News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Postby Taz » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:56 pm

:D :D :D
Sounds good to me..........!
Taz

Postby Ebany » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:45 am

Hi Kit,
just a thought - I think I'm the only one on the forum at the moment resident in the Netherlands. We have our annual PFI conference in May, our attendance is about 200. The biggest esotoric bookshop in the Netherlands also has a stall there so maybe it would be a good idea to contact them. I am completely fluent in Dutch and would be happy to act as a go between.
If the t-shirt thing happens before then, I'll wear one in the hope that it arouses further interest.
Almost everybody over here speaks really good English, but if you want to translate any promo stuff I'll be happy to help.
B*B
Ebâny
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Greenwithin » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi kit
your gonna get real sick of me lol :D but ive been thinking and a lot of major companies are being rather sly on the note of completely free advertising! Companies like Pepsi and even themeparks are using youtube.com to advertise they are making adverts and posting them on youtube and other social networking sites. So me and my marketing brain (hey glad I went to uni for something :lol: )were thinking maybe you could do a video blog and post it on youtube and/or set yourself up on a few networking sites such as face book bebo etc with links to this as your main site. If a regular vidoe blog would be too much ( I know how limited your time is at the mo :D ) you could put together a video of some of the settings you have used for the photos on here and maybe the dorset countryside or sacred spaces and put links at the end of the video for the site or blurbs of the books reviews etc. i have an over active imagination and too much time on my hands lol
Greenwithin

Postby Sujee » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Fab idea, Grfeenwithin. Kit does have a facebook group Stonewylde Appreciation I think although I would have to check, but if you search on Stonewylde you will find it.
You tube good idea as I think you can choose several genres for your clip to be listed under but I am no expert!!
Watch this space then eh?
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

myspace

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:06 pm

Carprimulgidae

Postby kit » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:19 pm

Sorry I haven't been responding to all these brilliant suggestions lately. I've been so bogged down with everything, and am becoming desperate to get on with writing again too, which hasn't happened yet due to everything else :oops: But it will soon. I'm going to go away somewhere and shut myself away from all the distractions. But how will I survive without Mr B? That's the dilemma, but one which has to be faced. I'm so pleased I created Stonewylde before I met him!

Anyway, the U Tube thing sounds a good idea - what should I do for it? Actually I'm speaking at Reading University this Saturday so maybe I could get someone to video a bit of it? Not sure about that. Do let me know your ideas for a video. I really like the thought of that - although I don't want it to necessarily be me in it. Maybe some Dorset with a voice-over?

As for the get-together - I just don't know what to do about this. I love the idea of all meeting up (like the Stonewylde Festival idea we've all talked about before). But logistically it would be so hard, because we're very far-flung aren't we? I always go to Avebury for Beltane, and if anyone else is around it would be so good to meet. But very hard to organise. I'm still thinking on this one, so again, do let me know any ideas.

On the Pagan Federation thread, I see that a lot of you are going to different events (Ebany I'm going to PM you in a minute I promise!). If anyone would like any of the Stonewylde promotion cards to take with them and pass around, or leave lying somewhere, then do let me know. If you PM me with your address, I'll send you some. Thank you! I was told the other day that at several moots recently there have been discussions about Stonewylde, which is wonderful. I'm always up for speaking engagements (actually they terrify me but after this Saturday I may have more courage, unless it's a disaster of course :shock: ) so if anyone sees any opportunities, do let me know.

And the good news is ... I'm getting on with the T shirts and will keep you all posted on these. When they're done, which won't be for about a month I think, I'll put them on the website, but will somehow arrange for forum members to get some discount. In gratitude for your loyalty and loveliness! More about the T shirts as soon as I know more!

Please keep the ideas coming - thank you everyone! And if I seem to have ignored an idea, please remind me because I'm running around in headless chicken mode at the moment and need prompting! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Lirazel » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:58 pm

Hi Kit

Wondered how things went at Reading University last Saturday? I'm sure they will have loved hearing about Stonewylde!
X
Seek, find, know...
Walk the way which lies between the worlds...
Lirazel

Postby Beantighe » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:11 pm

Kit, while I remember - Mercury Rising were at the Devon & Cornwall Conference, and they had all three Stonewylde books on their stall. When I last looked at the end of the day, all three had gone! Just thought you'd like to know.

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Ebany » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:28 pm

Hi Kit,
Like Lirazel (and probably everybody else) I was wondering how your talk went at Reading Uni. Hopefully well!
Just a thought to add to those we've talked about with regards to promotion over here in the Netherlands - why not come over (this year, next year, whenever) for a weekend in May and attend the PFI conference? I know the organisers very well and would be happy to introduce you. there are always quite a few guests from England + America and their workshops are usually among the most popular of the whole Saturday. This year is probably not so very practical because you are so busy, but maybe next year might be an option?
Whatever, if you like the idea, I'll see what I can do.
B*B
Ebâny
Ebany

Postby kit » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:33 am

Thanks for the info, Beantighe. Good to know they sold some copies! I met Mercury Rising last summer when I went for a signing at their stall at a Health and Harmony event. They were such nice people, and great Stonewylde fans themselves. In fact I think Debbie is a member of this forum, although she hasn't posted for ages.

And thanks Lirazel and Ebany for asking about Saturday. It went really well, and I've written about it on my blog so do check it out. I bet you've all given up looking at my blog, but actually I've been quite good lately! In fact that's how Pixiedust and I hooked up as she left a comment on it. I've got a WI speaking engagement next week - the first of a few WI bookings, so fingers crossed for that.

Ebany - that's a great idea. Next year perhaps? Could you speak to the organisers this year maybe and see if they'd like to have me as a speaker? I've sent you some more promo cards in with your book order, so maybe you could give them one? Ask them to contact me maybe?Thanks very much. And I've been e mailing some of those contacts you sent me, although haven't heard anything back yet. We're going to call into the American Book Centre in Amsterdam this weekend. In case anyone's wondering, I'm not going there specially for that - it's Mr B's birthday on Saturday and we're going for a long weekend as a treat (courtesy of air-miles!).

If anyone wants any more cards to dish out, please pm me or e mail me with your address, even if I've sent you some before. I can never find addresses in my mountain of e mails and have never been organised enough to add them to an address book. Oh for a PA!! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Ebany » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:44 am

Okay Kit, I'll get onto that. Do enjoy Amsterdam - there's some really good things there. If you've not been before, do take one of the boat trips - very touristy, but fun and they do take the trouble to speak in your language. Oh, and Happy Birthday Mister B!!!
B*B
Ebâny
Ebany

Postby Pixiedust » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:31 pm

Just posted three glowing 5 star reviews on Amazon for you Kit. Posting as Mrs Norris.
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby Beantighe » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:43 pm

OOOOooooh! :shock: NOT Mr Fitch's cat! (oops! wrong books, lol! :oops: :wink: )

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Pixiedust » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:48 pm

I'm afraid so I'm also potty about Potter, as well as being spellbound with stonewylde. xx :lol:
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:25 pm

Pixiedust wrote:I'm afraid so I'm also potty about Potter, as well as being spellbound with stonewylde. xx :lol:

me too :lol:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

PreviousNext

Return to News and Events