Media opportunities for Stonewylde

News, announcements and events about Stonewylde

Moderator: mrb

Media opportunities for Stonewylde

Postby kit » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:24 am

I wanted to let everyone know what's happening on the media front. The Winter Solstice newsletter will be going out in a couple of weeks but there isn't always enough room there.

I'm featured in the latest Christmas Special edition of a magazine called Yours. This is a lifestyle mag for the "older woman", and probably not something read by many members of this forum!! But you may like to check out the article, if only for a laugh at the "before" photo of me. :oops: The things I do for publicity!

There's a feature in Book Time - a freebie magazine carried in independent bookshops and published by Bertrams, one of my distributors. They've done it really well and it's very eye-catching. :o The front cover of the mag features The Golden Compass so it's likely to be picked up by lots of people.

I've been interviewed for a feature in Imbolc's edition of Pagan Dawn. I haven't seen the article yet, but the new editor has enjoyed Stonewylde herself and is very sympathetic to the cause. She seems a really nice woman (met her at the Halloween Festival in London in October) and it's great that she's taken to Stonewylde and asked to do this feature.

In March I'm one of the speakers at a day conference for women writers at Reading University, and running a workshop there. I'm really looking forward to this! :P

I have three bookings so far for 2008 to speak at WI meetings - gulp!! :? Not sure what they'll make of me or the books, but you never know.

There was meant to be a little article in the latest edition of Dolmen Grove (a small pagan publication from Dorchester) so I hope this happened - I haven't seen it yet. And Jerry Bird was going to do a review of Solstice in Merry Meet too.

If anyone has ideas for media opportunities, please let me know! We need a big national breakthrough - TV, papers or mags. The Yours feature was the first step towards this - let's hope it helps! :D
Last edited by kit on Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

In reply to Yours Magazine!

Postby Earthwind » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:33 pm

Quote:
I'm featured in the latest Christmas Special edition of a magazine called Yours. This is a lifestyle mag for the "older woman", and probably not something read by any members of this forum!!

And that is precisely why I have joined this forum and bought your books because I read about you in Yours :!:

Now you see that you have another fan - an older lady of 63 who absolutely believes 100% in spiritual things. :shock:

Not only that but I am also a Medium/Psychic and Clairvoyant and a published author as well - but not about Pagan things I hasten to add 8)

Who knows just how many more fans the Yours Magazine will bring you :?:

And seeing as I have just ordered and paid for all three of your books online via PayPal, I would really like you to sign them for me :lol:

I did put that in the PayPal message box :)
A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.
Love and Hugs from Earthwind (aka Jan)
Earthwind

Postby kit » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:41 pm

Wow!! Welcome to the forum, Earthwind! How wonderful - I honestly didn't think the Yours article would bring any new readers to Stonewylde - fantastic!! And don't worry, you're not alone in being an older reader - take a look at the poll! And I know of several readers in their eighties, although they're not members of the forum so can't register on the poll unfortunately. You sound like a very interesting lady, and I look forward to reading lots of your posts! I shall now go and check my e mail for that order and sign the books with pleasure. Welcome to Stonewylde! :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Thank you!

Postby Earthwind » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:05 pm

What a brilliant reply :D

I am so looking forward to reading your books. I have read since the age of 4 and still enjoy books - they are my life and sometimes my escapism.

I have never read any books about magic, myths, legends until I stumbled across Trudi Canavan's The Black Magician Trilogy which left me spellbound.

The next ones I read were Norah Roberts Circle Trilogy and at the moment am on Linda Winstead's Sun Witch, Moon Witch and Star Witch.

All of these are completely alien to me having been into such authors as Catherine Cookson, Josephine Cox, Lesley Pearse and others.

But I have to admit that I love them - and am so looking forward to this Christmas present treat to myself.

Wonderful and I will of course let you know how I find them but was immediately drawn to them - so that is a good thing in itself and how I started off with Trudi Canavan and Nora Roberts. :P
A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.
Love and Hugs from Earthwind (aka Jan)
Earthwind

Postby Leanne » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:05 am

the three stonewylde books are fantastic- Ive just read all three again (second time) and was just as gripped as I was the first time. what a lovely christmas treat for yourself Earthwind!!
Leanne

Desert island books

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:37 am

I just finished my books and will be starting again, there is somthing special about they way Kit writes and has a style of her own, personaly for me there are only three authors that has me going back for more. Tolkien-A C Doyle & Kit.

Of course other people will have their own opinion and fav authors but to leave an impression with me they have to be good. Definitely a must if your cast away on a desert island :arrow: along with laptop-mobile phone to access the forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carprimulgidae

Postby Beantighe » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:42 pm

Kit, have you thought about local radio? Radio Devon is great, and so are the presenters. They often have book and new record reviews, and an album of the week on the morning show, hosted by Judi Spiers, who also does a daily (I think) interview spot with all sorts of people, both internationally known and local. I can't think of a better way to let a whole county know about Stonewylde! I know this works, because I bought a CD album as a direct result of having heard it on Radio Devon. It was a super album, by a girl I'd never heard of before, and never would have if it hadn't been for local radio. It's worth a try!

