What Ya doin for Beltane?

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

What Ya doin for Beltane?

Postby Pixiedust » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:08 pm

Just thought I'd be nosey and see what everybody is going to be doing for Beltane?

I'm off to Beltane camp in the new forest, which I'm very much looking forward too. We head off on Friday. One fellow camper who I haven't met is a friend of a friend and he's taking home made Apple Tea wine, sounding better by the minute. I've treated myself to a guest bed this year as the air bed is toooo cold. Getting up off it is an art form though. :lol:
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby Esmee » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:38 pm

Sounds really fun! I envy you :)

Well I had originaly planned to picnic at Avebury, maybe meet some stonewylders... but thanks to being ill that's gone bosoms up. Now the best I think I can get away with is a picnic in the garden if I'm lucky!

Hopefully my nurse (the worried fiance) will let me do a small ritual with him for Beltaine... I'd like to :)
Esmee

Postby solsticedreamer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:09 am

i am hoping to go to a local camp but as usual i have to check finances first :roll:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Midori » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:53 am

I would normally be at a pagan camp in the New forest too, but due to cataracts I cannot drive, so must miss it. Never Mind, I'll try to make it for Lughnasadh!

Cheers, midori
Witches ride brooms because Nature abhors a vacuum!
Midori

Postby sea sprite » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:52 am

Not up to much on May 1st as hubby will be working. I'm not sure if Padstow 'obby 'oss day will take place on May Day or the Saturday. That's normally a fun day, but very busy. We got a flier at the weekend about a fayre on at an eco-centre on the North coast. It's free entry and has musicians, maypole dancing, workshops and stalls, so that might be worth going to. :)
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Pixiedust » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:15 pm

Midori wrote:I would normally be at a pagan camp in the New forest too, but due to cataracts I cannot drive, so must miss it. Never Mind, I'll try to make it for Lughnasadh!

Cheers, midori

I'll look out for you at Lughnasadh then Midori. xx

Pixiedust

Postby Midori » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:13 pm

Is it Grey Mare camp you go to Pixiedust? If you've been before we may know each other, I usually turn up in a Blue VW Bus with Tribal tattoo designs.

Cheers, midori
Witches ride brooms because Nature abhors a vacuum!
Midori

Postby Pixiedust » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:19 pm

Midori wrote:Is it Grey Mare camp you go to Pixiedust? If you've been before we may know each other, I usually turn up in a Blue VW Bus with Tribal tattoo designs.

Cheers, midori

I'm not sure, I haven't been for a few years, but go as a guest with my friend Sharon, who runs Lotus Reiki, used to be Solent school of Reiki, and the camp was at New Park farm in Brokenhurst.

Pixiedust

Postby Sujee » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:52 pm

No camps for me, I don't know of any round here cos I am fairly new to the path. I shall be at work during the day but Wednesday night I shall go out on the Common and walk amongst the trees and rabbits and sit for a while. My friend and I were going to build a bonfire in her garden but we have had such rain today I think we are doomed!
On May Day I teach bellydance in the evening so I shall have the class dance fire signs from the Astrobelly I teach and we can create our own Beltane Dance in a circle.. Hopefully it will be successful and fun! :lol:

Esmee, I go to Avebury quite often as I live fairly nearby, let me know when you go when you are better and maybe we could meet up?
BB
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:36 pm

There'll be loads of Druids at Avebury this weekend for Beltaine. Many are staying at Blackland Lakes campsite in Calne and either driving or clubbing together for a taxi to Avebury. I'm hoping to go providing I can get a friend to give me a lift. The weather for Sat doesn't look too good at the moment............. :( Watch this space!

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Leanne » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:55 am

i wont be going to any organised gathering but will spend it quietly at home. I will go for a walk during the day- i am lucky to live in an area where i have lots of gorgeous natural countryside close to hand. I may have my own beltane fire though- a small bonfire in the garden in the evening, and i will decorate my altar area, as I do for every sabbat/festival.
Leanne

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:54 am

i may be doing something after all~depending on whether swmapy will drive me and whether my m.e will let me :( (i do drive but my m.e plays havoc with my spatial awareness sometimes :? )
i may be going to Glastonbury to meet up with some of the Dolmen Grove to support the Glastonbury Order of Druids if not it will be something quiet and solitary here :)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Firecracker » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:35 pm

Unfortunately am working today and tomorrow! I'm an accountant so this is the busiest time for me. :(

I might manage a small ritual tonight if I can keep my eyes open, unfortunately pregnancy symptoms are kicking in and I have been in bed by 8.30pm the last few nights.
Firecracker

Postby Sujee » Sun May 04, 2008 10:07 am

Hi Bean, did you get to Avebury? Did not think of going there (not a Druid) but was at work all week anyway and Saturday disappeared before my very eyes... I shall go and watch next year and see if I can spot you!
I know the campsite, my sister used to work there. I hope it was a grand day for you all, the weather certainly came up trumps yesterday.
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Mon May 05, 2008 9:20 am

No, hon, I didn't manage to get a lift after all. :cry: I'd have loved to have been up there with the others, as they've all come back and said what a great time they had (on another forum).

BUT - a very nice lady, who's a friend of mine and a Witch and Druid, came all the way up from Plymouth on Friday to see me (30 miles away). We met up outside a little pub on the harbour here, and then strolled from there up to the woods, which are beautiful at this time of the year. We found such a pretty little spot, surrounded by bluebells, and did a little ritual for Beltaine. I read out a poem that she'd brought, and we remembered everyone who needed healing, comfort, or extra strength in their lives. It was just so lovely to have an opportunity to do ritual again, although I admit I was so rusty! Then we strolled back to mine for tea and more chat, sitting outside on the garden bench. It was so nice to have some company, and make a few plans for the future, for meet-ups, celebrations and the like. It was the best day I've had for a long time.

The rest of the weekend was a bit pants, though, as hubby was working all day both days, and I've been rattling round the house on my own like a pea in a barrel! So it was a bit of a come-down after Friday.

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Next

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff