The Wheel of the Year

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

If you could attend just one Festival at Stonewylde which one would it be?

IMBOLC
4%
EOSTRE
4%
BELTAINE
26%
SUMMER SOLSTICE
13%
LAMMAS
4%
MODRON
No votes
SAMHAIN
39%
YULE
9%

Total votes : 23

Postby kit » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:43 pm

Well I'm not a natural blonde, but you know the other thing they say about blondes, and it's true - definitely more fun!! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Beantighe » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:01 pm

Well I've been blonde for the last 16 years, until I went to Superdrug just before Xmas to get my usual stuff to touch up my roots. AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! Couldn't believe it, they'd discontinued the shade I've been using for years! Had to try a different shade, and it turned my hair a horrible ashy-grey - it was 'orrible, 'orrible, 'orrible!!! :evil: I felt so dull and drab, I decided to go for it and have a complete change, so now I'm a warm, chestnutty auburn, and I have to say I'm quite happy with it, it suits my skin-tone, as I'm naturally pale. Maybe I can wear yellow now, as well. It never suited me when I was blonde, but I've always loved yellow in all its shades.

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:57 am

:lol: PD~now i bet thats just not true :wink:

my sister was born with lots of black hair :shock: but all of my mums family are dark, with wild black curly hair (think david essex :wink: oh or Yul!!!!!)

throwback me :lol:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

married to a Camilian

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:11 pm

my wife does a little colouring to keep them grey roots at bay.
about 20 years ago she couldnt get the brand she used i think at the time they change the colour?
she had to try another one but it turned out green :roll: this would look great now :lol: but 20 years ago it would have been strange :roll:
for the next 15 years she was a loverly mahogany/purple that reflected in the light until they changed the colour yet again. now she has gone a deep brown
my fav was the mahogany it looked great :wink:
Carprimulgidae

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:46 am

mmmmm purple :) have always fancied purple but i am so....pale (i was going to say transparent :lol: ) think anything dark would look odd :?
solsticedreamer

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:59 pm

it was a very deep dark sort of purple more mahogany, hard to explain :oops:
Carprimulgidae

Postby Leanne » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:11 pm

sounds just like my hair is! because its so dark brown it doesnt dye completely, but has a deep purple sheen in certain light :)
Leanne

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:54 pm

sounds lovely Leanne :)

i wish i had hair that could take other colors, i just experiment with other red things to add to the henna...spices and such...works quite well :)
solsticedreamer

Postby Beantighe » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:42 pm

Hey, SD, you've just given me an idea! Wouldn't David Essex have made a perfect Yul when he was younger? I used to think he was gorgeous then - what a pity he's too old now (tried to think of a nice way to put it, but brain's gone dead, lol!)

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Leanne » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:45 am

oh yes, he was wasnt it? :oops: ( fades away in a cloud of lustful reminiscence...) :lol:
Leanne

Postby solsticedreamer » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:52 pm

Beantighe yes he would have made a great Yul~but oh i still quite like him now :wink:

hmmmm i shall have quite a different image in my mind at my next re-read :lol:
solsticedreamer

Postby christie » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:19 pm

hmm, torn between Beltane and summer solstice. i love betane because its the first signs of leaving the depression of winter which im not too fond of, and i love the beauty that springs up around us at this time, which you appreciate so much more having not seen the beauty of spring all year. however if stonewylde were real, itd have to be the solstice so i could share the earth magic with Yul and experiece how that kind of power must feel.
christie

Postby Sujee » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:53 pm

I don't know where I have been but I had missed this thread totally until Christie posted on it today!!! :? :lol:

I was torn between Beltane (new beginnings/sap rising (in both senses)/the lovely greeness of the trees adn grass etc), Samhain as it has always fascinated me and I would like to forge deeper links with my psyche and the otheworld and Yule because I love to snuggle up in the winter and read books and learn and spend time out in the crisp coldness just knowing that the light is to return... in the end I chose beltane for the wonder and glory of nature in her prime!

As to hair - mine has been many colours over the years - blonde, ginger, red, very red, black, dark brown and pink! It is now a shade of mid brown/red as I have had it cropped the better to grow my silver through, as I fancy seeing how many grey hairs I really have a my best friend bet that I would not do it! If there is not enough, I shall dye the body of my hair again and have the wings by my ears (which are silver) dyed more silver so I have a morticia look going on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anything is better than mouse!!
x
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:45 am

Oh honey, you've painted such a vivid picture there I can just imagine you! :D

A word of warning, hon - there's a woman here (an older woman, admittedly) who has for years coloured her hair in just the way you describe, dark reddish with white wings, and I'm afraid to say she looks more like Uncle Fester! :lol: :oops: But then you're nowhere near her age, are you, and I'm sure you're much better looking - (creep, creep!!)

Don't throw missiles at me, will you? *ducks*

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Previous

Return to Stonewylde Series