Come to think of it, if you can send me some of your fliers, I'll send one in to Judi and see if she'll read it out!

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Taz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:37 am

:D
Have you been approaced to do anything with Pentacle magazine yet or have I missed seeing it :lol: ? If not can we mention it on their forum or contact Jon, the editor?
BB
Sarah
Taz

Postby kit » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:02 am

Beantighe - good idea! I'll be in touch with you about this radio idea, and also the other offer of help you posted on another thread (so many posts nowadays I can't keep up!! I just LOVE the way the Stonewylde forum has developed - just what I'd always hoped for!)

Taz - I'd love a feature in Pentacle, like the one in Pagan Dawn. Jon approached me at the Halloween Festival in London and said they'd like to do one. But I haven't heard anything since. I emailed him quite recently but haven't heard back - and it doesn't look good for me to keep pestering. But if it came from you, or other readers, that would be great. So yes please, do contact him if you don't mind. And as for the Pentacle forum - again, yes please, all publicity is great so if anyone's a member of it, please do post about Stonewylde. I really appreciate this sort of help. And thanks too to everyone who's posted on the Richard and Judy forum. Nothing's happened yet but let's try the drip drip drip method and keep at it - so again, please keep posting on that one too everyone.

Thank you all so very much for all your ideas and help. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. And it will work (in fact is working). Sales are on a steep rise and I'm sure it's because everyone's networking and spreading the news. I'm a very lucky woman to have you all with me! :D
kit

Postby iWitch » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:32 pm

kit wrote:But if it came from you, or other readers, that would be great. So yes please, do contact him if you don't mind. And as for the Pentacle forum - again, yes please, all publicity is great so if anyone's a member of it, please do post about Stonewylde. I really appreciate this sort of help. And thanks too to everyone who's posted on the Richard and Judy forum. Nothing's happened yet but let's try the drip drip drip method and keep at it - so again, please keep posting on that one too everyone.

I've posted my review there; and also spoken to Jon a few times about a feature on the series; he told me that he had approached you, so I'm not sure what's happening either. :?
iWitch

Postby Taz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi Kit, Jon is always busy (isn't he, iWitch!) so sometimes if I need some info etc I contact Maria there instead and she sorts it out - just an idea.
The books are getting a mention on a regular basis on the Pentacle forum and several members have read the series. There are also several other forums where the books are being promoted (shamelesly :lol: !).
8)
BB
Sarah
x
Taz

Postby Taz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi
I have put this on the Pentacle site this evening under 'suggestions': fingers crossed!
x

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 - 12:06 AM Post subject: Kit Berry and Stonewylde
Hi all
Any chance of doing a piece on Kit Berry and the Stonewylde series at some point please? I read an article about her in 'Yours' a magazine for retired folk (according to my Mum!) and it would be good to see something in Pentacle, seeing as she is a fellow Pagan .
I have to admit that I am biased , being an avid reader of the books and a member of her Stonewylde forum. I didn't know anything much about Kit when I first got 'bitten' by the Stonewylde bug but when I eventually read about her life and her determination to write and publish the books, I found it inspirational .
Apart from the fact that I, and many others, find the books to be a gripping read, Kit herself is a lovely woman with a kind and generous heart who takes the time to treat her readers as friends: indeed, that is how many of us view her - a friend .
Thanks for considering this !
BB
Sarah
Taz

Postby iWitch » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:39 pm

Jon has posted a reply to Taz's post to the effect that Pentacle no longer do fiction. :cry: Thus, the Stonewylde series falls outside its remit.
iWitch

Postby Taz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:22 am

:(
Yep, as iWitch has said, Pentacle don't review fiction these days - such a shame but it is probably one of the best Pagan mags around and so it's rammed out with great stuff - apparently there's a huge backlog of articles waiting to be published.
Oh well, nothing ventured and all that!
Back to the drawing board.....................................
:D
Taz

BBC Radio Devon interview May 19th

Postby kit » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:47 am

Thanks to Beantighe's great idea, I'm going to be on Radio Devon soon! I sent a book and letter off to Judi Spiers, after Beantighe recommended her as sympathetic to new authors, and last week she phoned me. Yep, she'd been Stonewylded! Her producer was in touch soon after and we've arranged an interview on Monday May 19th, although the date is to be confirmed. Then they want me to do a recording of the first chapter (perhaps slightly abridged) and they'll play a bit of it for five minutes every day for a whole week! That will happen a couple of weeks after the interview. I'm so excited - thanks so much Beantighe for the excellent recommendation. And even if you don't get Radio Devon you can hear it all via the BBC website! :D :D
kit

Next

Return to News and Events