Yule decorations

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

Postby Sujee » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:46 pm

That sounds lovely Nikki, where did you get your stang, or did you make it yourself cos you are a very talented lady, that is for sure!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby nikki/tony » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:56 pm

hi again sujee ,yes the stang is always made by yourself different woods symbolising different things ,having different `quallitys`basicaly nothing is done to the stang other than a ritual and varnish ,so that it retains its living spirit.
wytchwood
nikki/tony

Postby Sujee » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:06 pm

What wood did you make yours from? I shall have to look for some interesting fallen branches when I am out and about next time.... I like the idea of making my own - never done anything like it before but that is how you learn - trial and error!! :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby nikki/tony » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:45 pm

mines of ash ,protective take an offering with you of milk,wine or plant food ,ask the tree for prmition to take a piece of it for use in the craft,leave offering as thanks .got to go now bedtime but ill be back tomorrow :wink:
wytchwood
nikki/tony

Postby MPoppins » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:44 pm

So a few days ago, my partner, our dog and I went out for a beautiful walk in the woods. The pond was frozen over and everything was laced in a shining frost, the midday sun melting the ice made everything twinkle; I'm sure you know what I mean. We walked for miles collecting ropes of Ivy and prickly armfuls of Holly and I have to say that I almost skipped back to the car it was so wonderful. My partner lost 20 years and reverted to the childish pleasure of snapping of ice and hurling it across the pond because it made funny noises - much to the annoyance of the already frustrated local bird life I think.

We passed by an old church on the way home and so stopped to have a look around and respectfully take some Yew cuttings. I was really looking forward to getting it all home and decorating the house. After struggling with depression recently this all felt amazingly healing. It would have been great if, on the way home, my car hadn't decided to conk out again. Aaaah!! It's only just come out of the garage as well. So already tired, we had to trudge six miles back home without all of my cuttings. Now the car is stuck miles away, the cuttings left in the boot...oh and our oven has just broken so I won't be able to cook a roast this Yule. *sticks out bottom lip*

ah well never mind :(

ps. this isn't really a ploy for sympathy, more that it just feels good to share!
Dance as though no-one is watching,
Love as though you've never been hurt,
Work to live as though there is no money,
Clap with one hand.
MPoppins

Postby Daffodil » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:29 pm

Oh dear MP it all comes at once doesn't it?

At least when you get your cuttings home they will be even more special after the wait.

I hope you get your oven and car fixed soon.

:D
Daffodil

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:31 pm

Dont worry MP, it happened for a reason and you had a great time (even the 6 mile walk) and you can site in the warm and think back with a smile.

It's great to get out and uplifting, I always feel 20 years younger when i am out with nature but when i get home i feel 20 years older :oops:
they say "pace yourself" WHY :?: if I cant do what I love they may as well shoot me now :lol:

Hope you get the car sorted, at least your cuttings are safe :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Previous

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff