My year of altars!

Discussions about festivals

Moderator: mrb

My year of altars!

Postby Felicity » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:11 am

Have a permanent space set up in my spare room and have enjoyed dressing it up this year, carrying some objects through the seasons. As Yule is the last Sabbat this year, thought I'd post my altar pics changing through the year!
Yule
Samhain
Mabon (my favourite, loved touching all the things I found outside!)
Lammas
Beltane
Ostara
Imbolc

Don't have one for Litha, but am sure it was blue!
Are we human because we gaze at the stars or do we gaze at them because we are human? And do the stars gaze back - now that's a question!
Felicity

Postby Greymalkin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:12 am

That is great, I love it! I wish I knew how to upload pictures. :(
Greymalkin

Postby Felicity » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:19 am

Gm it's easy - heh if I can do it . . .;)

First upload your piccies to Photobucket.
Then in the reply box here type in alt P and [img] will appear. Copy and paste the 'Direct link' for your photo (underneath the pic in photobucket.
Then type alt P again, if you press preview at the bottom you can check before you post![/img]
Are we human because we gaze at the stars or do we gaze at them because we are human? And do the stars gaze back - now that's a question!
Felicity

Postby Ebany » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Um - hope you don't mind, one small addition to that - if you reduce the size of your photo's so that the width is around 500 pixels, you can keep it within the format of the forum and not stretch it (as has happened a few times in the past!!).
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby kit » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:45 pm

Beautiful, Felicity - thanks so much for sharing those with us. Do you keep the festival's altar dressed until the next festival comes, or what? I think your altars are inspirational!

Greymalkin - never fear - the new forum is about to be born. Imminently. I think I'm going into labour! Kicking and screaming. But it's going to happen within the next week I think, and then you'll be able to put your photos up easily (as will I - never have learned how to do it here!). :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby sea sprite » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:22 pm

What lovely pictures Felicity :D

I don't have an altar yet :oops: I've got my chest of drawers in the bedroom earmarked for it and I've got a few bits on there, but I want to do it properly. At the moment it also has books, etc on there as I don't know where else to put them :oops:

We've got a shelf by the front door, that I could also use as that has feathers, shells, stones, bits of wood, etc on it already. I'd rather keep it somewhere a bit more private though I think.
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:06 am

sea sprite, I think i would put the shelves outside the front door witha few things on just to keep the JW's away :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Greymalkin » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:12 am

I think I'll wait for the new website, that photobucket thingy seems to complicated for simple old me.
Greymalkin

Postby Felicity » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:17 am

See I don't have the JW problem living in flats. I do have a sign on front door though which would either entice them in or scare them off:

http://www.goddessandgreenman.co.uk/pro ... here-/810/

Not to mention all the herbs hanging up! I also have been making orange pomanders for Yule - which are definitely not Christingles! I half wish they would come and call!

Yes Kit, I leave it till about 1 week before the sabbat, then I start switching the cloth over and the candles. The candlesticks stay the same and I leave my Green Man and shells for the Goddess/God. I've really felt the seasons turn this year, as I said to you before. I collected corn, berries and leaves to put on and left them up into the next Sabbat which was really nice.
Felicity

Postby Carprimulgidae » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:22 am

great little sign, i could do with one like that :lol:
not that we get bothered but it looks good.

:idea: maybe they have called but the bell has been disconnected for the last ten years :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Moongoddess » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:34 pm

What I great idea Felicity, never thought to take photo's of my altar before :!: :roll: :D
Moongoddess

Postby creature » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Your photos are wonderful. I also start to change my altar especially when i notice the changes in the seasons.

I am lucky enough to have a spare room for my altar and books. Poor hubby had no choice when we were house hunting. Although he loves our altar too.

XXXXXXXXXX
love and light and magic
creature

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:01 pm

thanks so much for sharing them with us :)

my alter is in our spare room on our window sill where i sit to do my work and generally mess around on my lap top...like now!
i am always changing it to reflect the time of year although the constant is my green man and a bowl, at the moment i have conkers and a small apple in it and holly leaves scattered around the green man.
i generally also put up the card/s i have been working with from my green man oracle.

i love the sign...swampy bought me one for in the camper which is 'dont make me get my wand out' :lol:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff