What are yor plans for the Sumer Solstice?

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Postby Beantighe » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:50 pm

Is anyone going to be at Glastonbury for the Solstice? After a lengthy discussion this evening, my friends Claire (the soapmaker) and Di and myself are going up there at night in Di's car, ready for Solstice dawn, with all the drumming and the Druids and all the celebrations etc. It's something I've wanted to do for many years and never had the chance until now, and I'm soooooo looking forward to it! It'd be the icing on the cake if any Stonewylders were there - I'll wear my Stonewylde T-shirt, just in case! :D :D :D

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:58 am

Hi Beantighe

would love to be there but the promiss of a mug of choc at a location of big stones wins, Next time i will be there so hope you make it then. remind me near the time :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:35 pm

oh no~i want to go to Glastonbury too :shock: :roll:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:51 pm

I Know SD, it is closer for me to but sticking to my plan :wink:

how about you :?:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:27 pm

Ooh - Glastonbury idea sounds wonderful - hope you find somewhere to park!
I am tempted to ask my best friend what she is up to as well, we sometimes do ritual together but she has a new man... :wink: ... so she may be spending time with him.
He is a Visionary Artist and lecturer and would enjoy Stonewylde too - should rope him in really..

If you go we expect photos you know :lol: :lol:

Sujee
Last edited by Sujee on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:59 am

Oh honey - I still can't post pictures! My camera is the ancient sort that takes film. I soooo wish my son-in-law and daughter lived closer - he's just fixed our computer. He works in computers and he's an absolute wizz at it, plus he's such a good and patient teacher, who will take you through it step by step. I know you've posted up instructions, but my brain just won't take it in, and I have to be physically guided through the process. It's sooooo hard when you're ancient! :wink:

I'll certainly tell you all about it, though!

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby solsticedreamer » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:35 am

oh Bean if you happen to meet a Druid known as skydancer of glastonbury give him a wave :)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Beantighe » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:13 pm

Well at one point there it looked as if it might not happen. Our friend Di (she's the one with the car) thought she might not be able to find anyone to swap shifts with her at the cafe where she works in Totnes, but one of the ladies came up trumps at the last minute. Even so, I don't think we'll get the chance to camp :( as Di's got to be back at work for 11 am on Sat morning. We're planning on leaving Claire's at midnight, hoping to get to Glastonbury for about 1 am, see the dawn up, have a little rest, and then come back home. I'd love to have been able to stay longer, but I suppose this is better than not being able to go at all................

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:33 pm

Beantighe I hope you have a super time! I shall be thinking of you there and feeling rather green at the same time tho! :wink:

I could get there by train but then it is quite a drag from the nearest station so I am planning a weekend there in a nice B&B so if anyone has any recommendations they will be gratefully recieved...! :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby sea sprite » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:08 am

Hi Sujee,

A friend and I stayed at the Avalon Barn B+B 3 years ago. It's not in Glastonbury, but is near. The owner, Elaine, was lovely, as were the breakfasts! Here's a link:

http://www.avalonbarn.co.uk/
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sujee » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks Sea Sprite! Not sure when I will go yet, but probably when it is a bit quieter down there. I shall look on the link later on. There are some smashing looking B&Bs there and as long as I get a comfy bed and a big brekkie I am happy!!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Previous

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff