Nobody can come unless they've pre-booked I'm afraid. However we can all meet up beforehand and this will be much more fun than listening to me droning on. :lol: Hope to see some of you at 2pm - and Cornmother will be there about 15 mins beforehand so look out for her. We all know what she looks like from her avatar!! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Moongoddess » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:37 pm

:( :( :( So wish I could come :( :( :( Hope you all have a good time :D
Moongoddess

Postby Sorcha » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Moongoddess wrote::( :( :( So wish I could come :( :( :( Hope you all have a good time :D

Me too :( :( :( :( :( and I am sure you all have a wonderful time!! Will you tell us about it after you have met!???? :P :P
Sorcha

PreviousNext

Return to News and Events