Promoting the Stonewylde Series

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:04 pm

I got the potter books but so far havent started one :oops:
just never seem to find the time which is odd because I took to Stonewylde from the very begining or did it take to me :?:

I can only get into a book if I am interested and some how I just cant start on HP :roll: maybe one day

Tolkiens books I was into from the start although I have yet to finish LOTR but can pick up almost where I left off and will do when the time is right.

(the more plans you make, the less you do)
Carprimulgidae

Postby Firecracker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Big shock here, I haven't read any Harry Potter, any Tolkein or any Terry Pratchett!!!!

I keep meaning to but never get round to it, am reading Magus for the second time right now lol.
Firecracker

Postby Milly » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Sorry if this has already been said but at a farmers market I go to every month a local author is their selling and signing his books. If there is one near you why not give it a try? Just a thought anyway.
Raise money for your favorite charity by searching at www.everyclick.com
Milly

Postby Esmee » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:11 am

Hi, I'm a bookseller at a branch of Waterstones in Essex so, through cunning means, am able to order books in to my heart's content. Needless to say I'll be ordering Stonewylde ;) I'll also be able to place it face out on the shelf with a review card and there's even a chance it will end up front of store for a while as our branch has a "staff recommends" section. I'll PM you for some promo cards if that's ok ;)
Esmee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:55 am

Hi Esmee
welcome to our world, hope you enjoy the books as much as we do, your in a great Position i wish everyone i seen was as positive as you. most branches i been into either only stock one (this could be anyone, no pattern here) or have none but do say they will get them in.

Have you filled in the polls, have a look when you have time.
:wink:
Carprimulgidae

Postby Leanne » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:05 am

Esmee- welcome! how fab you work in waterstones and can 'work the system' !! well done! the more publicity the books receive the better- when sales go up, Kit can publish book four , so we all benefit!! :lol:
Leanne

Postby Pixiedust » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:40 am

Brilliant Esmee, all that extra publicity. Is Stonewylde in the teenage section in your Waterstones? As if you take a look at the age poll on the forum, its actually the adults who its really popular with. x
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby Esmee » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:31 am

I can't remember, when I ordered it, what section our computer said it should go in. However, I'll be slipping a copy into our section on Paganism, there'll probably be one in fantasy and front of store in the reviews section. I wouldn't be surprised if it had been classified as teenage fiction as the story revolves around the lives of two teenagers. *sigh* this is normally the case. I'll do what I can though :) Maybe I can convince people it belongs in fiction...
Esmee

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:08 pm

well done esmee!!!

at our waterstones in dorchester a while ago swampy (my OH also a fan and registered here...not that you would notice :shock: ) stonewylde was 'displayed' in a small out of the way corner :(
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby swampy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:15 pm

Hiya Esmee tis I the elusive swampy!! :lol:

Yep Waterstones in Dorchester had it stuffed behind some other books in a dark and dingy corner :x I'll have a look abd see where they are on weds and if they are in the same place I'll move em!! :P

Keith
Old Guys Rule!
swampy

promoting the Stonewylde series

Postby wendy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Well done Esmee. Good idea getting the Stonewylde series in an adult section as it is quite plain from the forum that that is where it belongs and is appreciated. Will be checking my Waterstones asap. wendy
wendy

Postby Leanne » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:47 pm

swampy wrote: I'll have a look abd see where they are on weds and if they are in the same place I'll move em!! :P

Keith

tjhat made me smile, i do that too!! :lol:
Leanne

Postby iWitch » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:08 pm

Okay, I've just been over to Google Books only to discover that Magus has only three reviews, Moondance has none, and Solstice has one.

Come on, Stonewylde fans, get writing those review and posting them everywhere, please!

Librarything only had three review for Magus and one each for Moondance and Solstice, though the one for Moondance was not finished.

Waterstones also had very few customer reviews, and some not-so-nice ones from store employees.

Magus had a single review at WHSmith's website.

So, come on one and all - let's plug these books. The more that sell, the closer we get to printing Book 4!
iWitch

Postby kit » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:41 pm

There's a bookshop in Wood Green, London called the Big Green Bookshop, opened by two redundant Waterstones staff when their branch was shut down. It seems to be a pretty proactive shop and today I received a message via Facebook which said:

We'd like you to tell us what book you'd like for christmas.
We're going to be making little cards to put on the shelves with our customers' and friends' choices of books they'd like. Do you think you could send me a message, saying what book you'd like and why (no more than 50 words).

If you'd like to e-mail Simon Key, the boss, and suggest he stocks Stonewylde, I'd be very grateful indeed. It all helps! Thanks folks!

Email: enquiries@biggreenbookshop.com
and maybe head it "My book choice for Christmas" Thank you :D
Last edited by kit on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Sujee » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:46 pm

Will copy and paste the email address (don't have outlook express in use) and will email him! What a great idea that is.

Thank you for the cards, they arrived this morning Kit, although the envelope was about an inch from ripping open! Thankfully, I have a careful postman who is an absolute darling so he was careful with it. phew! they could have been sweepings on the sorting room floor otherwise :oops:
Just edited - have sent my email and got a bit in about book 4 next summer too!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

PreviousNext

Return to News and Events