Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Postby sea sprite » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Wow Daffodil :D That is stunning! You look great :D
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sujee » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:51 pm

Amazing outfit!! Did you make it or did you find it in a brilliant shop?
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Ebany » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:56 pm

Wow Daffodil - I was always a bit stuck on the idea of Stonewylde wenches but suddenly see that there are other possibilities......... :D :D
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Sujee » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:11 pm

See Kit?? I told you.....! :roll: :lol: :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Daffodil » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:59 am

Thank you for the lovely comments - I feel all girlish and silly now :oops:

The dress was made for me by a brillant bridal shop in Eastham. They were bored of the same old ivory frocks and when I told them my ideas they got really excited and I just knew they had to be the people to make it.

I made my own head dress, the wings were made for me by Sparkle the Fairy and my roses are made by The Leather Rose company.

As for the boots - they were the first thing I bought when me and Chunky got engaged and they were off eBay from Poland. About £45 I think and they do them in black as well.

I am so glad you all like my fairy dress. I wonder if Chunky will mind me wearing it to the gathering. I always said I wanted to wear it again and again. Let's hope I can still get in it by next year then!
Daffodil

Postby cornmother » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:02 pm

Daffodil wrote: Wow! dressing up on Saturday night.
I love dress up. I am very exciting after reading this thread. My favourite outfit is a fairy but I I am usually up for anything. I may have mentioned before that I wore a fairy outfit for my wedding.

Daffodil, that outfit was stunning! Yes please, do wear it at the Gathering!
Did all your wedding guests dress up as fairies? Did any of you see the series Jam and Jerusaleum on the telly? (at least, I think it was in that) and the best scene ever (possibly the only good thing about the whole series) was the very end, when actress Sue Johnston's (can't remember what her part was) daughter had a handfasting in a wood, and all the guests came with fairy wings on - it was brilliant!

CM
Last edited by cornmother on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby sea sprite » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:21 pm

I saw that CM-it was lovely :D I would have quite liked something like that, but we had a wonderful wedding at Pendennis Castle and I wore a bright purple dress :D We had just the wedding we wanted and lots of our guests told us it was the best wedding they'd been too as it was a bit different :D
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Postby Daffodil » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi CM, yes I saw that episode too - it was amazing. Quite a few people wore wings to my wedding, but not everyone.

My two step daughters had long purple dresses on and matchings wings and headdresses too. Chunky wore his black combats, magnum boots and a black t-shirt I bought him from Matalan the day before the wedding. The phrase 'start as you mean to go on' comes to mind!

I forgot to say that my skirt was detachable, so in the evening I removed the back of it and had like a tutu type skirt and changed my boots for white cowboy boots - it was such a relief because my feet were killing me.

We did a jive as our first dance and it was proper fantastic. :D
Daffodil

Postby sea sprite » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:51 pm

Sounds like you had it all worked out, Daffodil :D

I used to look longingly at the dresses on this site when we were planning our wedding. If money were no object I would definitely have commissioned one :D

http://www.uptight-clothing.co.uk/indexFrameset.htm
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Postby Daffodil » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Wow - I just had a look at that website sea sprite, they are amazing. I love the tiaras too. I have been learning how to make these recently. I made one for my hen night out of pink and white crystals and silver wire.
Daffodil

Postby sea sprite » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:59 pm

They're stunning aren't they? *sigh* I've been looking at the site in detail again too. I could never have justified that price for a dress though-only if we were millionaires :lol: I can see why thay charge so much though, as it must be a real labour of love to make them. Some of the purple dresses are a very similar colour to my wedding dress, but that cost less than a tenth of those and it was made to measure :D
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Postby cornmother » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:51 pm

Hi Sea Sprite (and any other Cornish maids)

I nipped over to Porth, near Newquay, today to the Kernowkopia festival being held at the Sands Resort. Lots of lovely things there, including some great dresses, cloaks, even stuff for little people - and lots going on. It's on tomorrow and Sunday, with some workshops still being held on Monday. Something to do on a Saturday? with a quick run on Porth Beach in the afternoon? (well, um, not if it's still winding and blowing like it is now!)

More details on www.kernowkopia.co.uk

CM
cornmother

Postby Sujee » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:07 pm

Oh, I wish I was there too. I know that area quite well but did not know about this festival weekend. Is it there every year CM?
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Kernowkopia

Postby cornmother » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:59 am

Hi Sujee

Sorry for the late reply - if you miss a day or two on the forum, things get buried!

In actual fact, I should have really posted on Carp's all singing and dancing Festivals and Gatherings thread (sorry, Carp!) - so I'll post your reply on there.......

working on it.......

talk amongst yourselves for a minute or two....

CM
cornmother

Previous

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff