Artemis Gathering

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Artemis Gathering

Postby Pixiedust » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi all,

Just back from the Artemis Gathering and had a fantastic time. Damh the Bard and the Dolmen were great. I met Creature and her other half at camp who were lovely. They spotted my T-Shirt. Unfortunately we never all had out t-shirts on at the same time. But Creature's camera holds a picture of us all and the Bard at the festival, which I think she's going to put on here.

Creature it was lovely to meet you both, and your just down the road, small world aye. Hope you had a great time. :D
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby Sujee » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Glad to hear you had a fab time - and met creature too! What a lovely weekend. Did the weather hold out for you and how many were there... do tell all!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Pixiedust » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:11 am

Weather was a bit pants sujee. Friday was the best day, Saturday was really rainy and Sunday really windy. I was having my tarot cards read whilst holding the tent poles down, so that was an experience.

The highlight of the camp was Damh the Bard it was fantastic to see him playing live and the atmosphere was magical. He had to keep doing extra songs as we wouldn't let him go. I 've bought the new CD The Cauldron Born as it has two of my favourites on it, Pagan Ways and Green and Grey. :D

The Dolmen played who were also fab, while the tribe of Kismet bellydanced.

Someone took their pet rat along which participated in all events and went everywhere with them. She sat next to me at the Bard concert, so I had to have a cuddle. First rat I've ever cuddled I must say. :shock:

Unfortunately the wicker goddess didn't burn as it was so wet :cry: but everyone did try hard to get her alight. The fire dancers were amazing, but all the good pics are on my friends camera. Once I have these I'll pop them on my blog. I have a few other pics on there already.

I was driving everyone nuts all weekend as I couldn't stop saying;-

''four witches in a field, in the rain, I make that Pimms o-clock don't you!''

Its official I am bonkers. :roll:

Pixiedust

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Pixiedust

sounds like a great time, i wish they did things like that closer to me but maybe I should ventue out more :lol:

I would be good at reading your Tarots, I could have told you if you let go of the pole you would have been sitting in a field with no tent :lol: :lol:

I am glad it all went off ok, the forcast was not a good one but it sounds like you didnt do too bad. Looking forward to seeing your pics :wink:

:wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Hey PD! I do the Pimms o'clock thing too, so you are not the only bonkers one!! Usually at unsuitable moments tho...! :lol:

Glad you had a good time, and you got to cuddle a rat! They are lovely and clever. What was it called?
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Pixiedust » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:25 pm

Sujee wrote:Hey PD! I do the Pimms o'clock thing too, so you are not the only bonkers one!! Usually at unsuitable moments tho...! :lol:

Glad you had a good time, and you got to cuddle a rat! They are lovely and clever. What was it called?

Molly, she was white with pink eyes.

Pixiedust

Postby Moongoddess » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:41 pm

So pleased you had a good time - i've been looking to attend a pagan gathering...maybe in the new year. Never been to on before, only the weekend bike rally type thing. Not really sure what to expect as bike rallies are just one big drunken party :lol: :lol: Not really expecting the same sort of thing from a pagan weekend.....hopefully a little more relaxed and chilled.
I love rats....had a pet rat called Suzi years ago :D she was so sweet. Would love to have more but was allergic to her :( :( Mind you don't think my dog would be impressed either......would just think it was lunch :(
Moongoddess

Postby creature » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:22 am

Hi Pixiedust

It was great to meet you!

I have emailed Kit the photo of us with Dahm the Bard. I was sorry we didnt see you on the Sunday but we had to get back to our dogs and the weather was a bit stressful.it was a fab weekend apart from the pants weather. I loved the music!!

I would love to send you a copy of the picture but i am not sure how. I m not overly good on the computer.

love and light and magic[/img][/list][/code]
creature

Postby MISTYCAT » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:39 pm

I was thinking of going on this, this year and last year but I've never had the guts to book it as I'd be going on my own in a little one-man (or should I say one-lady) tent :lol:

For those that have been, is this the sort of thing that you can go to by yourself and still fit in okay? I mean are there others on their own, and do people talk to you or is it very close knit pre-formed groups?

Do you have to take a load of camping gear, or is there catering where you can buy food for your meals ready cooked?

Maybe next year if someone convinces me its good!
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Postby kit » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:02 pm

Wear your Stonewylde T-shirt, Mistycat, and you'll have a whole gang of friends around you I'm sure!! :lol: Even if people aren't wearing theirs or haven't yet bought one, they recognise Stonewylde and will come and chat to you. Isn't that right, Pixiedust and Creature? BTW where is Pixiedust? Haven't seen any posts from her for a while or am I going senile? :oops:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby creature » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:14 am

You have to take your own camping bits, but there is food. Although pretty rank!!!

I feel it is going to get better every year. We were going to go 2009 but now because of another VERY important event we will not be able to attend.. We own our own Hair Salon and we can only close 1 weeekend in the summer.

I would recommend it. I found people very friendly and met some great people.

A note of warning!!!! If it is held in the same place as 2008 you may want to take some wellies cause it can get muddy and there showers were just as muddy.

The first night with everyone walking to the fire was amazing. Very Wickerman but without Edward Woodward.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
love and light and magic
creature

Postby MISTYCAT » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:53 am

Thanks for your advice, I'll have a think on that one! The mud bit sounds a bit off-putting!

Obviously the Stonewylde gathering will be top of my choices for events next year :D
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Postby creature » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:43 pm

We are going to the Stonewylde gathering too!!!!

Dont be put off by the mud because a lot of it is undercover.

Looking forward to meeting you next year.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
love and light and magic
creature

Postby solsticedreamer » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:39 pm

maybe others of us will meet at other pagan events/festivals next year too :)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Pixiedust » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:15 pm

Mistycat the Artemis gathering was really good and very friendly, not clicky like some events I've attended. Agree with Creature Wellies are a must.

Hi Creature, and Hi Kit I'm back. Will be spending the next week catching up on all I've missed.

Pixiedust

Next

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff