Swindon Waterstones book signing

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Swindon Waterstones book signing

Postby kit » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:06 pm

Don't know if anyone's noticed it on the main website, but I've been invited back to Waterstones in the Brunel Centre in Swindon for a book signing event. It's on Saturday November 1st from 12 noon for a couple of hours or so, depending on how busy it is.

If anyone's in the area do drop in and say hello! :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Firecracker » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:28 pm

Bit far for me lol.

Do you have any book signings planned at all for further up North..... like in Leeds???? :D
Firecracker

Postby Meryn » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi Kit, That isn't very far from me, so if I am able to come along I will come and say hello! Are you able to sign a copy of Stonewylde that I bring with me or are you only signing books bought in the store on the day? Meryn X
May I live simply that others may simply live.
Meryn

Postby kit » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Firecracker I may be up north next year - can't remember dates or places but I've been booked for a couple of MBS events as a speaker. Will check and let you all know.

Meryn - that would be lovely if you could pop in! I'm very happy to sign your copy of the book - just make sure it's obvious that you've already paid for it rather than picked it up there! Could be embarrassing! :oops: If you've got a T-shirt do wear it and then we can get a photo of us! :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Sujee » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Oh, that is soo close to me but I am on a course that day in Newbury... :cry: :cry: Perhaps you could schmooze Newbury Waterstones as well kit? I would be there like a shot!! In my tee shirt handing out cards and making all my friends come along!!

However, my sister and Mum live nearby to Swindon in Calne and they are both very keen Stonewylde fans so I shall see if they can come along to meet you and get Mum's books Moondance and Solstice signed.

Must keep an eye out for the details or you can PM them to me Kit.

Hurrah!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm

whatever happens don’t have one in Cardiff, I think i maybe banned from there for pestering them so much and accosting customers who happen to be looking at harry potter books, trying to convince them Stonewylde is better (which is difficult when the store don’t have any Stonewylde on the shelves) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Very frustrating :evil:

ps; hiya Sujee :wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby kit » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:45 pm

Shame I won't see you, Sujee, but it'll be lovely to meet them instead. The details are simply that I'll be in Waterstones (the one in the Brunel Shopping Centre) from 12 noon. I'll definitely be there for a couple of hours and will stay longer if it's busy. Hope to see them! :D
kit

Postby Greymalkin » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Any signings in London?
Greymalkin

Postby Felicity » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Or the Midlands?!

Oh Kit what must it be like to have all these fans? ;)
Are we human because we gaze at the stars or do we gaze at them because we are human? And do the stars gaze back - now that's a question!
Felicity

Postby kit » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Sorry - missed some of the comments on this thread. Thank you Carp for your pestering! Frustrating, isn't it? But keep at it please! Greymalkin - none planned at present but will let you know. Did the massive Picadilly Waterstones last year - was stuck up in Children's Dept next to a giant Dalek!! Not the most resounding of successes. Felicity - I'm doing two signings a bit closer to you next year - Newark and Lincoln, at MBS fairs. Will post details nearer the time. One's in Feb and one in May I think.

Thanks everyone for all your support and encouragement xxx
kit

Postby Felicity » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Sat Nav for Yule pressie then!
Are we human because we gaze at the stars or do we gaze at them because we are human? And do the stars gaze back - now that's a question!
Felicity

Return to News and Events