Avebury this weekend

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Avebury this weekend

Postby Sujee » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:41 pm

Was not sure quite where to post this thread so hope this will do! :)

I am off to Avebury tomorrow with my family (Sunday) as it is Father's Day as my dad's ashes are scattered there.

I have discovered from Pentacle Magazine website (thanks for the link) that there is an Open Ritual there at 14.00 as well and I thought I would toddle over from my family picnic and take part. (I have called the organiser for more details but got answerphone and left a message.)

Is anyone from here going? If so would be lovely to meet any of you.
Of course I shall wear my Stonewylde T shirt - that goes without saying!!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby sea sprite » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:39 pm

I'm not going (it's a bit far from Cornwall!), but I hope you have a nice time and enjoy the ritual.

What a lovely place for your dad's final resting place.
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sujee » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:43 am

It is a lovely place to visit him! :) :(

Shame is I cannot go now - Claire has too much revision to do for her A level on Tuesday and we decided it was not worth it to meet the family there for only an hour or so :(

Will go in July instead and spend a day there soaking up the atmosphere and wandering around.

Hope the sun is shining on you in Cornwall :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby sea sprite » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi!

What a shame that you couldn't go today. Then again, I remember revising for A-Levels-poor Claire!

We had showers here this morning, but it brightened up later on :) I haven't forgotten that I said that I'll pm you. Time just seems to be flying past at the moment :shock: I'll get in touch soon :oops:
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sujee » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Yeah, it was a shame and it turns out the rest of my family did not stay very long as we were not there - after all they only live 10 mins away from the circle!! Claire is exhausted though, I have been helping her where I can but A level physics..... :oops: she recites teh formulae to me and I have to believe they are correct :lol:

We had sun most of the day and it has just started to rain now - I love sitting here listening to it pattering on the trees and the grass, makes me want to go and run around in it... :D

PM when you can honey, seems you are busy enough without that!!
Hope you and yours are all well in Cornwall.
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff