Buying!

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Buying!

Postby Qoquaq » Sat May 12, 2007 6:03 pm

Went to my local Waterstones today to buy the first book..no such luck, they had none at all!..is this going to be a problem? will my local libary stock them.
The Waterstones branch was The Galleries,Bristol.

Robin
Qoquaq

Postby custos » Tue May 15, 2007 7:02 am

Why not buy direct from Kit and get a signed copy!

Geofff
'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious'
custos

Postby mrb » Tue May 15, 2007 11:08 am

Robin,

sorry you had difficulty getting hold of a copy of Magus of Stonewylde at Waterstones, in Bristol. Through Kit's concerted efforts (and those of her fans!), takeup at Waterstones is increasing on a store by store basis.

Current options include:

(1) Borders stock UK wide and are in Bristol. Try the Science Fiction and Fantasy section.
(2) Order from Waterstones in Bristol (see if you can get them to stock it whilst you're there!!!)
(3) These Waterstones have stock:

Magus of Stonewylde
Moondance of Stonewylde

(4) Order from Amazon
(5) Order a signed copy directly from Kit at: http://www.stonewylde.com/ordering.htm

MrB
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Gggrrrrr!

Postby kit » Tue May 15, 2007 8:10 pm

That is so annoying! I've been working hard trying to get all the Waterstone's branches to stock the series. How can people discover them if they're not for sale? It's a real chicken and egg thing. Waterstones head office don't want to know until there are proven sales - but how can there be proven sales until they're in the shops? It's so very frustrating. They told me to contact each branch individually - there are 350 of them!!! I've posted details of the books with a letter, postcards etc to every branch (cost me a fortune!) and had a few responses from this. But the only really effective thing is to visit in person. So far I've managed to place the books in 21 branches. Every week I try to visit at least two, but it's time consuming and again costs a lot of money in petrol and car parks etc.

Please, Robin, go and pester your Bristol branches! If you e mail me your address via the website, I'll send you some of my postcards that you can take in (and to other book shops too if you can). I've got the most brilliant, loyal following imaginable. Readers from all over the country have asked for the postcards and have been dishing them out for me. It does help. But I'm really sorry you had difficulty getting the first book and hope you've sorted it out now. If not, as Custos said, you can order it from my website.

I'm really hoping that Waterstones will reconsider their advice and stock the books in all their branches (I'm currently waiting for a reply to another heartfelt letter I sent them!) as good old Borders have done. How can a series of books ever become a best seller if it's not for sale???? :x
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Waterstones Stock UK Wide

Postby mrb » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:56 am

Great news! Waterstones head office have decided to stock the series UK wide from head office. It'll take a few weeks for the stock to become fully available.

Now we can get on with ramping up the PR campaign throughout the summer months and beyond :D :D :D

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Postby Seaslave1 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:18 pm

Does that mean I can get it at my waterstones in Doncaster? I will go in the week before and make sure. I will order it if I have to.
Seaslave1

Postby wiccan woman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:21 am

I have just ordered the first 2 books and can't wait for them to arrive, i will be able to say who my fave person/character is once i have read them.
)O( Wiccan Woman )O(
wiccan woman

Postby Seaslave1 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:28 am

MrB, can I order Solstice at Stonewylde from you, direct (signed copy of course). I only seem to see the first two books available, and would love it to drop trought my letter box on the 31st.

hope you can oblige

Ss xx

PS Thank Kit for her lovely emails.
Seaslave1

Soon ... very, very soon!

Postby mrb » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:11 pm

Good question and one which up until now I have not been able to answer. So, sorry for the delay in replying. :oops:

We will be able to take pre-orders for the third book soon ... at the beginning of October ... Ok ... perhaps from the 8th or so. Keep checking the website and the forum. I'm sure Kit will be eager to let you all know. :roll:

NOTE: All pre-ordered books will be posted first class on 30th October. So hopefully you will have them for Samhain.

mrb

Postby Seaslave1 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:18 am

Thanks MrB and Kit for the email. Will definitely be there on the 8th.

MM

Seaslave xx
Seaslave1

Printing In Progress

Postby mrb » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:47 am

Take a look at the news and events page on the Stonewylde site. It shows some pictures of Solstice at Stonewylde being printed and Kit's visit to the printers to see the first covers coming off the machine. All very exciting! :lol: There is even a small bit of video showing the covers being printed :!:

You can go directly to news and events here ...

http://www.stonewylde.com/events.htm

mrb

Postby Taz » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:20 am

I have just been on to Amazon to put some reviews on and there are quite a few already :D !
The Stonewylde 'word' is getting out there, lets keep up the pressure 8) !
BB
Sarah
xxx
Taz

Postby iWitch » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:24 pm

Taz wrote:The Stonewylde 'word' is getting out there, lets keep up the pressure 8) !

I've posted reviews at LT and the forums of which I am a member.
iWitch

Thank you!

Postby kit » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:12 pm

Thank you everyone!! You're all lovely xxxxxx
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

order them in

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:13 pm

I called in waterstones at cribbs causeway to see if they had any stonewylde books in stock. They had moondance but only 1 which is a shame because its the 2nd in series and folk want to start on the first.
I asked them to get them all in stock & i would be back in 2 weeks, they dont know i already got them so I hope someone gets a few christmas prestents :D

also ordered them in local librairy so everyone can get into Stonwylde.

of course you can always order from Kit but still ask shops to get them in so more can see them on shelves. With striking covers they are winners and a must read (but WE all know that) :lol: :lol:
Carprimulgidae

Next

Return to Stonewylde Series