Mabon

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Mabon

Postby Sujee » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:16 pm

As my Claire is off to Uni in September and my best friend's son is also leaving home, we are feeling that this is a time of great change in our lives. As this is all happening around the time of the Equinox, we thought we could integrate how we feel about the changes in our lives and how we are coping with this, into a ritual.

I know that this is a time for celebration of what nature has given us and a chance to look back at the year past to date, what we have achieved and what is left to do, but I would welcome any thoughts or ideas you lovely folk had about blending the two together.

Thank you for any ideas. :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Moongoddess » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:08 pm

Hi Sujee, it could be quite a good time to celebrate, after all Claire is your harvest, who has now ripened and is ready to make her own way in the world....likewise your friend's son. While it will be very emotional for you and your friend, it would be great to celebrate the future that the two young people are moving towards....not sure if that's any help to you :D
Moongoddess

Postby Queen OF Swords » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:34 pm

How about a small ritual of smudging and blessing for the young folks heading off in to the world and then a nice meal for everybody to celebrate the next stage in their journey?

You could also exchange small gifts of protection and give reminders that, whatever happens, they are always welcome home. Don't you or your friend dwell on any of this "empty nest" pish either - celebrate a job well done and be proud.

I haven't made any definite plans yet with my pagan partner - I would like to try another trip off into the wilds before it gets too cold, but the way I am feeling just now, I'm not sure I would have the energy for a trek. But then, maybe that's the perfect reason to go...I see some tree-climbing :D
Queen OF Swords

Postby Sujee » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:01 pm

Thanks for those ideas and suggestions MG and QoS - never thought of using Claire as my Harvest - I like that! :D

Not sure if the kids would join us but I am sure claire take some crystals with her and maybe let me bless and cleanse her room (and not only to get rid of the smell of student... :wink: ).

I shall definitely consider these, and I fancied a celebratory meal anyway....

Will be no empty nest dwelling - have earmarked Claire's room as my distillery!!!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Leanne » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:02 pm

I shall have a special Mabon celebration.. the autumn equinox falls on the 22nd this year... my birthday!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leanne

Postby cornmother » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:37 pm

Sujee

Although this is a children's site (and an American one, at that) I just love this idea http://www.broomstix.com/L08BOS.htm - and to make up your own personal gift for Claire to take with her to Uni would be something special, I think. Just imagine her as she unwinds the Lammas ball to discover each gift throughout the coming year.

With a smile,
CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby Sujee » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Thank you CM - that is a lovely idea! I shall think of some symbols which are special to us and use them in a ball! Claire loves little things too, and she will enjoy this!

Am planning a planning session for our ritual tomorrow after I have been weighed :oops: with my friend in the pub for a change of scenery!! My lubricate the thought process although I am supposed to be on soda and lime! :lol:

You are all wonderful for sharing your ideas and your kind words about Claire going up. XXX
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Queen OF Swords » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:46 am

Sorry Sujee but I had to smile at your "planning a planning session" :D

You are as bad as me, organising spontaneous wild rituals...

Blessings on your ritual though of course x
Queen OF Swords

Postby Sujee » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:14 pm

QoS - I am not only a Capricorn - I have my natal moon in Capricorn too so I am rather an organiser... :roll: :lol:

Still we managed to do it in the pub where Claire works and it was nice and quiet so we did some talking and scribbling. Lots of ideas, we just need to meld them together and we found some lovely ideas in Glennie Kindred's books as well.

am going to make Moongoddess' apple cake for us to share and find some mead too... as long as we enjoy ourselves we will be happy, and that is the main thing I think! :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:29 pm

Sounds really lovely, Sujee - hope it goes well and that you all have a wonderful time! I'll be thinking of you all.

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby solsticedreamer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:45 pm

oh sujee hope it goes well for you!
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Sujee » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Thank you - I will let you know how it goes. xx
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Queen OF Swords » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:31 am

Warmest wishes and brightest blessings to all my fellow stonemad :D Stonewylders for this upcoming Autumn Equinox. May the 2nd harvest continue in it's bounty, if not physically in terms of fruit (it's a bit rubbish isn't it?) then spiritually and emotionally.

I'm off to meet up with my pal Ray in town for some healing space and then am kipping over to do some artwork with leaves - knitting and possibly photos.

Love to you all xxx
Queen OF Swords

Postby kit » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:05 am

It's my eldest son's birthday on 21st but we celebrated last weekend with a big Virgo party (five of us!) so I won't be seeing him. And he's grown up now with his own life so it's not such a big deal seeing mum on his birthday! I'll be thinking of Sujee and Where the Wild Roses Grow as they both send their children off to uni. It's a very emotional time, and as they've both said, a Rite of Passage not only for the kids but the mums (and dads if they're around) too.

Mr B and I were planning on spending the day somewhere special as the weather forecast is good. Maybe Avebury or the New Forest perhaps, but not sure yet. I want to gather some autumn fruits for my pottery thing that I usually fill with different things like acorns, beechnuts etc. Already got plenty of conkers though!!!

I'll be sending out the newsletter tonight - had two more new subscribers this morning, so if you haven't signed up for it yet, do it now!

The garden is looking so beautiful and peaceful today, and the birds are singing their hearts out. Yet somehow September has a sad and wistful feeling to it - not like the bright mornings in May when it's all starting. Oh dear - I'm getting maudlin. Youngest son went back to uni yesterday and I'm missing him. Adopted daughter goes next weekend, and I'm very excited for her. But it'll be strange having this huge house to myself all day when there've been so many kids around all summer. Oh well - better get writing then to take my mind off it!!
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Greymalkin » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:10 am

How do I subscribe to the newsletter?
Greymalkin

Next

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff