Book Rabbit

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Book Rabbit

Postby Daffodil » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:25 pm

Hello, I came across this website in a computer magazine and wondered if anyone had heard of it?

It's called www.bookrabbit.com and I think it is like a combination of a book club and a social networking site.

I am going to register and add the Stonewylde series, who knows, it might help spread the world of Stonewylde just that little bit further :D

Just wondered if anyone else had used it?
Daffodil

Postby Sujee » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:34 pm

Never heard of it before Daffodil. Sorry...

Let us know how you get on..... :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Daffodil » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:38 pm

It seems quite good. I registered and added the stonewylde books to my profile. There is an option to write reviews but I didn't have enough time today so I will try again another time.

You can upload a picture of your bookshelf and then add details of what you are reading. Then the social networking bit comes in. For example, on my bookshelf there are books by Kit, Terry Pratchet, Ben Elton and a few others. Anyone else who has Terry Pratchett on their bookshelf will be able to link to my shelf and see what other books on are on there.

The idea is that other like minded souls who enjoy similar books might find Kit's books and give them a try.

I hope this is making sense. It is still new to me but have a look here http://www.bookrabbit.com/catalogue/boo ... id/1205618 and see what you think. If we all added our bookshelves and spread the word a bit, you never know, it might help raise the profile of Stonewylde.

It is also a good way to find other books we might like. I am a total bookworm and always looking for new reads.

Daffodil

Postby Kas » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi Daffodil, I just had a look at your shelf. I have 5 out of the ones in your pic. The first 3 are pretty obvious, and I have Russell Brand's My Booky Wook and I'm reading Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything at the moment. We have the discworld books by Terry Pratchett. I've never heard of it before, but it looks really good. If I ever get time, I may put mine up :)
Kas

Postby Sujee » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:21 pm

So, that is not actually a picture of your books then? Do you select them and the system builds your bookshelf picture? I am absolutely useless at things like that so sorry if this is a nonsense question!!

BTW I have all those books except My BookyWook and I only have two Pratchet books cos I borrow my sister's!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Daffodil » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:18 pm

No, you actually post a picture of your own bookshelf. I just piled up my Stonewylde books and added a few others that were recent reads and still kicking around in my bedroom, but lots of people add their whole bookshelf. I think I will at a later date because the more books you have in your profile the more matches you will make with other poeple reading the same things and therefore the more people will be introduced to Stonewylde.

I have already had one reply from someone I shared books with and he said he is going to put Stonewylde on his wish list.

Here's is my bookshelf I have on the site. It's not a brilliant pic, but I took it quick on my phone just so I could get it on there.

Anyone else reading the same books as me will have a link to my bookshelf and they will be able to the Stonewylde books and hopefully be interested.

I am probably making it sound more complicated than it actually is. Probably best if you go and have a look at the website. You don't have to share personal info like on facebook etc. I just use the name Daffodil and leave it at that.
Daffodil

Postby Witchypoo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:00 pm

I joined a while ago, but totally failed at the bookcase bit. :oops: I'm just not very good at tech stuff.
Not been on it for a while, I'm not even sure I can remember my sign in details. :oops:

Okay, I've just been back to Bookrabbit and checked out the thread on the Sony ebook readers. I've never read so many people foaming at the mouth about technology! :lol: And I still fail at the bookcase thingy. :oops:
Witchypoo

Postby Daffodil » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:49 am

Hello, which part of the bookcase thingy are you having trouble with witchypoo? Maybe I could help?

Is the the uploading bit or not knowing where to put it on the bookrabbit website that is causing you the problems?

Not sure if I will know the answer, but will try and hekp if I can :D
Daffodil

Postby Witchypoo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:06 am

Thanks Daffodil, I can add my pic in the right place, its the drawing round certain books that I fail at. I've tried and tried, following the instructions, but it never works for me.
Witchypoo

Postby MouseDemon » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Think I have just sent you a friends request on Bookrabbit.

MD
What other people think of you is actually none of your business...
MouseDemon

Postby Daffodil » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:12 am

Witchypoo wrote:Thanks Daffodil, I can add my pic in the right place, its the drawing round certain books that I fail at. I've tried and tried, following the instructions, but it never works for me.

Hello, sorry I didn't reply sooner, I only just saw your post today. Once you have uploaded a picture of your bookcase you need to click on 'edit bookshelf'. Once you have done this you will be able to select your books. When you hover the mouse over a book it will automatically select that book by putting a square around it. Click it and then add the details for that book.

I hope you manage to do it. Post again if still having trouble and I will try and help if I can. :D
Daffodil

Return to News and Events