Kit's Blog - thanks to Creature!

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Kit's Blog - thanks to Creature!

Postby kit » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:50 pm

I don't know how many of you read my blog, but I've just put up a new post and would like to thank Creature of this forum, and her husband Brian, for the photo they sent me! Take a look everyone - it's lovely. And they'll both be coming to the Gathering, although I doubt if Hugh will! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Midge » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:06 pm

I read your blog often Kit. I read the article too. Loved the photo.
Midge

Postby Ruby » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:10 pm

OMG it's HUGHHHHHHHH!

I love Hugh, I have most of his DVDs and even featured (my time to boast) in a River Cottage Q+A interview he had as a DVD extra (users of his chat board were asked to send in questions). Yes, I know what you're all thinking - NERD!

I'd love to visit Park Farm and his Axminster shop.

Great post Kit, I do feel your 'tipping point' is imminent, hang in there :D

BB,

Ruby
Ruby

Postby Beantighe » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:30 pm

Kit - you said in your blog that you need endorsement by somebody well-known. What about Terry Pratchett? I believe he lives somewhere in the West Country. He's about one of the most well-known authors today, due to the phenomenal success of his Discworld books, and has recently come even more to the fore since his diagnosis with Alzheimer's and his fight to raise funds for research into it. More to the point, he is also Pagan, and therefore may well have some fellow-feeling for you, and after all that, he just comes across as a thoroughly nice guy! His profile has also been raised a great deal recently through his appearances on television.

I think if you can get in touch with him, there's a good chance he'll help you, and there's your tipping-point!

I do so hope this helps!

Much love and the very best of luck,

Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Leanne » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:03 pm

you can contact Terry via the discworld- dedicated shop 'the cunning artificer' in wincanton, somerset. not sure if he would be able to help though, I think his cup is probably running over now?
Leanne

Postby Beantighe » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:48 pm

Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained, eh? You never know, it's always worth a try! It ain't over till the fat lady sings - I'm keeping my mouth shut! :lol: :lol:

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby solsticedreamer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:38 pm

what a great photo :D

i love hugh heaps!

and those t-shirts look amazing!
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby creature » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Yay!

It was very windy when the photo was taken hence me looking rather odd.

I made a bit of a fool of myself by telling Hugh that we loved him and that we had all his DVDs. I was a jibbering wreck.

It was a good day out. I would recommend going to his website for yummy offerings.

We watched a demo in the kitchen with fish being chopped up. Alas we were on the front row and hubby Brian got splatted with fish guts, all over his new coat. Hilarious!

Love Bekki
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :lol:
love and light and magic
creature

Postby kit » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Good idea, Beantighe, and thanks for the contact place Leanne. I'll give it a try - you never know. Although poor man - don't know what state he's in at the moment. Thanks! And poor Brian, Creature! I bet he smelled awful! :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Beantighe » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:43 pm

I saw Terry recently on BBC Breakfast. He's still the same old irrascible character, and parts of his brain are still as sharp as a pin. The main difficulty he finds, he said, is that he has forgotten how to type. He forgets where the letters are. He is still writing Discworld stories, but now he has to dictate them. He's a lovely man, and he's using his fame to promote awareness of Alzheimer's, and has put £500,000 of his own money into research into a cure or a treatment for this horrible condition. In typical Terry fashion, and with an undimmed sense of humour, he calls his illness 'an embuggerance'! Bless him for the amusement and entertainment he has brought, and still is doing, to so many.

And even if he isn't able to help you Kit, he may be able to suggest someone who can. I'm sure he has lots of contacts. Don't give up just yet!
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:21 pm

I like that - 'an embuggerance'! :lol:

Sums it up very well - good for him to turn it into something we can chuckle at. Still, he is doing some very good work atm, it is just a shame that such a spokesman is also a sufferer. Although, having said that at least more folk are taking notice now.
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:38 pm

It's just that I've got a very strong feeling in me bones that Terry will help Kit if he can. I certainly don't believe he'll turn her down flat. After all, he had to start somewhere, didn't he? I just thought someone like Terry would have a lot of empathy for a brilliant writer like Kit, who's not only produced one of the best series of books I've ever read (and this is endorsed by her growing army of fans, which is spreading worldwide) but also a fellow Pagan. I feel absolutely certain he'll be able to help in some way or other.

Keeping everything crossed,

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:40 pm

Hear hear Beantighe! Let's hope that he gets to read the book and will say good things about it... [smilie=msn_fingerscrossed.gif]
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:31 pm

He will if Kit sends him a copy! :twisted: How could he resist? :D
Beantighe

Postby kit » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:40 pm

I've found the address of the shop in Wincanton and the names of the people who run it. I'll post a copy of Magus to them next week and ask if they'll forward it to him. I think that's about the closest I can get unless someone actually has his home address! So fingers crossed and I'll keep you informed of any progress. And thanks! :D
kit

Next

Return to News and Events