38%
earth
38%
air
13%

Total votes : 8

sun signs and elements

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:13 pm

i am stealing this idea for a post from my blog where i recently spent some time musing on my being an aquarian and the embracing of the element of air...

original, unruly and wild, socially active, a stong independant streak, humanistic, enjoys privacy and dislikes encroachment on personal space, a dislike of control, narrow-mindedness, violence and inequality........air covers intellect, inspiration, imagination, ideas, dreams and wishes......vital spirit that passes through all things....

i certainly feel that i embrace these qualities~if this represented a typical aquarian then that is me :wink:
but i also feel a great pull towards water...

anyone else want to shere their signs and elements? :)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

sun signs and elements

Postby wendy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:02 pm

I am creative, artistic, reliable, thoughtful, original, loyal, sensual, calm(most of the time), and truthful. W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G. I am also aware that i can be self critical, very very stubborn, hate change, need myown space, and absolutely can't abide lies. When i have made mistakes, i can admit them, correct them if i can, but certainly learn from them. Intense deep love of Nature and working with the soil is my Earth element and i am a 100% dependable Taurean.
wendy

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm

thanks wendy :)
solsticedreamer

Postby Pixiedust » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:13 pm

I am a Virgo, an earth sign and according to the Internet, my traits are:...

Analyst, worrier, demands respect, fair judgement, pessimistic, purist, plays safe, frequently depressed, destructive at times, has mood swings, perfectionist, easily learns mastery.

Virgo Horoscope ruler mercury, symbol of communication. in ancient times was believed to be the messenger of the gods. This planet governs intellect, communication, wit, writing and diplomacy.

Don't I sound a bundle of fun. :? Whilst I can relate to some of these traits, I have rather a split personality, while at times I like my own space and peace and quiet, I'm also the life and soul of the party and love to laugh. I am a perfectionist and organised, but only when I want to be! :lol: Considering I'm supposed to be so bloody clever, what am I doing working for tesco. :?: :roll:
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:19 pm

you are obviously serving the community pixiedust, which is no bad thing~where would we be without people working in shops, collecting our rubbish/recycling, cleaning the streets~mare more worthy than a footballer and the disgraceful wages they earn :roll:

but i am going off topic :roll: so any other air folk out there? and why my pull to water? :?
solsticedreamer

Postby Leanne » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:31 pm

are you sure yuo really want to know all about us SD?

:lol:

I am a Virgo too, a mutable earth sign.

Virgoans are generally ..Practical, realistic , loyal, refined, patient ,conformist,adaptable, flexible, Can be controlling, picky and manipulative (oh dear!)

I had my personal horoscope done a few years back, based on my time of birth etc,,
it said..
You are diligent, intelligent, articulate, analytical, modest, meticulous and practical. You can also be self critical, judgemental, a perfectionist and a worrier.

In my own chart mars is in cancer,. (mars represents courage, assertiveness, motivation and passion) for me this means...

"You assert yourself indirectly, sympathetically and self-protectively. You are very intuitive and tenacious when not suffering anxieties and self-doubt."

for me VENUS is in Libra
(VENUS is the house where you experience happiness, pleasure, creativity and affection) for me...

You show affection idealistically, extravagantly and yet hesitantly. Your desire for harmony may bring comfort and pleasure but if you constantly avoid conflict (which I do) you may also constrain intimacy.

my MOON is in Libra too (the moon is the house where you find emotional security and fulfilment) for me...

You respond impartially and idealistically, indecisively and flirtatiously. You think before you react, you see other’s points of view and consider them, but this sometimes can result in your indecisiveness.

i hate to admit it but a lot of this does ring true with me.
Leanne

Postby Pixiedust » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:33 pm

Indecisive, is that me uummm not sure Ill think about it. :lol:

Pixiedust

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Pixiedust wrote:Indecisive, is that me uummm not sure Ill think about it. :lol:

:lol: now you sure about that :lol:
solsticedreamer

Postby Leanne » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:39 pm

ah, but Pixiedust, thast my own personal reading based on my unique birth data rather than all virgoans
Leanne

Postby Pixiedust » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:44 pm

Leanne wrote:ah, but Pixiedust, thast my own personal reading based on my unique birth data rather than all virgoans

I can definitely, associate with the indecisive trait though. I can't decide whether to turn left or right half the time. :roll:

Pixiedust

Postby Leanne » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: welcome to my world pixie!
Leanne

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:03 pm

my ruling planet is uranus (although originally saturn)...because of its odd orbit it is known as the breaker of convention~that says it all :lol:
solsticedreamer

Postby sea sprite » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:41 pm

I'm a Cancerian (as are hubby, baby son and step-son!) The typical Cancerian qualities are home-loving, emotional, affectionate, loyal, moody, hard exterior but soft underneath!, irritable, unpredictable, intuitive, clingy, sensitive, family oriented and tenacious. I would say I'm a very typical Cancerian (oh dear!), although I wouldn't say that I'm clingy. I'm extremely loyal though and as is common with the other water signs, I love to be near water. Preferably the sea :)
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:50 pm

SD
I'm aquarian too, you lot better tell me how you think I should be because I havent a clue, only to how I feel which may not work out as it should :lol:

if that makes any sense to you then your much more awake on a sunday night than I am :oops: :roll:

:?:
Carprimulgidae

Postby Beantighe » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:52 pm

Well I'm Cancerian too, so I'd say my characteristics are very similar to Seasprite's, although I also have a very strong Virgo moon, which gives me some of the Virgoan qualities too. Additionally I have quite a few Air signs in my chart, specifically Gemini, so I'm not sure which element is dominant. It depends on the circumstances, I suppose. The one element I have very little of is Fire. So I really don't know which one to go for in the poll. It certainly strikes me that this indecisiveness is typically Virgo, lol! I think I'd better go for Water, as it's my Sun sign.....................Phew, decisions, decisions!

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Next

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff