Helix tree Cards

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Helix tree Cards

Postby Helixtree » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:25 pm

Hello all, just to let you all know my "Stonewylde Collection" of greetings cards go to print 9:30 tomorrow morning ! A very exciting and nerve wracking time for me! I have always wanted to have some of my work turned into cards and at last that day has come :lol:

I have designed a range of six cards inspired by Kits books and i would just like to say a big thank you to Kit for first of all encouraging me to take this big step and secondly MrB thanks for all your hard work on my website ! ! and thanks for "rooting"for me ! :twisted:

I will update you all soon. . . . . . . .
[smilie=msn_bat.gif]
Helixtree

Postby Ebany » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:37 pm

super!! do let us know as soon as they are available - we all know how good your work is, so I'm sure you'll sell out really quickly!!! :) :)
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Leanne » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:45 pm

how exciting! what a talented family you belong to, by the way! i loved the other drawings weve seen, i'd be interested in these too!
Leanne

Postby kit » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: At last she's posted!!! My sister is a very reluctant user of computers and finds this all quite daunting. But she's been to stay with me this weekend and I told her just how wonderful the Internet is and how vital it is that she gets to grips with using computers. She's now hoping for a laptop for Christmas (NB Helixroot!!).

I would like to say that she brought the proofs of her initial collection of greetings cards to show me. They're entitled "The Stonewylde Collection" with due acknowledgement to Stonewylde for their inspiration and with my blessing for using the name Stonewylde. I can tell you all that they are ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!! Truly beautiful and magical and I promise that you will all love them. Even though she's my sister, I wouldn't endorse them like this if I wasn't so completely bowled over myself.

As she says, the cards are being printed tomorrow complete with "flitter", a type of light glitter, in crucial places. Mr B is now, as I type, working hard on creating a basic website for her so that people can order the cards soon. I'll be putting full details of this on the Samhain newsletter which goes out next week, although the website, ordering system and cards won't be ready until the following week I think - first week in November.

She's promised to send me a set just as soon as they're printed and I really can't wait. I'm so very proud of her and know she's destined for great things with her art. Congratulations Helixtree on your amazing creations. You are truly blessed with talent and I'm proud you're my sister. :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Sorcha » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:54 pm

What a great news Helixroot!! I wish you lots of success!! As soon as they are out I will order!!! Can't wait, I'm sure they are super!!!! :P :P :P
Sorcha

Postby Moongoddess » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:56 pm

How Wonderful Helixtree, you must be SO excited. Can't wait to see them :D
Moongoddess

Postby Sujee » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Ooh! I can't wait now....!!! I shall look out for the newsletter very eagerly! :D Well done Helixtree xxx
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:03 am

oh helixtree that is so wonderful...congratulations! :)

i cant wait to see them and get my hands on some too :D
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Daffodil » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:45 am

Sounds really exciting, I'm looking forward to seeing them too!
Well done Helixtree :P
Daffodil

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:12 pm

fantastic Helixtree - can't wait to see them - you're bound to sell out - keep em rolling!! :wink:
where the willow weeps tears of diamond
and the oak bleeds pearls of dew
I have often dreamed there....
have you?

http://wherethewildrosesgrow.co.uk
wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby Brooke » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:51 pm

Congratulations!

I can't wait to see them!!

xx
Brooke

At the printers ! ! !

Postby Helixtree » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Thank you all for your encouragement, you are all so supportive and you haven't even seen the cards yet !

Anyway I went to the printers this morning and below is a picture of me with Chris the Printer and the first cards hot off the press ! He and the team worked very hard to get the colours just right and I have to say that they have done a fantastic job.

[img][img]http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/helixtree/COPY2.jpg[/img][/img]

Now I suppose if you are really eagle eyed :shock: and I know that some of you are CM ! you will get a rough idea of the six designs, as they are all still on one large piece of card here.

Here they are again, you can see the sheets piling up at the end of the big scary printing machine ! ! :twisted:
:twisted: [img][img]http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp210/helixtree/DSCF0137-Copy.jpg[/img][/img]

So all being well in about a week or so I should have them back all finished off nicely with added glitter and ready to go.

[smilie=eusa_dance.gif] [smilie=eusa_dance.gif] [smilie=eusa_dance.gif]
Helixtree

Postby cornmother » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:30 pm

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby kit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:36 pm

Whoo hoo! 8) Fantastic - lovely photos! Where were Root and the Twiglets lurking? Well done! I'm so excited about this! :D :D :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Helixroot » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Thank you Kit ! !

Root was being useful ( as ever ) and taking the photo's, as for the twiglets . . . . . . for once they were being good and waiting quietly ! !

I think that they were tired after visiting Auntie Kit . . . . . . . . . 8)
Helixroot

Next

Return to News and Events