Samhain Plans........

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Postby creature » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:47 am

What a great invite.

We would have loved to come but we are seeing our friends band that night. I will be dressing up though as a fairy.

Have a spookilly wicked time!!!

Love
Bekki
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
love and light and magic
creature

Postby Taz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:13 pm

Sounds great, hope it goes well and thanks for the invitation, although I won't be able to make it either!
:D
X
Taz

Postby sea sprite » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:52 pm

I wish I could attend an event or something today, but I can't. We will have the usual trick or treaters around, which might keep Robin awake...

I have thought of something I can do this evening though-my cousin would like some photos of her mum (my auntie that died recently) as she doesn't have many recent ones. I know there are several in our wedding album, so I will go through that tonight and pick out the photos to send to her. There are also a lot of my dad, so this will be a good way to remember him and my auntie as well as thinking about other people I know that have passed.
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sujee » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:04 pm

How are your knees Sea Sprite?

Unofrtunately, I could not make the party either... :cry: I shall spend some time in meditation if I get some peace and quiet and have a Goddess Workshop tomorrow to go to which should be good. A bit nervous as I won't know anyone there but then we might all be in teh same boat so probably will be a good time had! :D

Samhain Blessings xxx
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:08 pm

Have a great time everyone, at least we have it dry tonight, just keep warm if your in fancy dress :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Greymalkin » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:12 am

Just finished our ritual and am now sitting here getting a little tipsy on the left-over Elderberry Wine.

BLESSED SAMHAIN EVERYONE!!!!
Greymalkin

Postby MISTYCAT » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:48 am

I had a lovely Samhain, cooked a special meal for me and my hubby, who has been away all week. Had all my pumpkin, witch and ghost candles going. Carved a pumpkin for the front door step which attracted loads of Trick or Treaters which I love!!

Also had a yummy Pumpkin Pie for pudding!!
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Postby Ebany » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:09 am

My Samhain didn't work out quite the way I'd planned it. I decided that I'd go to the lake behind my house and do my own sort of ritual by the water. Got my bits together, jumped on the bicycle but was soon confronted with all the village youth who'd organised a "ghost hunt" - great fun for them, but little privacy for me!! I must admit that I couldn't resist letting rip with a couple of wolf howls as soon as I was out of sight - well, I can't be a complete spoilsport can I???
Anyway, I went on further, well away from them, and instead of physically putting a ritual together, I just took the time to quietly contemplate. I then poured out some of the ginger mede I'd brought and drank a heartfelt toast to my ancestors, family and friends, old, new and in the future.
This all felt right, so I am content that I have celebrated in my own way. I have celebrated the various festivals together with others on several occaisions but find that working solo can also be very fulfilling.
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Greymalkin » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:20 pm

Ebany wrote:I have celebrated the various festivals together with others on several occaisions but find that working solo can also be very fulfilling.

I agree 100%.

I love the little get togethers I have with my friends at the festivals but I also love the solitary work I do as well.

And when it comes to spellwork I don't think I could do that with others anyway.
Greymalkin

Postby MISTYCAT » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:47 pm

Ebany, sounds lovely - I bet the lake is eerie at night!! [smilie=msn_bat.gif]

No doubt the ghost hunters were happy to have 'heard an owl!!' [smilie=eusa_pray.gif]
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Postby Ebany » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:10 pm

actually, the kids had a few adults with them, and I'm really hoping that they were all scratching their heads and trying to figure which one of them had decided to do a bit extra!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: That'll teach them to make a noise while I'm trying to do a serious ritual..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Beantighe » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:38 am

It's lovely to hear about the good times you all had.

I was feeling absolutely exhausted after being out food shopping nearly all day. The shops were manic and I could hardly move. By the time I got home and unpacked everything, I hardly had enough energy to get the tea. The whole evening was as quiet as the grave. Not even any trick-or-treaters to be heard in our street, and hubby watching telly all evening. We've had a freezing cold week with a biting wind, and neither of us felt like going out, so we went to bed earlier than usual just to get warm.

I find it so hard to get motivated when it's just me on my own and no-one to celebrate with.

xx
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Greymalkin » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:19 am

Now I would have thought there were plenty of pagans in Devon.

Anyway Beantighe, why do you need other people to do something? I practiced alone for many years and would be quite happy to do so again if need be.
Greymalkin

Postby kit » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:50 am

Seawitch I do hope your party went well - do tell us all about it! Beantighe I sympathise - however much it means to you, it's hard to get motivated if you're cold and tired. I saw on another thread that you suffer from the cold, and so do I. I really can't do much at all when I'm cold. Like you I'd love to go into hibernation for the winter - from Samhain till the Spring Equinox would do me. Not full hibernation - just cuddled up warm with snacks to keep me going!

My Samhain was very quiet (in the celebratory sense) as we had a visit from family arranged at the last minute. I couldn't do anything private, even though everyone would have been sympathetic to my needs, but I did spend five minutes in the door way (well wrapped up of course) gazing at the stars and think of my departed loved ones. Very low-key but it still meant a lot to me.

Have you all read my latest blog about Samhain? I've had a couple of comments already but it's always good to hear others' opinions. I realise I may be a bit controversial about what I said re trick and treat stuff. I know some of you like it. I'm going to post an extra blog on this I think as I've had some more thoughts about it. :roll:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:35 pm

kit wrote: I did spend five minutes in the door way (well wrapped up of course) gazing at the stars and think of my departed loved ones. Very low-key but it still meant a lot to me.

That is exactly what I done, I made a mug of tea and went out the garden late, looking up at all the stars on a clear cold night. It worked out great and was not planned, tell you more another time.

:wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

PreviousNext

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff