Scenes for Stonewylde - the movie

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Scenes for Stonewylde - the movie

Postby Sujee » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:00 pm

I had a thought yesterday, whilst I was supposed to be working.

When (note not IF) Stonewylde is made into a series of films, I had an idea for a scene with a clue in it, for those who have not read the books.

When Magus drives Sylvie and Miranda to Stonewylde:

Sylvie is staring out of the car window, her head cushioned against the plush interior. As she takes in the sights of the countryside as they approach Stonewylde the radio is playing softly in the background. The song is 'Moon Dance' by Van Morrison... geddit?

I wondered what everyone else would think would make a good 'hint' in a scene from the film? Nothing overt but nice little reminders for those in 'the know'?

I look forward to your thoughts!!

Blessings
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

the movie

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:23 pm

The first time I read Lord Of the rings I could imagine every detail and looked forward to seeing the film. They brought one out I think in the early 80's a sort of animation thing but didnt follow on with another as far as I know.
When the new movie was being made I really looked forward to seeing it but now wish I hadnt.
To me it was far removed from the book, effects were ok if you like that sort of thing (blood & guts) but the main thing was it was nothing like I imagined. A Hobbit in my mind maybe different to what another person imagines.
I hope Stonewylde does make the big screen it would be fantastic but my imagination if far greater than any film could be.

The time I spent gazing out of the window while in a lesson at school :lol:
i used to be far away and often ended up paying for it :cry:
how bored I used to be and my mind wandering off (the view from the window was open mountain side with birds & wildlife)
only two lessons I liked, wood work & metal work in which I came first every year and it payed off, I was to be a craftsman and work hard at it all my life.

Stonewylde will always be in my head with my own version of Stones, landscape people etc. Stories are much better than films I think but that is where the big money is so for Kit's sake I hope it takes off big time :arrow:
Carprimulgidae

Postby Pixiedust » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:41 pm

I think Seth Lakeman's White Hare would make a great theme tune. I agree with Carprimulgidae though you just can't beat your imagination! My pronunciation is sometimes a bit out though for eg Hermione in Harry Potter to me will always be pronounced Her-me-own.
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby Sujee » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:12 pm

Hi Carp!
I know exactly what you mean, the mind is far more powerful than the medium of film. I saw the animated LOTR in the 80s too, in fact it is still knocking around on a betamax video somewhere..... :lol:

You can see how my mind wanders when at work! I get a tune in my head and it sticks and this time it made me think of Stonewylde. The idea of the thread was to hide clues rather than script it.

When I saw the recent LOTR films I was blown away by the effects and the sets/scenery and the acting but, as ever, things i saw as vital were cut... Same with the HP films, which has caused a great outcry amongst the younger readers, but I understand that the final film 'The Deathly Hallows' will be made as two films as this time they want to keep as much of the book in as possible.

I guess we would all like to see Stonewylde made into a film as we would imagine it, but of course that would be impossible. As long as it is what Kit would want to see that is the main thing, still it will be interesting to see what the other members may think up!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby iWitch » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Oh, I think I am the opposite to you Carprimulgidae. I found the LOTR movies exactly as I imagined them when I read them as a young child. Yes, I was sorely dissappointed by the severe edits of characters and situations, but the rest was amazingly in line with my own imagination - even Gollum was near to perfect (skin tone was a little off).

As to the Stonewylde films, I imagine Kit will keep her hand in and we will get to see exactly what she envisioned for the community. At least, I hope so. I don't think it will be much as I have set in my mind, as I am not all that familiar with Devon. As to music: thanks to the blog of Pixiedust, I found a great site to choose music and attach it to my blog and have been sifting through music and songs that appeal to this pagan heart. "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival has always been a favourite, but now I will be checking out the suggestions above, too. :D Kind of a preview until the films come out, eh?
Last edited by iWitch on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iWitch

Postby Sujee » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi iwitch

I loved Gollum in LOTR! It was an amazing creation of a character I had thought they would have great difficulty with. The shame was that the actor who played him (name escapes me) was not eligible for an Oscar as he was not 'on screen' so to speak in the actual movies. Well, that's what I heard and thought it was a crying shame.

Oh I just wish I knew some film moguls..... am obviously moving in the wrong circles!! :lol:

Blessings
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Lirazel » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:20 pm

Like you iWitch I found LOTR exactly as I'd imagined it and I still think its the best film ever made. I was exhausted after watching each of the films and was totally involved and living them as I watched.
Just remembered tho, I thought the Ents were not quite as scarey as I'd imagined but it didn't spoil the overall impact of the drama.
I am always slightly worried when books that I have loved are released as films, its always a gamble as to whether your imagination has matched the producers but I've always found it worth the risk!
'Girl with a Pearl Ear Ring' is another that was spot on for me.
Can't wait to see Stonewylde! :P
Seek, find, know...
Walk the way which lies between the worlds...
Lirazel

Postby sea sprite » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:36 pm

I've thought of a good song to use in the film: 'The Killing Moon' by Echo and the Bunnymen. I absolutely love that song. It's one of my all-time favourites. So atmospheric and with great lyrics . I think I'll have to go and have a listen to it now! :lol:

sea sprite
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby iWitch » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:09 pm

Listened to the Seth Lakeman track and think its brill! Wistful in melody, but the lyrics seem quite cool. Mind you, the track I heard faded out before the end. I'm afraid the Echo and the Bunnyman track didn't appeal. :oops: Sorry.
iWitch

Postby Pixiedust » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi Iwitch, Seth Lakemans albums are worth checking out. White Hare is from the album Freedom Fields and Kitty Jay's also fab. The Lady of the Sea from Freedom Fields is a great track. All his stuff is quite folky and based on myths and legends. :D
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby iWitch » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:51 pm

Pixiedust wrote:Hi Iwitch, Seth Lakemans albums are worth checking out. White Hare is from the album Freedom Fields and Kitty Jay's also fab. The Lady of the Sea from Freedom Fields is a great track. All his stuff is quite folky and based on myths and legends. :D

I'm enjoy dipping my toe into Folk. I listen to Folk Radio UK when I'm on the net and I caught Spiers & Boden on the Glaster coverage last year. And, for those of a mind, there is always Songs of Witchcraft and Magic compiled by the Museum of Witchcraft.
iWitch

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:12 pm

This is another good one try the link
http://www.glastonburyradio.net/#index.php
Carprimulgidae

Postby Beantighe » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:27 pm

I just bought the CD Songs of Witchcraft and Magic when I was at the Conference, iWitch. It's very good, and there's a booklet in with it which explains all about the meanings and traditions of the songs, many of which contain old spells and references to old beliefs. It's fascinating.

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby sea sprite » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:58 pm

I love Seth Lakeman's music too. My husband and I saw him play at a local summer Solstice festival a couple of years ago and he was very good. Very danceable!

sea sprite
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Lirazel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:41 pm

Thanks for that link to Folk Radio UK iWitch - excellent!
I now listen whenever I'm on the net...
Seek, find, know...
Walk the way which lies between the worlds...
Lirazel

Next

Return to Stonewylde Series