Witchfest International

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Postby Beantighe » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:24 pm

Those fairy dresses were gorgeous, weren't they?

Someone give me a huge injection of shoe-leather up the posterior to give me the impetus to start sewing again!

I would still create more outfits for myself, but the trouble is, I don't really have anywhere to wear them to nowadays. And before you deafen me about the Gathering, I've already got an outfit to wear for that, lol!! :lol:

It's not only the prices, although they do seem reasonable for something made to measure by hand, but usually I have great difficulty in getting my size if it's off the peg, as I'm not only on the generous side, shall we say, but also I'm only 5ft tall, and I'd have to walk on stilts with most things, as they're so long!! :shock: I think they should do a reduction for little people, as we don't take up so much yardage! :lol:

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:30 pm

Ooh Creature, I am off to Glastonbury at the end of this month... Well, going to Street first but I have wangled a visit to Glasto too! Will go to the Magick Box and look for her stuff!!

Beantighe, I am only 5 3" and trousers adn the like always drag the ground on me, that is why I like the cloaks on the Merry Meet website - they cut them to fit each person ordering! Yay!

The Dolmen were fab, so much better than the CD I have! Apparently they are arranging a Camp next year at teh start of May, does anyone know anything about it?
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:57 pm

I've heard so much about the Dolmen, but have never got to hear them yet. I was so angry earlier this year, as I used to be on a local Druid board. They were all gushing about what a great time they'd had at a Dolmen gig, which was the first time the Dolmen had played anywhere near enough for me to get to - it was only a bus ride away - and nobody thought to tell me about it! :x :x :x I'm an ex-member of that board now! [smilie=msn_teeth.gif]
Beantighe

Postby kit » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:08 am

I imagine you as much taller than 5'3" Sujee! How come you look about a foot taller than me in our picture at Avebury? I'm 5'3" and we're not the same in that photo? :?:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Ebany » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:55 am

I'd noticed that too Kit - I was going to ask Sujee about that but youbeat me to it!!! :) :) :)
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Sujee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:53 pm

I think it was the way the stone curved around - I was on the corner and had my feet on the little bank of earth at the base. You were to my left so I think it is all camera angles! I have never looked so tall!

Next time I shall crouch down! :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Taz » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:35 pm

:D
Sounds like those who went had a great time :lol: !
The last time I went to WF I have to say that it wasn't my cup of tea: loads of teenagers wandering around, bent low under the weight of huge pentacles, intoning solemnly (and very loudly :wink: ) about their impressive 'magickal workings' :roll: and looking around to see who was listening........then getting louder when the older folk in earshot didn't take any notice. The workshops were ok as were the speakers but the egomania and the boasting of magikal exploits were everywhere - I have not been back since.
This was several years ago and maybe I was being grouchy that day (!): perhaps I'll give it another go!
:lol:
Taz

Postby Beantighe » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:01 pm

That sounds about right, Taz! That's why I can't bear those sorts of gatherings. Too full of wannabees. My kind of witch goes round in a raincoat and wellies in the mud and has twigs in her hair!!! :wink:

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby sea sprite » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:30 pm

Oh dear, that sounds like me on a particularly bad day, Beantighe :D :lol: :lol: :oops:

I looked like a drowned rat when I got in today as pushing a pushchair makes umbrella use virtually impossible :roll: My hair was plastered to my head and I could barely see a thing through my glasses. At least Robin was warm and dry :roll: :lol:
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sujee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:02 pm

True Taz, you get all sorts there! The ones who are attracted because it is 'different' or makes them feel as though they are in Charmed or The Craft, the fairies, Goths, 'Vampires' and folk who look like they are on thier way to Sainsburys!

I was in jeans and t shirt this year. Never 'dressed up' but do like to look nice if I am going for an interesting day out!

I just carry on doing my own thing there, I do listen to what others are saying but ignore any bitchiness.

It is one of the first places I found for talks and meeting like minds but will try the Beltane Bash or Halloween Bash next year instead I think! What are they like?
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Taz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:07 pm

Beantighe wrote:That sounds about right, Taz! That's why I can't bear those sorts of gatherings. Too full of wannabees. My kind of witch goes round in a raincoat and wellies in the mud and has twigs in her hair!!! :wink:

Love Beantighe

Sounds familiar :lol: :lol:
xxx
Taz

Postby kit » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm a wellies, twigs and mud sort of person myself. But I must admit I do like glitter, pretty things and exotic outfits too! Best of both worlds really. I suppose it's just that for some people, it's style before substance. What you need is a bit of both. As in most things in life - balance.

But I am hoping for the Stonewylde Saturday night party at the Gathering, those who enjoy dressing up will be able to wow us all! It'll be great to dress up in bizarre and exotic things and not feel silly. And those who want to hold onto their twigs and leaves and earthy look will feel equally at home and beautiful. :D I'm working on Mr B and the Green Man look, but I think he's more enamoured with a jodhpurs and riding boots Magus-type style!! :lol: :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:35 pm

mmmmm :wink: men in riding boots :shock: think Mr. Darcy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
where the willow weeps tears of diamond
and the oak bleeds pearls of dew
I have often dreamed there....
have you?

http://wherethewildrosesgrow.co.uk
wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:37 pm

glittery wellies, silver twigs and dead sea mud - how much more glamorous could that be!!!! :wink:
where the willow weeps tears of diamond
and the oak bleeds pearls of dew
I have often dreamed there....
have you?

http://wherethewildrosesgrow.co.uk
wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby Taz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:50 pm

Sujee wrote:True Taz, you get all sorts there! The ones who are attracted because it is 'different' or makes them feel as though they are in Charmed or The Craft, the fairies, Goths, 'Vampires' and folk who look like they are on thier way to Sainsburys!

I was in jeans and t shirt this year. Never 'dressed up' but do like to look nice if I am going for an interesting day out!

I just carry on doing my own thing there, I do listen to what others are saying but ignore any bitchiness.

It is one of the first places I found for talks and meeting like minds but will try the Beltane Bash or Halloween Bash next year instead I think! What are they like?

Yes it takes all sorts, and what a tedious place this world would be if we were all the same :shock: :wink: .
There was, perhaps, an element of 'them' and 'us' I suppose with folk either in their finery or in everyday clothes: the latter generally being the more 'mature' :wink: person, with the young lovelies doing the wafting.
Maybe I was being ageist :oops: but the phrase 'wannabe' as mentioned by Beantighe was definitely appropriate for some individuals as well as the 'my athame is bigger than yours' :wink: mentality and the 'oh you can't be a REAL witch unless you join our coven/wear velvet/have a crystal chalice/wear a pentacle/become vegetarian/die your hair black/ etc etc etc' :roll: brigade.
I love a bit of 'dressy uppy' and bling and I have been known to salivate when pressing my face up against the window :lol: of 'The Goddess and The Green Man' in Glastonbury, but I'm just as likely to be wearing jeans for a ritual as I am to be wearing a cloak and probably like many folk, if I haven't got my 'tools' with me I make do with what's around me. It's great when you find somewhere that seems to tick all the right boxes, somewhere that you can go to and feel free from restrictions, especially if you have to still live in the broom closet, as so many of us have to do. I was so looking forward to WF, couldn't wait to chat to other Pagans and maybe link in with folk who lived near me. I was very disappointed when I got there and it just hasn't drawn me since. Maybe it was just me being an old bat - highly likely at times :lol: :wink: :lol: . So maybe I need to give it another go at some point .
The Halloween Festival and the Beltane Bash have apparently been, up until now at least, a bit more like popping to the shops, although some folk do dress up (a certain person on here wore some very fetching antlers last year with his Beltane atire :lol: ) - I didn't go to the last one as I was too late getting back from Exmoor so can't comment on how it was. It might be worth giving it a go for Beltane Sujee, maybe those who fancy it could meet up beforehand if they're on their own?
BB
XXX
Taz

PreviousNext

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff