Samhain Plans........

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Samhain Plans........

Postby Taz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:54 am

Hi all, what plans do you have for Samhain?
:D
X
Taz

Postby Midge » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:33 am

Hi Taz,

I'll most probably be at my sisters. But I sometimes I write a poem and also get my tarot out. I also have a crystal ball I like to get out for the occasion. Just wish I could 'see' with it. :roll:
Midge

Postby Sujee » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:06 pm

Dunno yet what I am doing on 31st - something I am sure but no firm plans.

On the 1st I am off to a Goddess Workshop in Newbury which is being run by a local High Priestess so will be taking my Stonewylde cards to hand out there :wink:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Greymalkin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:33 am

There seems to be a lot of 'Goddess workshops' going on. When will people realise they are pretty much useless unless accompanied by a 'God workshop' as well?
Yes, yes I know it's all about women reclaiming the feminity in the divine and all that but the whole point of paganism is recognising that one cannot exist without the other.
At least that what I was taught.
Greymalkin

Postby Sujee » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:21 am

Very fair comment Gretmalkin, I was wondering that myself the other day - he is rather neglected! :?

I shall ask when I am there and see what they say. Trouble is, you don't see many God Workshops advertised - maybe you should run one - I would come!! :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Seawitch » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:03 am

I've organised a huge Halloween party for around 120 people - fancy dress of course. Used to hold it at home, but last year we were like sardines with just 20 people, so decided I needed somewhere larger this year and have hired somewhere very special on the Dorset coast.

Should be a good evening, with a rock band, tarot reader, and a few spooky goings on to surprise everyone. Most of the guests are non-pagan, so it won't be specifically a Samhain celebration - but I'll probably have a solitary ritual afterwards. (Don't worry Kit - I'll try not to repeat my Highland antics!)

Seawitch
x
As I reeled the fish in and watched him struggle for breath, I realised his life was just as important to him as mine was to me. (Paul McCartney)
Seawitch

Postby Sujee » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:11 am

Ooh, what terrific fun Seawitch! What band are you getting? a local one or something special?!

I hope everyone has a smashing time (I am sure they will) and all goes well. :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Greymalkin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:29 am

Ahhh now that would be good, a God workshop. :D

I would have us all paint ourselves with woad and run naked round the forest yelling at the top of our lungs.
Time to get back in touch with the wild beast inside.
Greymalkin

Postby MISTYCAT » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:12 pm

Seawitch, your party sounds fab!! Wish I lived near you (now I'm inviting myself to your party tee hee!!) :oops:

I don't know what I will do.....I will most certainly decorate the house up, carve some Jack O Lanterns for the front door step to lure the Trick or Treaters - unlike most, I love the children coming round in their outfits. I think it is a shame that so many people dislike them calling. They're on the whole quite harmless - its the teenagers that are probably the ones to watch out for.

I went into Asda the other day and they have a great Halloween aisle - they are selling besoms in there for 60p!! I couldn't believe it, they're not full size kitchen brooms, they're just under a metre high but they're really well made and cute. I have bought two, one of which is a permanent feature above my kitchen door and the other sits on the stairway at the top.

I'd like to get to know other like-minded people in my area as I'd like to celebrate this and other sabbats with others, but how on earth does one go about asking people :cry: I'd love to find a coven too - think that would go a long way to developing me, but its not the sort of thing you see advertised is it, so I've no idea where to start looking. If anyone has any tips, or is a coven member and can give me some guidance please do tell. PM me if you prefer to keep it hush.

Anyway whatever I do, it will be a good night as its my favourite sabbat.
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Postby Moongoddess » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:47 pm

Greymalkin said

I would have us all paint ourselves with woad and run naked round the forest yelling at the top of our lungs.
Time to get back in touch with the wild beast inside.

Oooo Greymalkin :shock: Please let us know when and where, and I'll be perched up a tree with my camera :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Samhain, we usually get together with friends for a fancy dress party. Last year I bought lots of treats for the kids........and no one came :( :(
Moongoddess

Postby Greymalkin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:02 pm

Where in Essex are you Mistycat?
Greymalkin

Postby Kas » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:30 pm

I'm off to Salmesbury Hall near Preston with two others for a ghost investigation evening. I've always wanted to visit this place, but it's always been closed whenever I've been, so this is a good way of seeing the place. There's either going to be a psychic, medium or clairvoyant there, or all three! I'm not entirely sure what the difference between them is. A tour of the place while we hear about the ghost stories, and a bit of history too, which I'm looking forward to. I love to hear the history of places. I think the experts will have equipment with them, and we get a meal and a seance at the end of the night. Then on the 1st, it's a fancy dress night at Rivington Barn near us. An excellent night, with fab music and band. It's like walking into a horror scene :lol:
Kas

Postby Greymalkin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:56 pm

Kas wrote:There's either going to be a psychic, medium or clairvoyant there, or all three! I'm not entirely sure what the difference between them is.

A psychic is somebody who 'picks up' on and 'reads' energy be it the energy of a person, place or object.
A Medium is somebody who can communicate with the dead and relay messages back and forth.
Clairvoyancy is one of the skills a Medium may have. There's Clairvoyance, Clairaudience, Clairsentience etc., and they all mean 'Clear seeing' 'Clear hearing' and 'Clear sensing'.
Most good Mediums use all the 'Clairs' when they work and most are Psychic as well.
Last edited by Greymalkin on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greymalkin

Postby Kas » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Thankyou Greymalkin, that makes it a lot clearer now. I'll have to see who's there, but now I have a better idea of what they can do. :)
Kas

Postby MISTYCAT » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:18 pm

Greymalkin wrote:Where in Essex are you Mistycat?

Greymalkin, I am in Harwich which is north Essex near the Suffolk border. Whys that, do you think you might know of something for me? I can travel. :D
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Next

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff