Equinox energies?

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Equinox energies?

Postby sea sprite » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:13 pm

I know it was a few days ago, but did anyone else have an Autumn Equinox that was full of mishaps?

I had several: one involved a bit of a nappy disaster and as we use washable nappies it had to be dealt with 'head on' as it were :lol: Next, I was making rice pudding and it bolied over all over the cooker, down the door, onto the floor :x At tea time I was feeding Robin some of the rice pudding (not that which had been ont floor!), at which point he gagged and then brought up half his tea :( :roll: (might be best if I don't volunteer to cook for the Stonewylde gathering :lol: )

My husband had the worst disaster though...he put petrol into his work van and it has a diesel engine :shock: :oops: He has never done that before in about 30 years of driving. Cue having to call the AA,etc,etc. He ended up getting home about 2 hours late :roll:

So, did anyone else experience anything like this, or was it just a day of bad luck for my family? :lol:
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Greymalkin » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:41 pm

Now I come to think of it, I was as work that day and I remember nearly falling over twice.
I'm always tripping over my feet - being a size 12 but twice I very nearly stacked it.
Greymalkin

Postby Queen OF Swords » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:45 pm

*hugs* to you seasprite - what a day.

Thankfully I had a trouble-free Equinox and feel a lot more "in tune" now but I do know that it can be a time of mayhem for some, as Mercury goes retrograde -

http://owlsdaughter.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... -owls.html
Queen OF Swords

Postby solsticedreamer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:26 pm

mine too was uneventful and funnily became less disconnected and more in tune with myself :) felt good after three months of chaos :D
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Re: Equinox energies?

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:09 pm

sea sprite wrote:I know it was a few days ago, but did anyone else have an Autumn Equinox that was full of mishaps?

I had several: one involved a bit of a nappy disaster and as we use washable nappies it had to be dealt with 'head on' as it were :lol: Next, I was making rice pudding and it bolied over all over the cooker, down the door, onto the floor :x At tea time I was feeding Robin some of the rice pudding (not that which had been ont floor!), at which point he gagged and then brought up half his tea :( :roll: (might be best if I don't volunteer to cook for the Stonewylde gathering :lol: )

My husband had the worst disaster though...he put petrol into his work van and it has a diesel engine :shock: :oops: He has never done that before in about 30 years of driving. Cue having to call the AA,etc,etc. He ended up getting home about 2 hours late :roll:

So, did anyone else experience anything like this, or was it just a day of bad luck for my family? :lol:

we used to use terry nappies (the olduns will know) and one was flushed down the loo by accident, how many has done that, almost everyone I tell.

the fuel episode you will be surprised how many people do it, trouble is modern cars are not like the old one where you could dilute the fuel and just drive until you needed to fill gain, you will be surprised how many diesel cars in wales smell like a chip shop (running on veg oil) and they say Kernow is full of pirates :P

I have had what seems like weeks of things not going to plan, now it is all fitting together and a great time of year. Trees changing colour, cool days/nights and getting dark early.

Sea sprite, you could always make sand “witches” :P don’t worry. Things can only get better for you :wink:
[/img]
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby nikki/tony » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:39 pm

i to had a bad day on a.e glad you asked this thought it was just me!hubbys work desided there not paying shift bonus for the forseable future,large chunk of our income gone!one of my neighbours collapsed,my son was there when it happened an had to call ambulance so was really upset.then police turned up at hubbys work as one of our friends had gone missing !all on the equinox usally love this time?!oh weve done the deasil thing too , :lol: they realy should put up a big neon sign,its so easily done :wink:
wytchwood
nikki/tony

Postby kit » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:27 pm

We've done the diesel thing too (on our way to the airport for Amsterdam last March - missed the plane!). It's so easily done, especially when you have two cars taking different fuels.

I had a lovely Equinox with no mishaps, just a wonderful peaceful day at Avebury wearing my special new necklace. I felt grounded and at peace with the world. Sorry to hear of others' disasters. Especially nappies! Don't let me even start on nappies (two of mine in nappies at same time, terries, endless buckets of soaking, stinking nappies, no washing machine, boiling them on stove, wringing them out to drip over floor, raw hands from wringing ... I TOLD you not to let me start on nappies!). :x
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Kit, these young uns dont know they are born with disposables do they.
We only had one at a time in nappies (no :roll: not that we were mean, they were different ages :lol: ) so i can only imagine having your boys to sort out and keep going it was a full time job i know.
I really do understand having boiled and washed them by hand too, but its all good fun.

trouble with fuel these days is the diesel dont smell like it used to so you have no idea esspecially if your colour blind like my mates was and filled up, with the wrong fuel.

just going to email

x

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:22 pm

I was a terries mum too - disposables were just taking hold then. I liked having a nappy bucket but I used degradable liners which made flushing much easier... :wink:

My neice and nephew were in disposables but now mums are on about the 'new' eco nappies - which are just shaped terries like the old days... sigh! :roll:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby sea sprite » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:24 pm

Robin is in the shaped terries. I tried him with traditional terries when he was tiny, but even at that age his legs were constantly kicking and the nappy would unravel... :roll: The ones we use are shaped like a disposable, but lovely and fluffy and soft :D I use flushable liners too Sujee, it does make things a bit easier, but some morings I do wish that we used disposables :lol: That said, I like feeling virtuous about us saving on landfill (and we save loads of money too :D )
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby faery » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:57 pm

As far as I recall my day was fairly uneventful. The only annoyance was with myself cos I didn't have time to do any baking over the weekend.
The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon...but it's echo lasts a great deal longer...
faery

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:58 am

dont worry you still have sunday to bake, giving me the erge now to make a loaf for the morning, wake up to a nice smell filling the house :lol:

we bought a george forman fat lean maching thingy and done a few bacon/egg/beans/cheese & sausage toasties, mmmmm they are so nice we almost ran out of bread.
We had the healthy option and used brown seeded bread so it wasnt all fat :roll:
Anyway i can work it off when i go looking for nuts :lol: (if the rain stops a little)

Carprimulgidae

Postby faery » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:16 am

chuckles.....my sis has one of those George Foreman jobs.....don't think she's ever used it!! For myself....if it's gonna be bacon butties -which I don't give in to very often- then the fat stays on :twisted: :P :lol: :lol:
The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon...but it's echo lasts a great deal longer...
faery

Postby Moongoddess » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:26 am

It's a fallacy....the fat doesn't make you fat :shock:
I've spent years eating a low fat diet and being over weight. In Feb of this year I started a low carb diet....similar to the Atkins, but not as many restrictions. I'm loving it, don't feel like i'm on a diet at all, and the best part about it.....lost *3 stone* :shock: :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Moongoddess » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:27 am

...............forgot to mention. I have a cooked breakfast EVERY morning :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Next

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff