Witchfest International

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Witchfest International

Postby Sujee » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi all! I am going to Witchfest next Saturday and I know Mistycat is going too - is anyone else attending? We could have an informal Moot if we can arrange when and where to meet!! Will be easier once the programme for the day is published as we can do it around the workshops then.

Will be in my t shirt by day so keep your eyes open! :lol:
P.S. bring any of Kit's cards you may have too - let's blitz 'em!! :twisted:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Ebany » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Sujee - I'm expecting you to try and top the photo's that I published of me in my t-shirt at the Halloween Bash!! I mean, we already know that the t-shirt suits you, makes you look even cuter!!!!!! 8) 8) :P :P :P
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Sujee » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:15 pm

Trouble is, I do not think cameras are allowed at Witchfest International unless you are official photographer :( I will check though and put mine in my bag just in case! We could all go and stand outside and take some there...

I think it is to safeguard those who are not 'open' but who knows.... :roll:

Had to edit this :lol: Being thought Cute at 41 is rather fun!! :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby creature » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:01 am

I went to the Children of Artemis Gathering and that is where I took the photo of hubby, me and Dahm the bard and Pixiedust in our T shirts. We took photos! Its all about not getting caught!!!

You dont mean any harm and everyone wants to document a great occasion.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
love and light and magic
creature

Postby Sujee » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:41 pm

Am packing my camera - just need some powerful batteries for it as it eats Duracells! Thanks for the 'heads up' creature!! :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby creature » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:21 am

Rebelling makes everything more worth while and fun! :lol:
love and light and magic
creature

Postby kit » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:27 am

Absolutely!! Nothing like breaking the rules to make you feel good! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby creature » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:30 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
love and light and magic
creature

Postby Sujee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:43 pm

Well, I had a good time at the WFI and went to a couple of lovely workshops. I went more for fun than learning this year and attended a workshop by Wendy Andrew about her new book - Luna Moon Hare. I got two copies and she signed them for me - one for me and one for my niece for Yule. Here is the link to her site - http://www.paintingdreams.co.uk/luna_moon_hare.php

She has been told by many folk to read Stonewylde so when I gave her a card she was v happy! She will bump her book to the top of her reading list but you can understand, Kit, that she is v busy promoting her first book at the moment! She will check she has Magus so she does not read them out of order!

Also went to a thought provoking talk by Rhys Chisnall and then to a wand making workshop - again to make a wand for my niece for Yule.

I gave out cards and left some in useful places (the radiator in the queue in the ladies was v successful!).

Saw Katherine Blake (looking marvellously gravid) and The Dolmen too! Got back tired but happy... :lol:
P.S. - also met a girl who makes teh most lovely clothes and she had a dress similar to the Moongazy dress which Magus gives Sylvie! Was not silver but I passed your card on to her so she can get the books and maybe create a dress for you Kit? She is called Zizzyfae but I cannot locate her website from the addy on her card = www.zizzyfae.com
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby cornmother » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:48 pm

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Try this:

http://www.zizzyfay.com/

XX
CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby Sujee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:55 pm

Well done CM! I had not noticed that I had used an 'e'!! Thank you!

Was a good time as it was not too packed there - room to move and room in all workshops too! Oh, I also went to a Border Morris workshop which was great fun but hot work! They even let us loose with big sticks!! Brave considering some had no sense of direction..... :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby kit » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:22 pm

OMG Sujee!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Those clothes!!!! I want a moongazy dress!!!! I shall have to see what can be done before the Gathering. Or a woodland dress. Or a mermaid one. Oh oh oh - they are so beautiful!

Okay, take a deep breath and calm down. Phew! Thanks so much Sujee for handing out the cards and doing your shameless promotion. You're wonderful! I've seen the Luna Hare book advertised but not seen inside it. But it looks lovely. Thank you so much, and so pleased you had a good weekend. Welcome home and get some sleep now! xxx
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Sorcha » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:10 am

I'm happy you had a good time there Sujee!!! :P :P :P Hope to be able to come to a Witchfest as well in the future! Sounds wonderful!!!!
Sorcha

Postby creature » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:53 pm

Im so glad you had a wonderful time.

The girl who makes the fairy dresses is lovely. We are thinking of commisioning some wings for our xmas window display next year. She also sells her outfits in The Magick Box in Glastonbury. We were lucky enough to meet her at the Children of Artemis Gathering.

Im so excited that you saw The Dolomen. They Rule!!! They are such genuine people too. They did a summer solstice ceremony at the top of the Spinniker tower here in Portsmouth, It was great. We are hoping to see them perform in Dorset next year.

I would love to have joined you there but Saturdays are our busiest day in our Salon.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
love and light and magic
creature

Postby kit » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Keri and Star of the Dolmen are both great Stonewylde fans, as is Keith (Keef) who sometimes helps like a sort of roadie. They're such lovely people as you say, and really talented. :D
kit

Next

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff