Amazon Review

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Amazon Review

Postby Seawitch » Tue May 13, 2008 9:58 pm

Have you seen the Amazon comment with the one star? Although everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I realise this rambling waffle isn't going to affect the popularity of Stonewylde, it looked like sabotage to me.

I looked at their other reviews and she (or is it he?) certainly has a lot to say for themselves..... I haven't read any of the other books they have reviewed, but they are less than flattering about some of the others too.

Not content to let this rest, I did a bit of detective work and found who this reviewer is: http://www.silverymoonmarketing.co.uk/ and guess what - it's a marketing company!!

Have a look and you'll see this woman makes a living out of persuading people to buy things - and maybe sometimes persuading them not to. She says "You've got to get just the right words, in just the right framework, in precisely the right place. Then it works wonderfully."

This isn't the review of an ordinary reader, but is from a professional marketing company who may possibly have been hired to create some kind of negative marketing strategy to turn the tide against Stonewylde.

Of course, Stonewylde is far strong enough to survive a grain of sand being thrown at its walls........... Nevertheless, I've sent an email to Amazon as I think it totally inappropriate for a marketing/copywriting company to be trying to influence readers on Amazon's review pages in the guise of an ordinary reader. It's not sour grapes - it's all about principles.

Feel much better now I've got that off me chest.........
Seawitch

Postby Moonchild » Tue May 13, 2008 11:07 pm

I read that a while ago and wondered about it, and also noticed that it was the only bad review out of all of them so I don't think it'll be affecting anyone's opinions :) As you say though - matter of principle! :evil:
*she who dances with the crows*
Moonchild

Postby Leanne » Wed May 14, 2008 5:49 am

well done Seawitch for your sleuthing, and for taking positive steps against dishonest reviewing (which is what it is). you should PM Kit bringing her attention to this too.
Leanne

Postby sea sprite » Wed May 14, 2008 8:26 am

Well done, Seawitch :) I read it yesterday and it doesn't sound like it's written by an 'ordinary' reader-now I know why :x Hopefully Amazon will take steps to deal with it. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that's just out of order if they're from a marketing company :evil:
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Seawitch » Wed May 14, 2008 1:26 pm

Received a reply from Amazon today and, as expected, they're doing nothing about it:

We understand your concern, but I am afraid that we will not be
removing the review you have complained about. As a retailer we are
interested in cultivating a diversity of opinion in our reviews. Part
and parcel of that is allowing our customers to air their honest
thoughts on titles they have read.

Oh well, it was worth a try..........

PS I just noticed there's a facility to add a comment to individual reviews, so have just done so - and (through gritted teeth) made my comment as non-abusive as possible, since Amazon doesn't take kindly to abuse being posted, or they will remove it.
Seawitch

Postby Pixiedust » Wed May 14, 2008 4:21 pm

:roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well done Seawitch. :wink:
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed May 14, 2008 4:59 pm

:x
well done seawitch~i have to say the review read really poorly itself!
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Seawitch » Wed May 14, 2008 10:14 pm

I notice that someone else (Ms F S Millward) has posted a critical comment about the bad review, so its high handed attitude has been further watered down.

Wonder if Ms Millward frequents this forum - and if so, I'd like to say thanks.
Seawitch

Postby Beantighe » Wed May 14, 2008 10:16 pm

That's a dreadful thing to do - attempted sabotage! :evil: I read about it in Kit's latest newsletter. I had no idea the reviewer was working for a marketing company. Whyever would they want to sabotage someone else's work? It's really wicked. Let's hope that merely one negative review won't influence people. It's going to look a bit fishy anyway, isn't it, when all the other reviews - I believe there are 78 - have all been 5 star. Let's hope that spiteful act boomerangs back to bite her on the bum!!! :twisted:

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby iWitch » Wed May 14, 2008 10:47 pm

There is the option, too, to say whether or not you found a review helpful. I let my opinion be known about that particular reviewer. :?
iWitch

Postby Beantighe » Wed May 14, 2008 11:04 pm

I've just been on Amazon myself and left a comment as waspish as I could get away with about that 'silvery moon' agent provocateur - the would-be saboteur! Grrrrrrrr! :evil: If we all got on her back, she'll wish she'd never bothered!

Love Beantighe
Last edited by Beantighe on Fri May 16, 2008 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu May 15, 2008 3:10 am

I seen it & thought there was an under lying motive, the rat needs knocking down a peg i think :lol:
must be the only person not to get hooked, deff more to this :evil:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Felicity » Thu May 15, 2008 11:04 am

FS is me!!!!!

Must say I found it hard to be controlled. Steam coming from my ears as I wrote it!!
Are we human because we gaze at the stars or do we gaze at them because we are human? And do the stars gaze back - now that's a question!
Felicity

Postby Leanne » Thu May 15, 2008 12:31 pm

WELL DONE FS!! (deliberate capitals!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leanne

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu May 15, 2008 11:08 pm

FS, nice one :wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Next

Return to Stonewylde Series