Was this helpful

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 8

Festivals and gatherings look here

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:10 am

So many folk are lucky to be near festivals, bashes, gatherings etc I thought why not have a place for links to them all :idea:

So please post any links here so we all know where they are so everyone get's to know, dont keep it to yourself........ share :P
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby iWitch » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:25 pm

There is actually a few places where you can view pagan events/happenings. Pentacle Magazine's website has a calendar of events for the UK and Pagan Time list events worldwide. :D
iWitch

Postby faery » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:20 pm

Thanks for starting this Carp :idea: I'm generally a bit befuzzled when it comes to finding out what's going on...a central thingy is a good thing. Ta chuck!
The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon...but it's echo lasts a great deal longer...
faery

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:14 am

One here for Ebany & Sorcha, wish they were playing near me :roll: (sorry eb but i mean Omnia :wink: )

I know a few of you have been turned onto Omnia but for anyone that missed the post a couple of weeks ago here is a taster :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsyu34IxU_Y

and another your going to love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp2KR9Dzq6g

sorry to repeat but thought some who missed it would want to see the poster & hear them, was there a whisper they could be at the gathering or was that just Rumour control at work :lol: :wink:

phew these early mornings are cool :shock: and it's still dark :roll:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:03 pm

nice poster :wink:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:07 pm

Both the 'poster' and the poster are nice Carp!! :wink: :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Ahhhhhhhh
Thanks

Carprimulgidae

Kernowkopia

Postby cornmother » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:09 am

cornmother wrote:Hi Sea Sprite (and any other Cornish maids)

I nipped over to Porth, near Newquay, today to the Kernowkopia festival being held at the Sands Resort. Lots of lovely things there, including some great dresses, cloaks, even stuff for little people - and lots going on. It's on tomorrow and Sunday, with some workshops still being held on Monday. Something to do on a Saturday? with a quick run on Porth Beach in the afternoon? (well, um, not if it's still winding and blowing like it is now!)

More details on www.kernowkopia.co.uk

CM

In response to Sujee's question, this festival has been running for years. It was always held at Perranporth, at the Ponsmere Hotel - and I can't remember what it was called before (it's my age, you know!); think it was something like the New Age Festival. However, they had to find another venue for this year's event, as the Ponsmere was sold last year. The Sands at Porth is an ideal location, situated high on the cliff with fantastic views over Porth and Newquay. Plenty of room for all the usual stalls, and for workshops, readings, music sessions, etc. Hopefully this new venue will be a great success, and they will continue there for years to come.

Kernow is the old name for Cornwall, so they renamed the festival based on the word Cornucopia - hence Kernowkopia.

:)

CM

Ooops, sorry - the hotel was called the Ponsmere, not the Ponsanooth - and it was sold last year, not closed down. A lot of these large seafront hotels have closed down, been pulled down, and a whole new generation of holiday flats and 'surfpods' are being erected. Apologies for a bit of misinformation. Doh!!
Last edited by cornmother on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby Sorcha » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:08 pm

[quote="Carprimulgidae"]One here for Ebany & Sorcha, wish they were playing near me :roll: (sorry eb but i mean Omnia :wink: )

Ehmmmmmmm!! Carp :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:

Thanks so much Carp!!! And so thoughtful of you to bring it to our notice!! I did not see it until now!! It looks great and yes, I might go there!!! I absolutely love Omnia!! :P :P :P I will be going to the Midwinterfair in Archeon as well, Rapalje will be playing there, also one of my favourites!!! :P :P :P

This link has some photo's it is from 2006 but it gives you some idea!

http://www.imadia.nl/midwinterfair/index.htm

Carp you should try to be here in the Netherlands when we have Castlefest!! That is always at Lughnasad, the first weekend in August! Omnia will be there!! It is always a great festival, a whole weekend with the burning of the wickerman, live music , all sorts of workshops etc, etc. Always one big party!!! This is the link to the site of 2008, there is already a Dutch site of 2009 but no translation yet. I just see it will be held the 31st of July and the 1st of August!!!

http://www.castlefest.nl/index_uk.php

I will probably miss it again, because it is in the middle of the school holidays. :( :( :( :( :(

Sorcha

Postby Sorcha » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:12 pm

By the way, not only Carp should try to be here at Castlefest!! It is a great festival!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Sorcha

Postby Ebany » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:41 pm

I agree with Sorcha about the castlefest - it really is very good, lots of really good stuff to do see and hear - and some of the costumes!!!! I think that some people who go there must spend hours just getting into their costumes and putting on the make up - do take a look at the links Sorcha posted!!
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Sujee » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:19 pm

CM, I know the hotel you mean in Perranporth, and I now know which event you mean. I have seen it advertised when I have been in Perranporth in the past. I did not know the hotel had closed though, what a shame. Credit crunch??

I hope you had a great time there, do you ever sell your wares at these events?

Sorcha and Ebany and Carp, Castlefest sounds great fun too, I shall look at the link later on when I have caught up with all the posts here! :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:03 pm

think i would love it so will look into that, thanks all :wink:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sorcha » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:05 am

Carprimulgidae wrote:think i would love it so will look into that, thanks all :wink:

I think you will love it Carp!! Omnia is the big hit on Castlefest, but there are also great other bands!! If I could be sure I am here next year I would say, why not come over, and you too Sujee, and we all go together, but I will probably be staying with my mother in law in France then :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sorcha

Postby cornmother » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Sujee wrote:CM, I know the hotel you mean in Perranporth, and I now know which event you mean. I have seen it advertised when I have been in Perranporth in the past. I did not know the hotel had closed though, what a shame. Credit crunch??
Have amended my earlier post - got the name of the hotel wrong (sorry!)

I hope you had a great time there, do you ever sell your wares at these events?

I did do the Ponsmere Hotel yonks ago (once, as a favour for a friend!) - but selling at craft fairs, festivals, bazaars, etc. is not my scene - I have neither the time nor the inclination to churn out stuff en masse (and I groan at some of the awful stuff that is touted on Ebay). I prefer to teach, give talks, demonstrations, set up displays, and share - but I do like doing the quirky things, such as stuff for Mr Magic and the Witches (won't divulge more, as I wouldn't want to spoil his interpretation of the plot)...for young fashion designers (corn dollies in black leather thonging...don't ask!!!!)...large pieces for museums, etc.

And there are mutterings about a workshop at another Event in September next year..........hmmm.
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Next

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff