What are yor plans for the Sumer Solstice?

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

What are yor plans for the Sumer Solstice?

Postby Midori » Mon May 26, 2008 11:02 am

Who's doing what for Summer Solstice?

Cheers, Midori
Witches ride brooms because Nature abhors a vacuum!
Midori

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon May 26, 2008 12:54 pm

fingers X'ed if all goes well I maybe at stone henge checking out them old stones again & maybe a look at Pippin, the promis of a mug of hot choc is very tempting :lol:
not sure if I will get there so just in case I cant it will be a night in the forest watching nature at it's best & to see the sun rise, at least that is close to home & I can pop back for breakfast :lol:

Wonder what others have planned :?:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Ebany » Mon May 26, 2008 1:15 pm

I'll be attending our usual Pagan summer camp, about 60 of us get together each year to celebrate Litha. As you can imagine, that makes for a pretty big ritual circle! The people who organise it all (and very well too, I might add!) also work with fire so fire breathing workshops and demonstrations usually happen too. Add to that a nice big (fully legal!!) campfire with lots of singing and storytelling, a drop or three of mead and even a big lake for nightswimming (whoopee, this year under a full moon!!) 8) and you have a recipe for a couple of very special days. :lol:
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Leanne » Mon May 26, 2008 2:20 pm

I dont know yet, still deciding/thinking about it! :lol:
Leanne

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon May 26, 2008 3:42 pm

all going well i will be at stonehenge :D possibly entertaining carp... :shock: oh er that sounds a bit dodgy...possibly forcing hot chocolate on carp :lol:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon May 26, 2008 3:43 pm

all going well i will be at stonehenge :D possibly entertaining carp... :shock: oh er that sounds a bit dodgy...possibly forcing hot chocolate on carp :lol:
solsticedreamer

Postby Leanne » Mon May 26, 2008 4:28 pm

i am wondering about maybe trying to join you both if thats ok? it depends on whether my son is here to be with the animals all night, he may be away then- i cant leave the dogs alone).
Leanne

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon May 26, 2008 4:31 pm

yes leanne :D

now this could turn into a small stonewylde gathering~ohhh anyone else who can make the journey and join us???
solsticedreamer

Postby Sujee » Mon May 26, 2008 4:42 pm

Wish I could join you guys - sounds a good way to spend Litha. Hope you find each other there OK.

I will probably get up early and take a walk on teh Common for the sunrise and see how I get inspired. Maybe a lone circle ritual in the evening, and time to myself.....
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Firecracker » Mon May 26, 2008 5:16 pm

We are on holiday at beginning of June and away the weekend at beginning of July, so unfortunately cash won't stretch too far to do much.

Possibly watch the sunrise with a bit of a ritual.
Firecracker

Postby Sujee » Mon May 26, 2008 5:32 pm

Leanne, just looked at your blog. It's lovely and the pics are fab! You are very lucky to live where you do, so close to some woods.

I have some lovely trees on the Common here but the copses are so small I never feel quite alone - what with the dog walkers and the cows! Not quite secluded enough for a ritual either, unless it is dark (then I just look shifty - esp as there are usually some cars parked in secluded areas where I go...! :? )
Will go extra early for the Solstice as no one is around then!! :)
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Leanne » Mon May 26, 2008 5:35 pm

thanks sujee, i do enjoy taking the photos, and i have a lot of inspiration here, it is lovely.... :lol:
Leanne

Postby Sorcha » Tue May 27, 2008 9:57 am

Ebany wrote:I'll be attending our usual Pagan summer camp, about 60 of us get together each year to celebrate Litha. As you can imagine, that makes for a pretty big ritual circle! The people who organise it all (and very well too, I might add!) also work with fire so fire breathing workshops and demonstrations usually happen too. Add to that a nice big (fully legal!!) campfire with lots of singing and storytelling, a drop or three of mead and even a big lake for nightswimming (whoopee, this year under a full moon!!) 8) and you have a recipe for a couple of very special days. :lol:

I will be joining Ebany (and the 60 others, among which my non pagan husband ( who is allowed to come as long as he behaves!) and my children!) It is a truly wonderful weekend, something we really look forward to for weeks in advance!

The children are allowed to participate in the ritual. They even get a task to do at the ritual. Last year we were divided into age groups. The children up to 18 years had to evoke the Element Air and make the altar for that Element in the Circle. The people from age 18 up to 33 had to evoke Fire, the age-group 33-45 had to evoke Water and the 45+ had to evoke Earth. I was asked to help with the Ritual as assistant priestess! For me really an amazing experience!! I am not even initiated yet, so it was a big honour. The power that is in the Circle before the Ritual starts and before everyone is in the Circle is amazing, it is like being in a high pressure cooker.

The Ritual is usually on the Saturday evening at 8 pm. The rest of the weekend is filled with, as Ebany already said, singing and storytelling around the camp-fire, archery workshops, fire workshops, and midnight swimming!! Last year on Friday night only Ebany, my son and I were brave enough to leave the camp-fire for a cold lake, Saturday night two others joined us. Ebany and I already made a date to brave the lake again this Solstice!!

It is beautiful, being there in a black lake, surrounded by trees, nobody else there, just your small group of people and a starry sky! And this time a Full Moon!! What more can you ask for!!??? :P

Anyway, these are my Solstice plans!!

Blessings and love,

Sorcha :wink:
Sorcha

Postby iWitch » Tue May 27, 2008 6:50 pm

Same as always for me - sitting out on an all-night vigil.
iWitch

Postby Moonchild » Tue May 27, 2008 7:41 pm

I'm not sure yet as I'm going to be in Whitby on holiday so if anyone has any recommendations of places to go around there please let me know :) Whatever I do I shall be up and outside for sunrise if nothing else.
*she who dances with the crows*
Moonchild

Next

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff