Helix Tree

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Postby Ebany » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:25 am

Thanx for the link - they really are good! Actually, looking at the cards, I'm pretty suure they've been used a few times in Pagan Dawn - though I could be wrong - it wouldn't be the first time.......
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby kit » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:26 am

I'm going to phone my sister and tell her to read this thread - she'll be so pleased. She's HelixTree, the name she chose for the company she hopes to set up. She's lovely - much younger than me - well, fifteen years, and has a young family and almost full time job too. She went to art college in her youth and I think she has a lot of talent. She's been doing beautiful seascapes for a few years (as us mothers know, difficult to be creative or prolific when you have a young family) and has had some success in exhibiting these.

But a few years ago she saw some work by another contemporary artist, quite naive in style, and this set her off on a whole new tangent. She started painting things for me for Christmas and birthday presents, which were absolutely lovely. When she read Stonewylde (in manuscript form) she was really inspired by the subject matter, and painted me some beautiful Stonewylde pictures as presents.

So when I needed a bespoke Wheel of the Year, she was the obvious choice. We're very close and on the same wavelength, and it was wonderful to work with her. The Green Man and Moon and Hares I've put up were again presents, not commercial stuff, but I knew you'd all enjoy them as you all loved the Wheel of the Year. She decided ages ago to try and set up a company to produce greetings cards (there's so much rubbish around, isn't there?) but after doing the Wheel, thought she might produce a range based on the pagan symbology, although not exclusively pagan of course. She lives in Dorset, and like me, appreciates the beauty of nature all around her.

I've seen her first draft of a stunning card she's designed for summer - to span the Summer Solstice and Lammas. Whether or not she'll be able to get it out for this summer I don't know, but it really is beautful. I'll keep you informed of developments! Thanks everyone for your comments about her work. She's very self-deprecating and modest, and it means a lot to her to get feedback and praise. :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Ebany » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:38 am

yes Kit, she is obviously VERY talented! Lets hope she can get her new cards going soon! As you said, there is a lot of rubbish out there, but fortunately people like your sister are there to save the day!!
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby solsticedreamer » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:35 pm

her work is so beautiful, i agree ebany she is very talented.
i really hope things take off for her, that talent deserves recognition. and of course the views here in dorset are such an inspiration :)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Pixiedust » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:30 pm

She's a very talented lady kit, look forward to seeing some of her new work.
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby iWitch » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:14 pm

You're sister is indeed a very talented artist, Kit. Image I would love to see more of her work out there available to the public at large.Image
iWitch

Postby sea sprite » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:48 pm

I hadn't heard of Headingham Fair, so I googled it and now I want to buy loads of stuff on the site! :roll: There's a Green Man brooch and a moongazy hare pendant that I especially like!

Kit's sister's artwork is amazing too. I love both the hares and the Green Man (as well as the Stonewylde Wheel of the Year, of course!) and look forward to seeing more :)

sea sprite x
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby iWitch » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:11 pm

sea sprite wrote:I hadn't heard of Headingham Fair, so I googled it and now I want to buy loads of stuff on the site! :roll:

Why did you google, when we had posted the site link :?:
iWitch

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:15 pm

:lol: I had to do the same Sea Sprite
good site and would like to have a look around there, need plenty of money though I think i woulod spend out :D

adding to my clutter also :lol:
I think most of us are the same by the sound of it, who wants an empty house anyway :P I really could do with some book shelves though but where could i put them, just no space :lol: (no rude comments please)

soon as i put things away I spend what seems like days finding them again, leave well alone is best..... it's all to hand :lol:
Carprimulgidae

Postby iWitch » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:29 pm

For those that missed it the first time, you can get their site by clicking on the following words:

Hedingham Fair
iWitch

Postby sea sprite » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:22 am

Hi iWitch, I googled it before the link had been posted, but didn't get around to posting my message until after the link had been posted! Don't think I have explained that very well :lol: Basically, there was no link when I googled it :)
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Postby sea sprite » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:28 am

Hi Carp! I know what you mean :D My husband and I are having to try and have a bit of a declutter/tidy up as we have a 9 month old baby who is showing signs of starting to crawl very soon :shock: We have loads of books, magazines, newspapers, etc, lying around which he loves to eat. He ate a bit of a cardboard box this morning when I wasn't looking and then proceeded to throw it (and part of his breakfast!) back up on the floor. I sound like a terrible mother, don't I? :oops: AND I've gone off-topic again. Sorry, Lirazel :(
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Postby iWitch » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:04 pm

sea sprite wrote:Hi iWitch, I googled it before the link had been posted, but didn't get around to posting my message until after the link had been posted! Don't think I have explained that very well :lol: Basically, there was no link when I googled it :)

Actually, I understood you perfectly well. :lol: It seems as though your brain and my brain work the same way. :wink:
iWitch

Previous

Return to Stonewylde Series