Witchfest International

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Witchfest International

Postby Sujee » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi, I am going with a friend to Witchfest International this year on 8th November - anyone else going from Stonewylde? :?: I know not everyone here is CoA inclined but I do find it useful for workshops etc as there is not a huge amount going on in that vein in my neck of the woods. Hope to stay long enough to see The Dolmen and Kitty Hudson.... :D

(memo to self - get the tickets!!!) :lol: :roll:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Ebany » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:17 pm

I'd love to come over there for at least one of the big events, not going to happen this year I'm afraid, got to get my finances in order - don't have that many free days left now, I've used up loads and have to save some for coming over at xmas.
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:19 pm

it sounds good sujee but dont think i will be there, didnt manage to go when they had an even in cardiff :roll: wished i had though.
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:22 pm

Cardiff was a good one as it was not too busy - only downside was that two of the workshops I wanted to go to were cancelled at the last minute with no alternative. that was in 2007 though, did not get there this year.
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Sujee » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Yeah, Ebany I know what you mean... I shall go but will not spend any money which I don't have (famous last words!). whereabouts are you heading when you are over for Xmas? If you are passing Berkshire let me know! Be good to meet another Stonewylder!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Moongoddess » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:30 pm

Ah Sujee, so you've been the witchfest's before :?: Are they good :?: Well, silly question really, must be good otherwise you wouldn't go again :? :roll:
What sort of thing go on at them :?:
Moongoddess

Postby Sujee » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:32 pm

Think I answered that in the pub by mistake! That tea must be strong...! :roll:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Ebany » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:32 pm

Berkshire is not unfortunately on the way - one brother lives in Milton Keynes, the rest live in Worcestershire, it's very expensive to bring the car, so I usually come with Easy jet to Luton, my brother can pick me up there. Alternative is Ryanair to Stanstead and then hire a car - I'll have to see. Might even do boat to Harwich and then train... decisions, decisions.... :) :)
Ebany

Postby Moongoddess » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:38 pm

However you get here Ebany, hope you have a good time :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby faery » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:26 pm

I'd like to be going but I'm off to Stratford again on the 6th....budget is not unlimited :D ...unless I win the lottery between now and then lol!
The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon...but it's echo lasts a great deal longer...
faery

why worry just enjoy it, no pockets in shrouds

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:04 pm

i been selling body parts to fund my hobby, down to typing with one finger, spelling is awfull due to only one eye and my glasses keep falling off because i just sold one of my ears and to finish off i'm hopping on one leg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Ebany » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:17 pm

Reminds of the song that starts "I got married on Friday.....
Another one to sing at our get together!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Ebany

Postby Moongoddess » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:43 am

...not heard of that one Ebany, at least i don't think I have :!: Hope you'll be bring the words for some songs, otherwise i'll be sat humming...... :!: :roll: :lol: :lol:

la de dum de fiddle de dee-ee :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Ebany » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:52 am

I think that's an old music hall song, all about a woman who turns out to be something other than what her new husband expected. I will sing it for you as and when!! I also know loads of stuff we can all sing along to, easy to learn. Most of them you'll probably know anyway, we all tend to hear lots of stuff and then half forget it till we hear it again! :) :)
Must go, off to the gym, will just do some time on cycling machine, too many problems with one shoulder due to all the rain we've suddenly had the last couple of days. Still, after the workout into the sauna and get some warmth into me, it's also a lovely day here so we can lie outside on the stretchers and get some sun. :D :D :D
Catch you later
Ebany

Postby Sujee » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Just had a great time at Fairfield Halls on my course. Very useful and I dont feel so adrift in a sea of questions now!

Was very interesting and nice that it was run by both a coven worker and a solitary. Gleaned some good ideas from them both. :D

Feel much more confident now in what I do and less bamboozled by the sometimes conflicting information available in books. Also learned that I do not think that formal Wiccan initiation is for me at the moment, not the least because there is no coven near me, but also because I am happy worshipping in my own way. Does not mean that what I do is 'wrong' or less effective, just that I am freer in my time and way of doiing things.. not being very good at explaining this am I! :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Next

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff