Halloween Festival

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Postby Ebany » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:11 am

I had a wonderful time there, did some sterling work with handing out cards and talking to people about Stonewylde, walked round both days in my t-shirt and had plenty of positive comments. Having just read the last two postings, that does explain a little, but not one single Stonewylder came up and said hello..... Never mind, actually, they were saying that the attendance was a bit down this year, maybe something to do with Conway Hall as a venue.
Now, one thing that happened was that the Morris dancers for Sunday didn't turn up so they had to fill in some time in the afternoon. A couple of the musicians got up and played and got people dancing - and just to break things up a bit your very own Ebany got up and sang a couple of songs, Photo's were taken (I'll sort mine out tomorrow and post them, I'm only just home and am still running on adrenaline!!) and I think I was filmed - di I mention that I was wearing the t-shirt at the time???? :P :P Should help a bit!!! There is more, but that I'll have to post on the media opportunities posting and send Kit some important info.
I have no regrets about coming over on an impulse, was well worth it, good fun, well organised, will do my best to be there for the Beltane bash as well :) :)
Last edited by Ebany on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Ebany » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm

It's now the day after, I'm desperately trying to key back into the real world and failing miserably!!! The last few days have been so intense, met so many people, had so many experiences, coming down is not easy. It doesn't help that I'm straight back at work and have to work this evening as well!!
To put it mildy, I'm what the Londoners would call cream crackered!! Lots of walking around London, some of it with baggage, seeing an old friend yesterday for the first time in 22 years and all the experiences of the bash itself (dancing almost non-stop to the very good ska band and the Blues Brothers on Saturday plus joining in with the belly dancing (oh yes I did!!! :P :P ) plus all the other things that happened - it's almost too much for one poor mortal to take!!!
Actually, as with all good experiences - if I had to repeat it, I wouldn't change very much, I'm pleased that I followed my impulse and just went for it!!! :D :D
Ebany

Postby Sorcha » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:59 pm

I'm glad that you had such a great time Ebany!! Sometimes the plunges into the deep unknown are the best!!! :P :P :P
Sorcha

Postby Daffodil » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Oh Ebany, it's sounds so wonderful. I'm gutted I couldn't make it this year. I did last years Halloween and this years Beltane, but it's just too far for us to travel for one day so we have to make a weekend of it. I had a hospital appointment on the Saturday afternoon so we couldn't fit it in and we are also a bit brassick at the mo.

I don't suppose anyone saw Jeanette's book there? I know it has been released recently. It's called Forbidden Rites.
Daffodil

Postby Ebany » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:35 pm

The book apparantly hasn't been released yet, there were some flyers there and she'd written "coming soon - I promise!!" on them, so there's obviously been some sort of hiccup in the process. It was a very good weekend and I was glad that I got over my doubts and just went, met some lovely people, a good first U.K. event for me!!! :D
Ebany

Postby Moongoddess » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:11 pm

So pleased you had a good time Ebany.....would have love to see you belly dancing :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: I think a repeat perfomance at the gathering will be called for :wink: :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Ebany » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:22 pm

Actually, there are a few photo's, as soon as I can (I'm at work now and don't think I can do it on this computer) I'll post them on the me in my t-shirt section. As for the belly dancing - well, despite missing the hips and boobs, I did give it a jolly good go..... [smilie=msn_party.gif] It was my first time, so if I'm to do it again, I'll need help!!! I seem to remember that Sujee does that - perhaps she will offer to be my instructor...... [smilie=msn_ooooh.gif] [smilie=msn_smiley.gif]
Last edited by Ebany on Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ebany

Postby Sorcha » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Ebany bellydancing...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I have to see that!!! :lol:
Sorcha

Postby Ebany » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:50 pm

Ebany bellydancing...... I have to see that!!!

dear Sorcha, you really should be very careful about what you wish for..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ebany

Postby Sorcha » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:57 pm

Okay, what's that suppose to mean....... is that a threat or a promise now?? 8)
Sorcha

Postby Ebany » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Tell you what - you choose!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) :P :P :twisted: :twisted:
Ebany

Postby Sorcha » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:59 pm

Okay, you got me there......let's just leave it!! :? 8) 8) 8)
Sorcha

Postby Ebany » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:02 pm

Wow!!!! you mean that I got the last word in????? That's a first!!!!! :P :P :P
Ebany

Postby Sorcha » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:06 pm

Every now and then I just let you win my dear! Wait till I'm more in form! :twisted:
Sorcha

Postby Ebany » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:31 pm

Every now and then I just let you win my dear!

Why thank you, that is kind - remind to give you an extra cuddle next time I see you - whenever that might be ...... :P :P :P
Ebany

PreviousNext

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff