What Printed Edition(s) Have You Got?

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Postby faery » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:28 pm

Magus = 2nd
Moondance = 1st
Soltice = 1st
...chuckles knowingly at Carp and Sujee.... I have never given a book away unless it was bought for the purpose. If I won the lottery, the dream house would have to have a library :D
The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon...but it's echo lasts a great deal longer...
faery

Postby Moongoddess » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:34 pm

I have never given a book away unless it was bought for the purpose

Ahh real book lovers....nearly every room in our house has a bookcase...and I've still got a pile at the side of the bed :roll: :lol: Giving books way :shock: never :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Sujee » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:07 pm

Have about 7 books at the side of the bed - it depends what mood I am in at bedtime but reading a prose translation of The Canterbury Tales at the moment. Books books books - how anyone can be proud to say they never read, I will never understand (and I know folk who do say that...). I think they are twisted! :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby faery » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:21 am

how anyone can be proud to say they never read, I will never understand

That's my elder son to a tee, though at the moment he is reading the "Halo" story books - but only because he plays the damn thing on his X-Box all the time :roll: He claims, and there probably is some truth in it, that he can read them because he can visualize the story from playing the game. In other words he has no imagination and finds other books boring because he can't "see" them. I have extended my sympathies to him :lol: .
The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon...but it's echo lasts a great deal longer...
faery

Postby Moongoddess » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:39 am

My Dad doesn't read, he can't understand why you'd want another book if you already have one :shock: :!:

faery said
he can't "see" them

I do think men have trouble visualising things. When Andrew and myself first looked at our house, which was a shell desperately in need of TLC. I could see it done...colour on the walls....floor to ceiling bookshelf :D floorboards stripped and varnished...even the type of settee/cutains/cushions I wanted.....Andrew thought I'd gone mad, as he couldn't see beyond what was in front of his face :? He doen't read either :!: :roll:
Moongoddess

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:46 pm

I am so thankful to my mum for teaching me to read and for spending countless hours reading to me when i was young, it paid off :lol:
I love books although I dont get to read them all, I will get around to it one day and feel it is much better to have some unread books on your shelf for a rainy day than to have read them all.

I have no trouble visualising, maybe it is if you are creative or not :?: I can see the finished product even if it is a pile of wood, maybe that is down to the individual, some men may find it better not to visualise if it means putting the TV remote down :idea: have you thought of that :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Moongoddess » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:14 pm

Thing is Carp, he is quite creative, he's very good with wood.....turning and building furniture. Just don't think he could see what was going on in my head :roll: :lol: :lol:
As for reading, he would read, but as soon as he starts, he falls asleep :!: and never gets beyond the 2nd page :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

stonewylde books

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Just seen this on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... 71-4455854
hang onto whatever edition you have :lol: i wonder if this will sell :?: probably will.

Hope Kit reads this it will give her a boost :wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:24 pm

How much?! :shock:

I saw a CD I was after on Amazon and they were asking £60 for it! Did not say was a special edition or anything.

No pink one though...?!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Previous

Return to Stonewylde Series