Here it is - FoEM's 24 minute video interview with Kit! LIVE

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Postby kit » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:05 pm

Beantighe that's a really lovely idea, and thanks so much for offering your services (and everyone else's!!).

Unfortunately the cost isn't really the reader. Well, it would be if you had someone like Stephen Fry or whoever. I thought I could do it myself (having been a school teacher with lots of experience at reading books aloud) and they factored this into the quotes I got.

The main expense is studio time, because it has to be professional quality, with the right equipment, technicians, etc. It takes many hours to record a book, even an abridged version. The cost really is astronomical, and then they edit, put it onto discs (or whatever) and do other technical stuff which I can't remember off the top of my head, and so there's post-production costs too. Then of course it has to be mass-produced, with a suitable case and artwork. It ran to thousands, and we decided it wasn't the right time to be even thinking of that when the books are still struggling to be known. There's also then the added thing of distribution and promotion, just as with the books - actually persuading shops to stock the audio version. And now there are downloadables and all that - I just realised it was all too much at this point to be worrying over.

But if and when we do make an audio version, I shall certainly remember my troupe of Stonewylders ready to provide voices, sound effects, etc! And thanks for such a lovely idea! :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:56 pm

Beantighe wrote:Carp - did you notice your hilarious typo of your name? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Ebany - I should think it would be free air time if you were skinny dipping in just a T-shirt - especially around the nether regions!! :twisted: :twisted:

What typo error :P and only 9.46 pm too so cant blame it on being up late. Just a bad day :roll:
:wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:57 pm

Your post at 9.46 - you said Crap instead of Carp!! :lol: :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (i know)

Carprimulgidae

Postby Greymalkin » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:38 pm

Kit, how about making it into a podcast? You'll only need to pay out for the studio time and then the whole thing is loaded onto the internet then people have to pay to download it.

Might be an idea.
Greymalkin

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:36 am

if your thinking of podcast it would be better up loading onto youtube all for free :idea: Kit needs every penny to get the next book out and I cant see many people wanting to pay out on a podcast. saying that, every podcast i seen have been free. maybe it is just me as i would pay to look at one when there is so much out there free.

just my own view, other may look at it another way of course.

Carprimulgidae

Postby faery » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:31 am

Beantighe.....Brill idea, I love audio books and generally have one on the go while I'm at work. Couldn't volunteer my services as a reader though, terrible Wolverhampton accent :oops: :lol:
The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon...but it's echo lasts a great deal longer...
faery

Postby kit » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:28 am

Yes GM - I think a podcast's a good idea. But really the bulk of the cost seemed to be hiring a studio and the sound technician, and then the editing side afterwards. I can't remember how many hours it was of studio time but something like 10 or so. So even if it were only available as a downloadable (in whatever format) those production costs would remain the same. Still out of our league for now I'm afraid. :(
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Beantighe » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:45 pm

Aww, (((((hugs))))) Kit!! Still, it was worth a try! I really must lay off the WD40 - sends my brain into overdrive! :lol: :lol:
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:04 pm

finally got round to sitting in peace (Ahhhhhhhhh!) to watch the interview in full~kit you came across so well and it was so exciting to sit and watch you talking all about our beloved stonewylde :D
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby swampy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:00 pm

Great interveiw Kit :D:D:D:D
Old Guys Rule!
swampy

Previous

Return to News and Events