Here it is - FoEM's 24 minute video interview with Kit! LIVE

Postby segundus » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:47 am

Part One:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hyiE7uf7kfc

Part Two:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXz8QLjoVc

Part Three:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JenD89Qk_To

A single full high quality version is on it's way in a few weeks time. Details to be announced when it's ready. I'm really, really pleased with the way this has turned out and I'd like to thank Kit for being a wonderful host and patient interviewee as we shot the video.

I'm also available for weddings, bar mitzvahs, etc. ;) Just kidding, of course. :)
Editor, The Friends of English Magic
http://www.foem.org.uk
Personal ramblings:
http://www.drake.org.uk
segundus

Postby Sorcha » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Just forwarded it to the people in New York, the ones I handed the promotional cards to!!! Hope it will help to get more readers from the over the ocean!! :wink:
Sorcha

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:50 pm

:D :D :D great interview :D :D :D you look very relaxed and lovely Kit!!
and congrats to segundus :D
where the willow weeps tears of diamond
and the oak bleeds pearls of dew
I have often dreamed there....
have you?

http://wherethewildrosesgrow.co.uk
wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby Sujee » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Argh! I cannot watch this until I am home from work and I am out tonight! :evil: Will try to watch it before I go out or tomorrow.....
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby cornmother » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:15 pm

Fandabbydozy! (Oh dear, that dates me, doesn't it!!)

A brilliant interview, a good set of questions, a relaxed Kit and obviously a very good interviewer. Thanks, Segundus!

CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby kit » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments (I can't tell you what a weird thing it is to watch yourself like this - very different to natural home-movie type stuff). And I'd also like to make a public thank you to the wonderful Segundus. He went to so much trouble to arrange this, not least getting hold of the equipment and then lugging it all to Reading (he doesn't have a car so this was quite a mean feat).

He'd spent time preparing questions (aided and abetted by you lot of course!) and went about the whole thing in a really professional manner, ensuring the lighting, sound etc was just right. And then the editing - I know just how long that bit can take, and the end product makes it all look simple when it can have taken hours to sort out.

Thank you so much, Segundus, for all your time, effort and professionalism. And for taking the interest in Stonewylde in the first place. I'll make you a cheese and pickle sandwich any time!! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Ebany » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Wow!! Kit, that really is very good! Well done you and well done Segundus!!
You managed to explain things beautifully without giving too much away - must have been difficult treading such a fine line!!!
You also got in several plugs for all your loyal supporters and forum members - you are a lovely lady and we are delighted to all do our little bit to help!!!!! :D :D :D
You also have an excellent speaking voice, fairly low pitched, well modulated, a pleasure to listen to!! I'm so looking forward to you coming over here to speak, you will be wonderful!!! :D :D :D
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Sujee » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:36 pm

All I can say is WELL DONE SEGUNDUS!! that was a really really good interview - well shot and well edited. [smilie=eusa_clap.gif]

Thank you so much for doing that for Kit. :D

Kit, you were great - were you very nervous before it began?
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Kit
You looked so relaxed doing that your a born natural for TV and I am just waiting for the day your up there with the other top authors like jkr.. it will come just you see & remember crap said it on here :wink:

I went to see the recording of Barry Welsh once at HTV studios and the camera came on me..... I just froze & didnt blink for what seemed an hour :?
No not for me but your a natural :wink:

ps; of course our Ebany may beat you to it if they film h im skinny dipping in a green t-shirt, a good way to get free air time :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Ebany » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Carp, if I'm wearing my green t-shirt then I'm not really skinny dipping cos I'm wearing something!!!! :P :P :P
Ebany

Postby Sorcha » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:11 pm

Ebany wrote:Carp, if I'm wearing my green t-shirt then I'm not really skinny dipping cos I'm wearing something!!!! :P :P :P

Reminds me a bit of little kids playing in paddling pools, just wearing a t-shirt! Just have this hilarious picture in my mind now of Ebany playing in a paddling pool!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :wink:
Sorcha

Postby Ebany » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Oh dear - just wait till the rest log in later - you've started something now!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ebany

Postby Sorcha » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:24 pm

Ebany wrote:Oh dear - just wait till the rest log in later - you've started something now!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carp started it.... and then you fed it and my imagine did the rest, so I am not to blame this time!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :wink:
Sorcha

Postby Beantighe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:35 pm

Carp - did you notice your hilarious typo of your name? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Ebany - I should think it would be free air time if you were skinny dipping in just a T-shirt - especially around the nether regions!! :twisted: :twisted:
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Beantighe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:49 pm

Kit - I just thought of something. In your interview you were asked about audio books and you said it was very expensive to produce them.

Years ago I was a member of a Pantomime Society, and took part in several pantomimes, which I absolutely adored, so I have a little experience of acting. If it's of any help to you, I would be only too delighted to offer my services as an audio book reader. I'm told I have a good speaking voice, and an audio reader needs to be able to 'act' the story by voice only. I am sure I could do this. If any other Stonewylders would like to join me, maybe we could help you expand your army of fans by taking the Stonewylde legend to those who are unable to read print. It would save you a lot of money, and give me at least a lot of pleasure too.

I must admit I don't know anything about how to start the process of making audio books, but I know one has to start somewhere. There could be auditions, of course. I'm sure you won't need professional book-readers, when you've got us! How about it?

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Next

Return to News and Events