Cleansing crystals

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Cleansing crystals

Postby sea sprite » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:16 am

I hope one of you knowledgable lot can help me :D

I have a piece of rose quartz in Robin's room and it's long overdue for a cleanse. I know that this can be done in mineral/spring water and full moonlight. My mum has a little stream running through her garden, so would it be ok to collect some of that water and cleanse the rose quartz in that? How long should a crystal be left in water :?: :?

sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sujee » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:30 pm

What you can also do is leave the crystal immersed in the actual stream for about 5 minutes - then the water will carry away the old or negative energies which have built up. If you are worried about losing it then place it in a washing machine tablet bag first and tie some string to make a handle.

Otherwise, you could leave it in the water overnight in the light of the next full moon.

Blessings xx
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby creature » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:32 pm

I love Rose Quartz.

You can leave it over night in water or run the water over the crystal for a few seconds. I have also buried them in soil if you have a garden over night under a full moon.
As long as you project your intention of cleansing when you handle the crystal then it will be ok. You could also hold it in the stream at you mums house and let the flowing water cleanse it. If its an emergency and you havent got time to wait for a full moon you can hold it under the running tap for a min after sprinkling it with sea salt and then pass it through insence and a flame

Another little tip is to leave a glass of water out on your window ledge inside, on a Full Moon, over night and then drink it in the morning. It will cleanse you inside and refresh you spiritually.

I could babble on about crystals for hours!!!

:lol:
love and light and magic
creature

Postby Leanne » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:13 pm

I dont have a stream etc near here, so i leave a container out on rainy days, and cleanse my crystals in rain water at full moon.

Sometimes, if Ive been to chalice well gardens recently, i will use spring water from there.
Leanne

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Thanks for starting this tread, about time we had a crystal posting. Think i will do mine with a full moon but how long for :?: I dont want to leave it out as I will probably be up in some place where there is no light pollution so any help would be welcome :wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby sea sprite » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:34 am

Thanks everyone :D I'll do a 'recce' of the stream and see if there is a suitable spot to leave it for 5 minutes. I like the idea of the old energies being carried away with the stream :D
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Greymalkin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:34 pm

All good advice, another way of cleasning crystals if you don't live near water (like me) is to completely cover the crystal with salt.
This can mean problems if it's a large piece of crystal because you'll have to use a lot of salt but I have found also that 'washing' them in salt can be just as good.

Just as a point of interest, do you know how to charge your crystals once they are cleansed?
Greymalkin

WARNING

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Before anyone rushes off to the nearest stream make sure your crystal is not Selenite like mine or it will dissolve or break apart, depends on the crystal itself. Didn’t see that mentioned here yet so check first what you got.

bit of cut/pasting;
Selenite can be brittle and may dissolve when wet. It is therefore advisable to use a method of crystal cleansing that doesn't involve water.

see link for more details:- [url]http://www.crystalwellbeing.co.uk/lookingaftercrystals.php
[/url][/i]
Last edited by Carprimulgidae on Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carprimulgidae

WARNING

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Before anyone rushes off to the nearest stream make sure your crystal is not Selenite like mine or it will dissolve or break apart, depends on the crystal itself. Didn’t see that mentioned here yet so check first what you got.

bit of cut/pasting;
Selenite can be brittle and may dissolve when wet. It is therefore advisable to use a method of crystal cleansing that doesn't involve water.

see link for more details:- [url]http://www.crystalwellbeing.co.uk/lookingaftercrystals.php
[/url][/i]

Carprimulgidae

Read this

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:04 pm

bit of cut/pasting;

[/url][/i]

Carprimulgidae

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Greymalkin - here's the site I find really useful with info on charging crystals :D

http://www.mysticalblaze.com/MagickCrystalsCharge.htm
where the willow weeps tears of diamond
and the oak bleeds pearls of dew
I have often dreamed there....
have you?

http://wherethewildrosesgrow.co.uk
wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:17 pm

why is there no text coming out on my post :roll:

Carprimulgidae

BEWARE

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:19 pm

:!: Selenite can be brittle and may dissolve when wet. It is therefore advisable to use a method of crystal cleansing that doesn't involve water :!:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Moongoddess » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Other Crystal that do not like water are:
Halite, Selenite, Turuoise - Lapis Lazuli is porous, can be dip into water, but not soaked and must be dried after and Malachite only in cool water.

Crystals that are light sensitive:
Amethyst & Rose Quartz may fade, Turquoise may dry out and fade

Crystals that are heat sensitive:
Amethyst made fade, Quartz may fracture with sudden temperature changes, also Malachite avoid sudden temperature change, Lapis Lazuli avoid high heat, Tourmaline high heat alters colour, Turquoise sensitive to all heat

:D
Moongoddess

Postby Greymalkin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:32 pm

wherethewildrosesgrow wrote:Greymalkin - here's the site I find really useful with info on charging crystals :D

http://www.mysticalblaze.com/MagickCrystalsCharge.htm

LOL! Thanks wildroses but I was offering to explain how to charge them rather than asking how. :lol:
Greymalkin

Next

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff